Speculation: TT

BreadKick

Feb 7, 2016
I think TT, Bread, and AA need a long offseason and personal attention from the Hawks training staff. They're all skilled, smart players, but none seem to have the sort of strength or conditioning we've seen from the core guys.

Whether the Blues eliminate the Hawks or not, I think this series (if these three have the sort of pride and competitive drive we like to think they do) will be great motivation to step up their ability to hold the puck and win puck battles. You can't beat hockey IQ into players, but guys like Kane prove that any player can add that physical edge.

this post does not deserve a comment. :joker:

perstakli

Jan 21, 2015
Basically he is 2 hockey seasons behind Mikka Zibanehad (Ottawa) who turns 23 on April 18th..I live in Ottawa and te fans complain about Zibanehad being a "disappointment" already despite his still relatively young age and his ONLY 51 pts this season (TT with 2 hockey seasons less experience only put up 35 points this season)...so we might temper tge expectations..still very young..still under developed physically.

From a Finnish point of view - this is very much true. The feeling in Finland was (almost) that he was another lost prospect, inflating his last season points in Finland by playing in the most stacked team. Then, suddenly, he's in Chicago playing in the NHL which seemed like a fairy tale-level of progression. Maybe that brought up the expectations in Chicago as well, because of the story? One should also remember that TT is a *very* late 2012 draftee - he's born on the last day before the deadline!

It might be wise if TT decided to stay in Chicago after the pkayoffs and nit go back home this summer or not do a Toews Machu Picchu ing around the world on vacation ...

This I'll have to disagree with - traditionally summer training in Finland is much more intensive (and long) than in NA, probably due to the season here having much less games. Summer training starts in clubs way earlier than it does in the NHL (some teams start training together as early as May!) and Finnish NHL players seem to continue this tradition, often getting together in groups, bringing in coaches on their own dime for skating, strength etc. North American players playing in Finland have often commented on this difference too - here's Ben Maxwell discussing it (unfortunately only in Finnish).

Anyway, hope TT improves for you guys and fulfills the expectations, he has always been a very intriguing prospect!

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
This I'll have to disagree with - traditionally summer training in Finland is much more intensive (and long) than in NA, probably due to the season here having much less games. Summer training starts in clubs way earlier than it does in the NHL (some teams start training together as early as May!) and Finnish NHL players seem to continue this tradition, often getting together in groups, bringing in coaches on their own dime for skating, strength etc. North American players playing in Finland have often commented on this difference too - !

Then why is TT so physically underdeveloped compared to similar NA players/

I'm not buying your theory.

FinnFan8

Expert Thread-Killer
Dec 7, 2015
SF, CA
Cause TT is the only one that needs to really add strength and weight. AP and AA are fine.

I'm not only talking about strength and weight, but cardio too. TT and AP could both use some strength, since AP is still getting rubbed out of plays more than a guy like Kane. And AP and AA both look far more winded at the end of shifts than Kane or Toews or most of the core.

TT needs weights. AA needs to hit the treadmill. AP needs some of both.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
I'm not only talking about strength and weight, but cardio too. TT and AP could both use some strength, since AP is still getting rubbed out of plays more than a guy like Kane. And AP and AA both look far more winded at the end of shifts than Kane or Toews or most of the core.

Kane has much better puck protection habits than AP, he also gets a lot more respect from defenders than Panarin.

TT needs to adapt in all physical aspects of the NHL.

zac

Apr 29, 2009

I'm not sure what you are watching, but physically Panarin plays stronger than Kane and appears to be more willing to use it. If you haven't noticed, he's about the only one of our players consistently winning board battles.

Panarin RARELY gets rubbed out of plays. Typically when he turns the puck over it's from attempting to make some ******** move.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'm not sure what you are watching, but physically Panarin plays stronger than Kane and appears to be more willing to use it. If you haven't noticed, he's about the only one of our players consistently winning board battles.

Panarin RARELY gets rubbed out of plays. Typically when he turns the puck over it's from attempting to make some ******** move.

would have to agree. Panarin is strong on the forecheck, strong on the puck as well.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
:p: Alrighty then, all three are perfect. They can just hit the links this summer then...

That is not what people are saying. We all agree TT needs to hit the weights with a strict program but disagree with AP. Looking winded at the end of a shift has more to do with styles that each plays compared to being out of shape. Kane glides more than most.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
TT will be traded at the draft so the Hawks can keep Shaw.

Count on it!:punk:

No need to as TT wont be making much in his bridge contract, maybe $2M if that. Some one else would have to be moved, hopefully Bickell, maybe if Stan used a guy like Johns to get rid of Bickell instead of getting Daley then at least he wouldnt have gone in vain.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Bo wanted to make a hockey trade instead of dumping Sharp. Sharp and Johns for Trevor Daley and Garbutt lmao

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
He's had a down year but the talent is obvious. That said, if we could trade him and Shaw in a package for a young top 4 D, I'd think about it hard.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
He's had a down year but the talent is obvious. That said, if we could trade him and Shaw in a package for a young top 4 D, I'd think about it hard.

Forward is a bigger need than defense, Pokka and Forsling look like solid bets at top 4 D but we need a 1LW and a 1RW plus depth scoring and only have one or two prospects that can project into the top 6.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He's not a guy you include as part of your core. Ever. He belongs playing in Edmonton. He would fit right in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad