TSN: TSN releases first trade deadline board

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
There are a lot of potentially excellent additions supposedly available.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Ekholm shouldn't be on this trade board. He's not really available. Not in the traditional sense.

#1 on the TSN board. #1 on The Athletic board (Link). Custance was even direct about his availability.

It may be time to move on from the not wanting him to be available barring an unrealistic overpayment stance. There's a lot of smoke here.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
#1 on the TSN board. #1 on The Athletic board (Link). Custance was even direct about his availability.

It may be time to move on from the not wanting him to be available barring an unrealistic overpayment stance. There's a lot of smoke here.
Oh, I think Ekholm is absolutely available. I don't think Forsberg actually is, but I actually expect Ekholm to be moved.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
TDA is 3rd on the board despite clearing waivers and sitting at home since. The Rangers would be better off buying him out in the summer instead of taking on a bad contract to get rid of him now.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
200.gif

Reactions: generalshepherd141

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Oh, I think Ekholm is absolutely available. I don't think Forsberg actually is, but I actually expect Ekholm to be moved.

If they continue to struggle, I agree. If they somehow scrape into realistic bubble team range, I bet Poile hangs onto him, at least until the offseason. We've all seen Poile spend good assets on mediocre rentals when the team didn't really have a realistic shot to win a cup, I don't think he'll sell a very good player if they have a shot at the postseason.

PumpkinBomb

Jul 22, 2020
The TSN guys are absolutely hilarious!! They get paid to speculate. Not very well either. Guys like Lebrun, Dreger etc are talking to fill the air....they rarely get any of this stuff right, let alone first, so calling them insiders is a big joke.
This times a million!

During the last lockout reporters proved who actually had and didn't have sources. Bob Mackenzie and Freidmen came out looking golden, and Dreger and Lebrun looked like idiots.

I think Dreger has some agents for sources but they clearly use him to push narratives and he never vets anything, just pumps it out mindlessly.

Compare that to the NFL side with Rappaport or Schefter and they at least get 2 sources for everything, and if they put something out it's pretty much true.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Of course TSN's article is all spaghetti against the wall, but I do think this is going to be one of the lowest quality trade deadlines, given the flat cap combined with impending expansion draft.

Reactions: Declassified

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad