TSN: TSN releases first trade deadline board

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Curious what it would cost to get Ekholm to Winnipeg?
Or Savard?

Ekholm should return a 1st or an equivalent prospect and more. He's good, affordable and has an extra year.

Savard has an outside shot at the 1st round premium. It depends on the supply (i.e. Manson and Murphy not being for sale as rental+1s) and the demand. I'd put money on a couple Day 2 picks (2 2nds or a 2nd+3rd).

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Ekholm should return a 1st or an equivalent prospect and more. He's good, affordable and has an extra year.

Savard has an outside shot at the 1st round premium. It depends on the supply (i.e. Manson and Murphy not being for sale as rental+1s) and the demand. I'd put money on a couple Day 2 picks (2 2nds or a 2nd+3rd).
I’d pay for Ekholm... adding him to the Jets would make them dangerous

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I mean Nashville has clearly stated he is not one of the unavailable players so I don't really understand what you mean
All stemming from one unsubstantiated rumor, though, which only mentioned "untouchable" players, and that already highly dubious. I agree that Ekholm is not "untouchable". But he's under contract for another year, and not available in a typical "trade deadline" scenario, that's all. People are getting massively carried away by one reporter's speculation.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Nashville will want to protect Josi, Ellis, and Fabbro in the expansion draft, so unless they decide to go 4+4 it's highly likely that they'll trade Ekholm.

I think you might be vastly overestimating the value of expansion slots to Nashville.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
I like some of them, for depth. Maybe Hall would agree to take a longer deal with smaller aav? 6.5m and 5 years? 7m maybe would be ok but north from that is a hell no.

Maybe Buffalo signs Hall for 7x8m.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
  1. Johansen
  2. Duchene
  3. Forsberg
  4. Arvidsson
  5. Kunin
  6. Jarnkrok
  7. Sissons
Granlund and Haula traded or leave via UFA.​

Which 3 of those 7 forwards are Nashville going to leave exposed if they go 4+4?
Forsberg and Arvidsson are the only 2 I really care about protecting as of now. I guess I would protect Kunin next just with my fingers crossed. Everybody else I would absolutely expose.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I'd like to see Bobby Ryan on a contender. Great cap hit, having a decent season. He would be an awesome pickup for secondary scoring.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020

Well I would be willing to start the bidding at a 2nd and a 3rd/equivalent prospect (separate years) for Savard, provided we could get him signed immediately.

A stay at home defenseman who can skate decently, and make an outlet pass to save his life to pair with Hughes is SORELY missed by this Canucks fan.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad