TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
You have to get Sparks some games early, if he shows well he might actually have some value on the trade market, or show he's a capable replacement for CM. Until then I don't think he's seen as good enough that we'll get a lot for him and, as others have said, he's good enough that another team will definitely take a chance on him for free if he were waived.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
hahaha, spot on. Miller is a arrogant prick interrupting every single person he is on with. During the summer when on with Hayes, Bryan Hayes the host of the ****ing show Gord Miller decided to hijack every interview and cut off Hayes questions every single day. HE is a horrible person, that's the only way to sum him up because only a POS interrupts people like him so consistently
Gord Miller is a human being who loves his children too.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Everytime I turn on SPORTSNET THE FAN 590 they're talking baseball. I wonder why?
It's just andi and Gord on LL today. Tough to listen to.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I wish Gord Miller never did radio shows. He and Cuthbert are my favourite play by play guys but I will be viewing him with a different lens now.
Gord was one of my favourite PBP guys. Hearing him on Overdrive this summer as a fill in for Odog and that other idiot has really turned me off from Gord. I didn't know he was a hot take artist.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Gord was one of my favourite PBP guys. Hearing him on Overdrive this summer as a fill in for Odog and that other idiot has really turned me off from Gord. I didn't know he was a hot take artist.

100% it’s really lowered my opinion of him. What I will say in terms of pbp is I think he seemed good compared to romanuk and hughson. I really don’t think he is that great, cuthbert is the best imo. Cuthbert and Ferraro are the winning combo for me

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Hahahaha......I'm indifferent on Gord. But I couldn't agree more with the idiot statement on noodles. Can't stand him.

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Same for me...Never knew Gord was so f***ing arrogant.

RubberHead

Apr 15, 2018
Come on everyone Pony Up,,,, We have to give the money to NBC so he can do their play by play again.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Everytime I turn on SPORTSNET THE FAN 590 they're talking baseball. I wonder why?
It's just andi and Gord on LL today. Tough to listen to.
I enjoyed having Coli on and am surprised they it was only a summer gig. Unfortunately they'll never be able to completely remove everyone from LL otherwise the PR fallout from removing Andi would never end.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
It would be far more prudent to trade McElhinney. Sparks has his whole career ahead of him, and we need someone to carry a bigger load as the backup so Andersen can be in better form in the playoffs.
If thats the case Pickard is the better choice.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Sparks and Pickard (and Kaskisuo) are simply depth IMO. I think the Leafs are fine with McElhinney as the backup for another season. I'm sure the hope is that the Leafs break camp with at least 2 of the 3 Marlies passing through waivers (Kaskisuo is still exempt). Don't forget that both Sparks and Pickard are on 1 way deals and cheap organizations don't like that sort of commitment to a player they may later demote. And the premise that either Sparks or Pickard are pushing for an NHL job is hard for me to fathom. Sparks is still an awkward hot/cold type IMO and Pickard isn't as good as Sparks. They are the team's mature goalie depth not fast rising prospects. Both help stabilize the Marlies on and off the ice and are placeholders for the time when the organization hits the jackpot on some high quality goalie prospects.

Reactions: Slot

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
They should play this song everytime Jonas is on the show. And then once again when Dubas is interviewed :laugh:

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
He's actually a terrific human being.
I've met him and know people who deal with him a lot. Nothing but compliments for him and his family.

That may be true, the personality that comes through on the radio couldn’t be farther from that. He comes off as a arrogant rude boor. Someone who seems enthralled with his own importance and brilliance,

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
That may be true, the personality that comes through on the radio couldn’t be farther from that. He comes off as a arrogant rude boor. Someone who seems enthralled with his own importance and brilliance,
Can’t disagree.
Hate him as a radio guest/host but he calls a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad