TSN690: Brian Wilde on Subban

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Some of us said that at the beginning of the season when Therrien was constantly blaming PK after every matches. MT has no clue on how to coach a superstar. Why Karlsson is allowed to play like PK but PK isn't?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He's struggled a bit since the Olympics. Lost his timing sitting and then the time change etc, going into a heavy schedule.

His drop in points is in large part because teams have taken him and Markov away on the PP. Until the forwards step up and burn teams down low it will continue.
Happened before the Olympics and a big part of it is also lack of a transition game from the forwards. Nobody is where they are supposed to be...

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Out of all the coaches PK has had I think Martin was truly the only one who let PK loose. He seemed to understand that the big hits and crafty moves made PK highly productive.

If you've ever talked to Jacques you would know that he wasn't one of PK's biggest ally. He HATED his locker room supposed antics.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
It's been iterated and reiterated that the stringent requirement for a francophone coach can be an impediment. I suppose we'll have to wait for someone gifted with a serendipitous combination of fluency in French, understanding of hockey, and ability to elicit the best from 20+ athletes. I hope that this paragon is discovered while I'm still alive. It's sad to say that we have a pretender usurping his rightful place.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
not to mention contract negotiations have been dead for 2 months.

Subban +/- went from +14 to +3 in the last 2 weeks.

Montreal pissing off their star player...typical Montreal.

Is there any sense that an offer sheet might be coming, or that Montreal trades Subban's rights?

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
anything Brian Wilde says is an automatic :shakehead from me

People saying Subban is losing his "personality" are confusing it with trying to be a better overall playing. He cant rush the puck every shift or take high end chances.

And he had 6 points in 6 games before the SJ game. Lets take a breather

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
MT seems scared of skill players and prefers his little underdogs.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Is there any sense that an offer sheet might be coming, or that Montreal trades Subban's rights?
If I was in Subban's shoes, I'd be looking for offer sheets. If another team offers more than the Habs will, sign it. Pure mercenary attitude to the Habs from here on out. I'd take a hard hard line in any contract negotiations leading up to that as well, so for sure, the Habs might feel inclined from that to pursue trades before it even gets that far.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Such paranoia. Karlsson has been benched on more than one occasion by his coach. Subban getting less points represents his transition in becoming a better and more complete defenseman that can be trusted in any situation at any time. And those transitions are not always smooth, it takes time to become a great all-around defenseman. People who think MT is being hard on Therrien have no clue. There alot of NHL coaches that would be alot tougher on Subban than MT. How many players or even defensemen spend virtually the whole power play on the ice. Other than Ovechkin I don't think there is one player in the league that average more pp time than Subban. But on this board any reason to excuse PK's dumb plays is a good one other than blaming the the player himself.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
I have a funny feeling that they're treating PK this way to bring down his contract demands. Also, the last time somebody was treated like this was Drew Doughty, he turned out to be twice the defensman...peace

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Such paranoia. Karlsson has been benched on more than one occasion by his coach. Subban getting less points represents his transition in becoming a better and more complete defenseman that can be trusted in any situation at any time.
? Subban is not trusted in any situation at any time. He's much less of a complete defenseman than he has ever been in the NHL before. How is that a positive transition? :dunno:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Some of us said that at the beginning of the season when Therrien was constantly blaming PK after every matches. MT has no clue on how to coach a superstar. Why Karlsson is allowed to play like PK but PK isn't?

It's going so well in Ottawa right now. Not sure that's a model we should be using. Karlsson and his -15 being average defensively to stay polite....

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If I was in Subban's shoes, I'd be looking for offer sheets. If another team offers more than the Habs will, sign it. Pure mercenary attitude to the Habs from here on out. I'd take a hard hard line in any contract negotiations leading up to that as well, so for sure, the Habs might feel inclined from that to pursue trades before it even gets that far.
Still shocked that he signed for what he did last time...

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

It's such an infuriatingly possible scenario. God damn Bergevin and Therrien.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Price started off well until his coaching caused a style drift that didn't feel comfortable for him as you saw him struggle. Once he went back to his own style (this year) the difference is obvious.
Really? You won't even acknowledge the presence or give tremendous kudos on the goaltender coach who has implemented many huge changes to Price's game?

Wow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad