TSN: TSN new website look

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario
it would be ok if there was a way to just read the articles without the video ...i feel like im being spammed and forced to pay for the data the videos use...how can i block the videos from automatically starting?

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Been nearly a week and I can't get used to it. In fact, I think I dislike it even more. I've become a Sportsnet convert.

The TSN website looks like something an amateur blogger with advanced web skills put together. The advertisements around the borders is really offputting and is one of the reasons why I think it looks amateurish.

noelllll*

It definitely needs some tweaking. But I like where they're going with it.

Gotta keep up with web standards to remain relevant.

stish

Horrible. Unimaginative, just like every site out there. Have already stopped going there as much.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Been nearly a week and I can't get used to it. In fact, I think I dislike it even more. I've become a Sportsnet convert.

The TSN website looks like something an amateur blogger with advanced web skills put together. The advertisements around the borders is really offputting and is one of the reasons why I think it looks amateurish.

I've been a TSN guy forever, and I've made the switch to Sportsnet now too. It's just so much more accessible, and less busy.

habscout

Mar 6, 2002
Lasalle, Ontario, Ca
Visit site
this. podcasts seem to be down, so annoying

I don't think they're down. I think they've purposely abandoned them which totally sucks. I can't always listen to the show streaming live thanks to work and life, and used to depend on downloading the shows from either their website or iTunes. But now I see a number of TSN podcasts from several cities sports radio shows are no longer being fed into iTunes and all have stopped on the same day or the next day. I hope they're not penny-pinching because of the lost revenues due to the Sportsnet TV contract. If so then providing less content is a *really* bad way to maintain fans/visitors to their website.

I've emailed a couple of contacts listed on the TSN website yesterday including the Audience Relations contact. So far I have not heard anything back. If I do I'll share it here.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I don't think so. they still have the itunes versions (they announce them on twitter) - as well as Hayes and Macko/Cauz say they realise that things are wonky and told everyone how to get there and that they are working on it.

HonestJim

Jul 6, 2013
Manitoba
You enjoy watching tv commercials?

It's a crap ton better.

The old website was clunky and had waaaay to much going on in every window. They had like 20 to 30 snippets of articles everywhere. It was confusing for no reason.

It's cleaner and far more organised. I really don't understand what people liked from the previous site to now. I really don't.

Why? ..they make you watch 30-60 secs of ads to see 60 secs of highlights? No write ups just vids?! 4 clicks for some stats that used to take 2 clicks! Crappy blogging. Sometimes it refreshes on it's own as I'm commenting, effectively erasing everything I write. It sucks pure and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

HonestJim

Jul 6, 2013
Manitoba
Mark Silver to Blame.

Direct your comments to Mark Silver of TSN.. he's the DB responsible for this crappy website. HUGE Fail TSN.. fire that SOB.

hammertime

Aug 7, 2005
Why? ..they make you watch 30-60 secs of ads to see 60 secs of highlights? No write ups just vids?! 4 clicks for some stats that used to take 2 clicks! Crappy blogging. Sometimes it refreshes on it's own as I'm commenting, effectively erasing everything I write. It sucks pure and simple.

Well said and true!

Last edited by a moderator:

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Everyone from Pittsburgh and Columbus is on Edmonton today.

6duxad.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad