TSN: TSN Tradecenter

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
It probably benefits them to have early trades as they can discuss the deals, have the interview snippits, maybe some games already played and can talk about fit and impact. Then sprinkle in the "trade breakers" for live deals, there will be a bunch today.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Every year it gets worse for these poor guys, all the trades are already made and maybe a few trickle in today. For all the time that Duthie and the team have to kill, hats off to them for at least making it entertaining. They need to bring back Jennifer Hedger and the T-shirt gun though :)
j hedge is so awesome , best nhl reporter . all else you need is mckenzie-duthie-dreger-lebrun , and an ex player say frankie corrado

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
On a plane right now so not watching but every year they’re infinitely better than Sportsnet. I like having it on in the background while I work.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
It’s largely boring, and oft times annoying, always to Leafs centric, but I watch ever year for those odd tidbits of info, speculation, and analysis about teams and players…and it’s a hell of a lot better than the Sportsnet idiots
just wait until Treliving makes his traditional last minute depth d for a late pick trades...they'll make it sound like they just acquired Makar...when in fact the guy will play like 1/4 of the games and get 5 min or less of ice time.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Definitely an concept that Twitter and social killed.

Back when HF's servers would quit after the first small trade, following TSN and Sportsnet was the best way to keep up to date and see reaction to the deals (be it the analysts or an interview with the player/GM).

Now it's easier to get the reactions directly from the horse's mouth so to say.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Craig Button is a cartoon character idiot and one of the most annoying people I’ve ever seen. I honestly can’t stand him. I do like the new additions every year, and I’m always there to hear what The Bobfather has to say…but that Llama crap…that’s just painful stupidity.
…but as stated earlier, social media has made it mostly irrelevant viewing

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
The actual deadline day is just scraps nowadays. All the major deals done a few days ahead, so it serves little purpose to have an all dayer which mostly consists of talking about what's happened in the past week whilst waiting for a 3rd liner getting dealt for a 4th somewhere. Waste of time really.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Every year it gets worse for these poor guys, all the trades are already made and maybe a few trickle in today. For all the time that Duthie and the team have to kill, hats off to them for at least making it entertaining. They need to bring back Jennifer Hedger and the T-shirt gun though :)
The Boudreau cold open was good lol.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
When was it ever good? This has happened for as long as I can remember
Maybe up until 15(?) or so years ago the vast majority of trades happened at the deadline, so the deadline shows became increasingly larger productions. Until one day they showed up to the ball all dressed up and there were suddenly no trades to be had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad