TSN: TSN Tradecenter

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
The actual deadline day is just scraps nowadays. All the major deals done a few days ahead, so it serves little purpose to have an all dayer which mostly consists of talking about what's happened in the past week whilst waiting for a 3rd liner getting dealt for a 4th somewhere. Waste of time really.
Well I would say it is better than watching curling from the night before

Reactions: CanMerc

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Well I would say it is better than watching curling from the night before
I hate when trades happen days before and TSN is showing tennis or curling or some other meh sport. I think they should split screen to trade coverage for the week leading into the TDL

Reactions: Kraken Jokes

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Yeah, really unfortunate that it takes away from the excitement around the sport and a great event. Much more exciting than any all star happening.

I hope NHL implement some sort of trade freeze or perhaps the key is to only allow in-season retention on the deadline day to manufacture the excitement back.

Reactions: CanMerc

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is it just me or does it feel like this TDL will be even less eventful than usual? Seems like we're not even hearing much in the way of rumbling.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Yeah, really unfortunate that it takes away from the excitement around the sport and a great event. Much more exciting than any all star happening.

I hope NHL implement some sort of trade freeze or perhaps the key is to only allow in-season retention on the deadline day to manufacture the excitement back.
Trades aren't made to entertain the fans. They are serious attempts at improving rosters to compete. The games are the entertainment product. Why the desire to manufacture excitement?

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Trades aren't made to entertain the fans. They are serious attempts at improving rosters to compete. The games are the entertainment product. Why the desire to manufacture excitement?
I think part of it is fans thinking GMs know the deadline date and what they need so waiting until the last minute is annoying for fans. I for one am a fan of early trades.. I get the money aspect, but I’d make trades in January and give the team extra time to gel

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
I tried watching Sportsnet once and after 10 mins of Kipreos rambling I switched back to TSN

Reactions: BTO

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I tried watching Sportsnet once and after 10 mins of Kipreos rambling I switched back to TSN

I think part of it is fans thinking GMs know the deadline date and what they need so waiting until the last minute is annoying for fans
I think this fan in particular wants to force all trades to happen on deadline day for the sake of a televised event

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Every year there are more trades in the few days leading up to deadline, and less on deadline day.

I'm surprised network's haven't dedicated a full week to trade deadline shows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad