TSN Rankings

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
It looks so silly that the Flyers finished with a positive GF/GA ration last year and now are ranked behind 9 teams that finished with a negative ratio.

But don't you remember?

Giroux will get hurt on the first shift of the season
Mason will lose his mind and quit hockey
Couturier will forget how to play defense
Jake wont hit the net once this season
Brayden disagrees with Berube in practice, starts a fight with him and retires due to the concussion Cheif gives him

That's literally the only way they finish as low as TSN is projecting.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I wouldn't say this team got better. Honestly? I don't think we're making the playoffs. However, I also would not rank us 25th. That's a bit absurd.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I am the one where I think we will be a bubble team, fighting for the 8th spot and then barely missing out. The offense has alot of "ifs" and we are so focused on Giroux to socre that if we do lose him for any period of time we are screwed. We also are not super deep like we used to so losing someone like Voracek, Simmonds, etc will also hurt.

The defense is terrible. We all know this. Berube seems to still love the Coburn-MacD pairing that got eaten alive all preseason, Grossmann looks slower and DZ sadly stikl doesnt seem to understand defense.

I like Mason alot but we will be counting on him a ton. He slows down from last season and we will be gettinng scored on alot more. I do not know if the offense can keep up with that to be competitive. We are not the 5th worse team in the league but this team screams average.

RJ8812*

TSN's power rankings have us at 25th in the league

TSN's season previous has us winning a wildcard spot

makes sense

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I just can't see how this team is worse than ottawa, calgary, or winnepeg. Those three above us baffle me the most.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
TSN's power rankings have us at 25th in the league

TSN's season previous has us winning a wildcard spot

makes sense

Noticed this as well. Another reason why TSN is slowly being phased out of the hockey world.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
Well so far they were generous....

Well, to be fair we have and will continue to be matched up against much more solid playoff teams... so it isn't all that surprising we are where we are, in fact I think it is going to get worse until we start facing some of the weaker teams in the league.

This is the year to be bad though... since the draft is so deep.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
That d corps is just brutal...I didn't expect much this year because of it anyway. They really had no margin for error with injuries. Kimmo's loss was just the tip of the iceberg. Still early but if that d remains we may be a 25th ranked team after all. Berube isn't helping either...he is still learning on the job.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If we're hoping for a high pick then best case scenario is finishing 2nd last because whoever finishes last is probably losing the lottery.

RJ8812*

well we pick the right draft to suck.

not really because I can't see us being one of the 2 bottom teams. If we are there near the end of the season, this team will just **** it up and go on a winning streak for "pride" like they did two years ago.

After McDavid and Eichel, there's nothing special

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This draft is supposed to be very strong, the higher the pick the better since that's really the best outcome we can expect from this season. Bouncing out of the first round of the playoffs doesn't help this team as much as being bad at the right time does.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah saying there's nothing behind those two players is just flat wrong. For starters there's Noah Hanifin who people think is a better prospect than Seth Jones & Aaron Ekblad. This draft is much more comparable to 2013 than it is 2014, I expect about around 5 or so to be playing in the NHL next year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Calgary actually has an entertaining team and is killing us in the standings thus far....go figure. It actually isn't funny at all...:(

I like the way their heading going forward but their play really isn't sustainable. They've been riding a wave with some guys playing above their talent level at the moment. Hiller's already starting to slow down in his last couple of games. Most of their production is coming from two defenders & younger players (some first year players).

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah saying there's nothing behind those two players is just flat wrong. For starters there's Noah Hanifin who people think is a better prospect than Seth Jones & Aaron Ekblad.

Wow. I knew he was good, but that's very high praise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad