TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I preferred OverDrive as Leafs Lunch, I just listened to it more at that time & it was pretty well all hockey. The new Leafs Lunch does not compare, especially when Poulin & Buttons the clown are on.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
does much better when the boys are all together but unfortunately thats uncommon lately still listenable though

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Hayes is a great host. O'Neill relates to and is just like the listeners, which is his biggest asset. McLellan is downright awful; the show can do without him. Siegel when on is insufferable.

I can't see a Leaf/hockey dominated show enjoying long term success in the prime time slot. The show comes across too amateurish more than it should.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I like Overdrive. 4:00 is the only time I switch over from the fan to tsn. Can't stand McCown, his grumpster schtick is getting so old.

Reactions: redbull

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Expect some bar play teasers when O is back.

Those three are highly entertaining and compliment one another very well.
Best TO radio show.

I think TSM is down....any idea how they're comparing to PTS?
TSN has to be doing better in that time slot now vs last year.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
by far best sports radio show. Kind of gets annoying the oDog always trying to get out of his 3 hour a day radio show every single day, if he really can't handle that and 10 hours TV time a week maybe should cut one back, if he isn't telling a funny story he is a joke terrible analyst and knows nothing about any other sport. Ferraro excellent, like Hayes and love mclennan if he is talking about hockey.
He didn't just leave for fun, he's been covering the World Juniors. And it is still an enjoyable show, not sure what the complaints are about.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
It doesn't help that O'Dawg hasn't been on the show for 2 weeks.

Everything funny and entertaining about the show was created by O'Dog. I remember when the show first started it was just Hayes and then Noodles. It was so vanilla and boring. As soon as O'Dog joined he came up with all of the funny segment ideas and voices. The other two have no sense of humour or creativity.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Overdrive is the best.

But only when Hayes, Odog, and Noodles are on at the same time.

Their chemistry is off the charts and I love how Hayes and Odog are actual Leaf fans and don't try to hide it.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
He didn't just leave for fun, he's been covering the World Juniors. And it is still an enjoyable show, not sure what the complaints are about.

Not now I'm not bothered by him taking time off, every time he is on the show he tries to get out of the show, he was off for 8 weeks and was whining about having to work a week into coming back, very enjoyable show but in my opinion he is the weakest link unless he is telling funny stories from his playing days that's all. He is also very concerned when a player is getting paid more than he was which can be off putting. Again I like the show and him just my observations like everyone else has about the show some dislike noodles for me it's the odog

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
Generally, I find the show pretty entertaining. The only knock for me is that it can be pretty lightweight for extended segments. The hockey coverage is generally excellent but TSN O pales in comparison to PTS for most other sports.
Can't understand all the love for the O Dog . He calls things the way he sees them but he is the least interesting of the three Imho. To me, Hayes is the real star of the show.

In regards to the TSN morning show I find Landsberg grating and obnoxious.Don't know how Naylor can stand working with the guy.His contrarian shtik gets really old really fast.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Generally, I find the show pretty entertaining. The only knock for me is that it can be pretty lightweight for extended segments. The hockey coverage is generally excellent but TSN O pales in comparison to PTS for most other sports.
Can't understand all the love for the O Dog . He calls things the way he sees them but he is the least interesting of the three Imho. To me, Hayes is the real star of the show.

In regards to the TSN morning show I find Landsberg grating and obnoxious.Don't know how Naylor can stand working with the guy.His contrarian shtik gets really old really fast.

Outside of Hayes it is pretty bad the other 2 trying to talk about any other sport. The 3 of them also know nothing about leaf prospects they know Kapanen and maybe dermott but that is it, Ferraro was talking about grundstrom the other day and you could just sense the "who" from the guys, of course obscure prospects they don't really need to know but this kid is near top of the shl in goal scoring.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
It's the best show on radio. When Hayes, O'dawg, and Noodles are on, the show is gold. Guaranteed laugh each time I listen to them.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Outside of Hayes it is pretty bad the other 2 trying to talk about any other sport. The 3 of them also know nothing about leaf prospects they know Kapanen and maybe dermott but that is it, Ferraro was talking about grundstrom the other day and you could just sense the "who" from the guys, of course obscure prospects they don't really need to know but this kid is near top of the shl in goal scoring.
I think Noodles only pays attention to young goalies, but past that he's lost.

Ferraro is key to that show. His segment is usually highly entertaining. It also really helps they have access to some of the better people in hockey for coverage on certain things. Particularly Bobby Mac and Button. Button can be way too absolutist, but he has great insight on a lot of prospects and is in the know. I also love how subtly this week he took a shot at Lawless.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
70% of the show is Odog, without him, its just not as good

This!

Odog has missed quite a bit this year and if you take this show seriously (with or without him), you are going to be disappointed.

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
Biggest problem with Overdrive is the 20 minutes of commercials an hour. I like Leafs lunch when O'sullivan is on but I don't like button at all

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Biggest problem with Overdrive is the 20 minutes of commercials an hour. I like Leafs lunch when O'sullivan is on but I don't like button at all

i download the podcast there a no ads except "your listening to the overdrive podcast brought to you by to mortgage warrior.com...... Call steve at the mortgage warrior.com he'll save ya thousands"

Alfie

Nov 5, 2016
If you're tuning in to Overdrive for some x and o analysis you're going to have a bad time. Overdrive is straight up entertaining sports talk with three guys who are straight shooters. I enjoy it.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If you're tuning in to Overdrive for some x and o analysis you're going to have a bad time. Overdrive is straight up entertaining sports talk with three guys who are straight shooters. I enjoy it.

which is absolutely fine but when an MBL or NFL analyst calls in the other 2 should realize there limitations and go "baby monkey" at that time. On that note would anyone be upset if it was a 3 hour hockey show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad