TSN: TSN Top 10 Available Expansion List

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Soooo trades will happen right . Some good players on this list will be moved to other teams . Should balance the league

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
So much that is wrong with the post about Brodin, making me wonder if the writer knows anything about hockey.

-He was never signed in the hope that he would be the next OEL or Klingberg(who actually wasn't a thing at that time). It was always known that he was a defensive Dman, not an offensive Dman like those two.

- He will not be one of the Dmen exposed by the draft. His age, ability,and contract make him one that you protect. Wild will expose Dumba and Scandella, maybe even Spurgeon, before him.

I can see us exposing Scandella and Dumba before Brodin, but I doubt Spurgeon will be exposed before Brodin.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
[Tweet]801115534515261440[/MEDIA]

Button's team, but yea no one know's who's gonna be available tho. Most of these guys are probably gonna be traded.

Where is the TB player?

I know that things will change before the draft but Button is not looking at it from that perspective.

So they protect:
Stamkos NMC
Filppula NMC
Callahan NMC
Kucherov
Johnson
Palat
Garrison
Strahlman
Hedman
Vasilevskiy

That leaves:
Killorn
Coburn
Bishop

One of those 3 should be in Button's line-up.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Looks like TSN has a bit of recency bias. Perreault is a great player, and he just signed a four-year contract extension with Winnipeg. TSN thinks that the Jets will protect Adam Lowry over him. Fat ****ing chance.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I don't get why TSN thinks Atkinson will be exposed.

7F/3D/1G

Saad, Foligno (NMC), Dubinsky (NMC), Hartnell (NMC), Jenner, Wennberg, Atkinson
Jones, Murray, Savard(?)
Bobrovsky (NMC)

It's not like the Jackets will protect Calvert, Karlsson, Anderson or Gagner or choose to protect 4D for whatever reason.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Button's team, but yea no one know's who's gonna be available tho. Most of these guys are probably gonna be traded.

I don't see Ottawa NOT PROTECTING Dzingel...

I think they will protect :

Stone, Hoffman, Turris, Ryan, Brassard, Dzingel, Pageau
Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf
Anderson

If MacArthur comes back and play well, that's another quality player the Sens will have to leave exposed... Zack Smith is going to be UFA so no need to protect him. (Neil, Kelly and Pyatt will be UFA too and probably not re-signed, Neil will probably retire. Condon will be UFA too, no idea what will happen with him yet)

That leaves those players exposed :

Methot, MacArthur, Lazar, Wideman, Borowiecki, Claesson, McCormick, Hammond and maybe a few guys in the AHL (but Perron, Paul and Englund will be exempted so who cares?)

With Chabot, Englund and Jaros all graduating in the next few years, there will be replacements if the Sens were to lose Methot, but maybe they should try to trade him for picks and prospects. But would need to find a team with only 2 D worth protecting and the addition of Methot would bring them to 3.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Why exactly would Fleury waive his NMC and be lost for free? It'd make much more sense for him to be bought out and then have free reign to choose where he wants to sign. Unless they mean he'll be given away in a trade which would be more accurate.

I suspect there will be a bunch of vets that still have some gas in the tank that will do this. They may actually welcome a buy-out, get 2/3rds of their salary, and then sign on with another team. It could increase their earnings ultimately.

Not sure what leverage the teams will have with the threat of a buy-out for some of these players.

Like you could say, the team could try to trade. But if the player has a NMC (or worse yet NTC), then the player still has some say on where they end up.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Hoping LA doesn't lose Forbort or Dowd.

Will there be that much movement at the deadline? Seems like it will be tricky to add players without exposing others.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

I will personally chauffeur him to Vegas and thank GMGM in person if they take Sbisa for us

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The wort pick Button made is Reaves. There's no way a 29 year old 5-10 minute a game player with a career high of 12 points is the best the Blues have to leave open.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Hard to imagine Bouma gets picked from Calgary

Ferland, Shinkaruk, Kulak, Jokkipakka, Poirier

I'd take all of them beforehand.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Jets are in a tough spot here as we will lose a real good player in either Perreault or Armia. With is recent play, I am enclined to believe they would protect Armia above all else.

I'm with you. Perrault has proven too small and injury prone to play ctr in the West Conf. There is likely no getting around protecting 4 D-Men. Of Lowry, Armia or Perrault I think the latter is least likely protected. At least as it stands today.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Where is the TB player?

I know that things will change before the draft but Button is not looking at it from that perspective.

So they protect:
Stamkos NMC
Filppula NMC
Callahan NMC
Kucherov
Johnson
Palat
Garrison
Strahlman
Hedman
Vasilevskiy

That leaves:
Killorn
Coburn
Bishop

One of those 3 should be in Button's line-up.

I think there is a chance TB could get Filppula and Calahan to waive. I doubt Vegas would take either and it would allow them to protect Killorn and Namestnikov. Bishop is UFA, so I can't see TB taking him when they can just wait and sign him (if he is even interested in going there) and still pick up Coburn, Nesterov or Koekkoek. I see absolutely no way TB loses Killorn. They will figure it out. At worst they lose Namestnikov.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
The wort pick Button made is Reaves. There's no way a 29 year old 5-10 minute a game player with a career high of 12 points is the best the Blues have to leave open.

Yeah, that one makes zero sense.

That and Eddie lack. I know Carolina won't have any talented players exposed, but taking a nobody is better than flushing money down the toilet on Lack.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I think there is a chance TB could get Filppula and Calahan to waive. I doubt Vegas would take either and it would allow them to protect Killorn and Namestnikov. Bishop is UFA, so I can't see TB taking him when they can just wait and sign him (if he is even interested in going there) and still pick up Coburn, Nesterov or Koekkoek. I see absolutely no way TB loses Killorn. They will figure it out. At worst they lose Namestnikov.

I have no doubt they will figure out a way of protecting Killorn... but here are other players on that list that those teams will not be leaving available either. Getting Filppula and Callahan to waive... I doubt it... but buyouts are possible. I think they will buy out Flip and protect Killorn. That still leaves Namestnikov and very decent Dmen available for Vegas to choose from... and they are all better than Sbisa! Yet Button doesn't have a TB player on that roster - Craig Button is such a :joker:

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Vegas also gets to be active in free agency yes? Why would they waste grabbing utility players from teams when they could just sign them. I have a feeling they are going to grab a lot of boom or bust people if they are available.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I feel like those players won't be the best available for Vegas at all. They're all very very average.

Are you under the impression that teams are going to be leaving elite players exposed for Vegas to draft?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Killorn (Tampa Bay)-Jarnkrok (Nashville)-Read (Philly)
Baertschi (Vancouver)-Perreault (Winnipeg)-Dzingel (Ottawa)
Bouma (Calgary)-Grigorenko (Colorado)-Sheary (Pittsburgh)
Smith-Pelly (New Jersey)-Byron (Montreal)-Hayes (Boston)

Rychel (Toronto)-Larsson (Buffalo)-Mantha (Detroit)

Scandella (Minnesota)-Martin (San Jose)
Klein (NYR)-Manson (Anaheim)
TVR (Chicago)-Petrovic (Florida)

Orlov (Washington)-Forbort (LA)

Bishop (Free agent)-Lack (Carolina)-Korpisalo (Columbus)

I have a feeling that Vegas throws huge money at Bishop to get him. Most of the picks from TSN are fine, they could just make the defense a lot better than what they did make it.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
itll be cruel irony for oilers. They develop a middle pairing d still with upside from the 5th round and he gets claimed in a once in 20 year expansion draft

las vegas please please claim reinhart. He was a #5 overall pick and was traded for alot- hes really good! *winks*. Davidson is an injured 5th round scrub, this is not the player you are looking for.

but youd have to hope they expose pitlick before davidson given that the draft will have a ton of depth forwards. So hopefully that gets them to take reinhart

View attachment 92799

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Vegas also gets to be active in free agency yes? Why would they waste grabbing utility players from teams when they could just sign them. I have a feeling they are going to grab a lot of boom or bust people if they are available.

Vegas has to take at least 1 player from every team. Moreover, they probably won't really want any UFA that is willing to play on a team that will suck for years to come.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Killorn (Tampa Bay)-Jarnkrok (Nashville)-Read (Philly)
Baertschi (Vancouver)-Perreault (Winnipeg)-Dzingel (Ottawa)
Bouma (Calgary)-Grigorenko (Colorado)-Sheary (Pittsburgh)
Smith-Pelly (New Jersey)-Byron (Montreal)-Hayes (Boston)

Rychel (Toronto)-Larsson (Buffalo)-Mantha (Detroit)

Scandella (Minnesota)-Martin (San Jose)
Klein (NYR)-Manson (Anaheim)
TVR (Chicago)-Petrovic (Florida)

Orlov (Washington)-Forbort (LA)

Bishop (Free agent)-Lack (Carolina)-Korpisalo (Columbus)

I have a feeling that Vegas throws huge money at Bishop to get him. Most of the picks from TSN are fine, they could just make the defense a lot better than what they did make it.

OK like I said already, people can start forgetting putting Dzingel in those speculated teams. He is not going anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad