TSN690: Brian Wilde on Subban

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Other players can make as many mistakes as they want to with no consequences (and in some cases get even more icetime) but Subban - the defending Norris winner - deserves benching?

Yeah... okay.

at no point did I saw or infer he deserves benching, and I do agree he seems to get picked on more but he does bench other players I've seen Eller and Galchenyuk get benched a few times for making stupid plays

raffibomb

Mar 12, 2014
It's been iterated and reiterated that the stringent requirement for a francophone coach can be an impediment. I suppose we'll have to wait for someone gifted with a serendipitous combination of fluency in French, understanding of hockey, and ability to elicit the best from 20+ athletes. I hope that this paragon is discovered while I'm still alive. It's sad to say that we have a pretender usurping his rightful place.

He's in Colorado winning an Adams trophy.

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
He's in Colorado winning an Adams trophy.

or in Bern, Switzerland.

The day MT got hired I thought I was caught in a bad dream. I swear I almost puked. We definitely missed the boat on Roy, which would have been an ideal fit (easy to say now, but I believed it back then too). MT has often left me clueless and confused, sometimes totally disconnected and disengaged.

#FireTherrien

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Once Therrien is gone and Montreal gets a coach that can recognize talent, Subban is going to be consistently top 3 in the NHL for defensemen. I have literally no doubt about that.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
subban holds on to the puck too long and his forwards wait and wait for him to pass. teams know his style now and take away the wingers and box him out dont blame therrien, subban best days are now exposed

Team has no transition game. What do you expect?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
subban holds on to the puck too long and his forwards wait and wait for him to pass. teams know his style now and take away the wingers and box him out dont blame therrien, subban best days are now exposed
Isn't it a school night?

theboss*

So explain putting vanek with white or emelin playing the right?

Coach is a dumbass

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
Once Therrien is gone and Montreal gets a coach that can recognize talent, Subban is going to be consistently top 3 in the NHL for defensemen. I have literally no doubt about that.

Didn't Subban win the Norris last year with this coach?

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
or in Bern, Switzerland.

The day MT got hired I thought I was caught in a bad dream. I swear I almost puked. We definitely missed the boat on Roy, which would have been an ideal fit (easy to say now, but I believed it back then too). MT has often left me clueless and confused, sometimes totally disconnected and disengaged.

#FireTherrien

I agree with you that the MT choice left me uneasy, but I was more scared of Roy being here. It is a completely different thing to coach in Colorado vs. Montreal. And Although Roy is having a great year, this does not guarantee future success (see Guy Boucher). I would've been ok with Crawford but is his resume that much better that Therrien's? I just wish that the coaching search could be more expansive

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Team has no transition game. What do you expect?

Funny that they have no transition game and yet had 3 breakaways against the Bruins.

:facepalm:

Sometimes I think the biggest problem with this team isn't the media, owners, players, GM or coaches it's the fans!!!

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Funny that they have no transition game and yet had 3 breakaways against the Bruins.

:facepalm:

Sometimes I think the biggest problem with this team isn't the media, owners, players, GM or coaches it's the fans!!!

Well, I surely wouldn't blame the fans for the team playing like crap...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Well, I surely wouldn't blame the fans for the team playing like crap...

Every NHL team has hot and cold streaks...sometimes back to back...only in Montreal is it the end of the world and major changes should occur every 2 or 3 game losing streak...everything should be a panic move...

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
or in Bern, Switzerland.

#FireTherrien

Problem with Roy is that he also wanted Bergy's job like how he's set up in Colorado.

He apparently wanted a say on the trades and player movement which was never going to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad