TSN: TSN new website look

King of Arcadia

Feb 11, 2010
Hate it. I wont be renewing my subscription to their website. Anyone know what sporsnet or hockeynews charges?

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
anyone have any tips on which sports websites are good or were similar to the old tsn layout? (not interested in sportsnet.)

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Content is the same, so who cares.

Content is the same? Have you taken a look around?

The draft center is completely gone. Can't even find old Bobby Mac/Button lists.

The NHL fantasy rankings they do every year... missing. Only way to view it is in google cache. Should be good news for the ppl's whose draft is happening next week. :/

This is an awful change.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I hate it cause I hate drop down windows. But I'm slowly coming around. The new site is faster cause it doesn't have as much java bogging **** down.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Better get used to it, this is the new trend.
Blog sites are popular due to their linear and easy to follow style

I like it

I won't be getting used to it. I don't go there anymore. That's how miserable I think it is. I do automatically think to go there though and catch myself. It was a bad decision to change it.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Content is the same? Have you taken a look around?

The draft center is completely gone. Can't even find old Bobby Mac/Button lists.

The NHL fantasy rankings they do every year... missing. Only way to view it is in google cache. Should be good news for the ppl's whose draft is happening next week. :/

This is an awful change.

yes this. The old stuff was what we want. Quite simple to rationalize that they will be seeing a traffic slow down on there.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
That's not a link to the old site when I clicked on it. Its the crap one and I wish that I hadn't given them the hit. You should seriously remove the link.

done. it used to redirect to the old site, and now its just redirects to the new one. ugh.

why the **** can't tsn listen to feedback? i mean seriously, the majority of the people want the old layout. i seriously hate visiting tsn now.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
so... apparently tsn1050 is down? gone?
it's not available online at all - i can't even find it on the airwaves. is anyone else having this issue?

Reverend Salty

Jun 28, 2004
Leaf Nation
If I wanted a crappy site or one like all the others I would go to Sportsnet or all the others. The biggest issues I have with it is that I can't get the radio at work anymore. I REFUSE to go to Sportnets. It is already going to be 12 LONG years as it is.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
it looks like it's trying to rip off of espn. i don't like it because you have to click on more pages instead of scrolling. which means more loading times.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
It's a lot more cleaner and easy to read. I definitely like the scoreboard display at the top as well as the stats display when you click on a game/matchup. That will be nice during the season to keep track of different games.

Don't mind scrolling down to view more articles at all. Most of the Leafs ones get posted at the top anyway. I'm sure adjustments will be made in coming weeks. Better Twitter box would be nice.

Really surprised so many people are reacting negatively to this change. We were all really really used to the old site but the reality is it was a cluster**** of news. This is TSN entering the real world of modern news. Get over it.

Leafy Undergrowth

Feb 4, 2013
It's bizarre to me that people think the old site was somehow confusing or cluttered? You saw all the headlines at a glance. Now you have to scroll through the headlines + half of the bloody articles that the headlines link to, to find all the news of the day. Really it's not that big of a deal, but to me it smacks of change for the sake of change. IMO, it's functionally less friendly by wasting a lot of space. The scoreboard is definitely an improvement though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad