TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Anyone catch ODog on the fantasy draft show last night? Picked all Jets and Bruins, the traitor. Even went with Chara as his last pick, Hedman was still on the board. I really hope Hayes gives him the gears today about it.

That's sort of the winning strategy for playoff pools. Pick a team from each conference to go to the finals, then pick all their best players.

Reactions: Tak7

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I wanted to puke, listening to his explanation of the 4th line vs 1st line matchup last night.

What was he supposed to say though? I mean he can't throw the players under the bus to the media after Game 1 of the playoffs.

I agree, he didn't manage the game well and I do find he sometimes out-coaches himself; avoids logic often.

I think his comments were probably the least damaging thing he could say about his players, knowing full well that was on him. I sure hope so at least. Guess we'll find out tomorrow, but I mean, it's the coaches responsibility to to put players in a situation where they can succeed. He didn't do that last night a few times.

All that being said, I agree, the boys had a right to rip his decisions; hard to argue they didn't have an impact on the final outcome.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
What was he supposed to say though? I mean he can't throw the players under the bus to the media after Game 1 of the playoffs.

I agree, he didn't manage the game well and I do find he sometimes out-coaches himself; avoids logic often.

He did throw them under the bus though. Said it was their fault.

1) Put the players out in that situation
2) We saw earlier in the period they couldn't get it done
3) They didn't get it done
4) Told reporters it was the player's faults for not completing their role.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Button was on yesterday. I think he has some sort of speech impediment, or his mouth shoots off before his brain can catch up.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Canes talking to JFJ for their GM vacancy.

O-Dog is gonna lose it.

Had no idea JFJ has been working for Boston the last 4 seasons. Thought he was still with SJS.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Button was on yesterday. I think he has some sort of speech impediment, or his mouth shoots off before his brain can catch up.

I honestly think he has hearing difficulties, you know how people who don't hear so well always yell. That is Button. Button also sounds like he is going to blow his mic over from his nose he breathes so loud

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Canes talking to JFJ for their GM vacancy.

O-Dog is gonna lose it.

Had no idea JFJ has been working for Boston the last 4 seasons. Thought he was still with SJS.
Canes are paying so cheap that JFJ is the best they can get. They should of thought of that before booting Francis.
For that salary they can't even get Dubas.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Man I hate when they let pigeons call in. I don’t listen to hear random fans over react and try and be funny. I can come here for all my hot takes and over reaction needs.

Reactions: BillDerlago

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Man I hate when they let pigeons call in. I don’t listen to hear random fans over react and try and be funny. I can come here for all my hot takes and over reaction needs.

I know i stopped listening to the Scotty Mac Show because of that.
i can't stand call in shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad