TSN: TSN new website look

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yeah, it worked.

Maybe I'm just an old dinosaur and I don't understand the "new ways" people are using web sites?

I still can't understand why some websites haven't figured out how to use a 16:9 layout, as I'm assuming most people who are logging into a desktop version of a website are probably doing so on a widescreen monitor or TV.

Then you have an app version of TSN for your phone/tablet etc. and that app is horrible, used to be good but they felt the need to ruin it.

Seems they felt the need to now ruin the desktop version as well.

Oh well, I've already gotten used to using theScore app on my phone and now I'll have to find a better sports website for my desktop use, any suggestions other than Sportsnet?

we can sit together in the "why change something that was functional" most of the reasons most people like the website is what i hate. I liked the "newspaper look" to tsn, the videos were on the right, the articles, were on the left, articles that i need to read are in the middle.

this new website (especially for what i go on tsn for), i have to search for everything. I don't know where the videos that i like are, I can't find "the "You Can't Do That" or "insider training"). on the radio website - now i can't find the podcasts, and the articles that i like.

to me it's a huge info dump. if i were evaluating this website for a job - i personally wouldn't qualify it for reference. too much searching.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
Ive never seen so much fuss over a website makeover.

let them test the waters first, they will make changes settle down.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com

My experience tells me different.

Their mobile app was very good and very well laid out up until about a year and a half ago they completely changed it to something pretty terrible. It's still the same terrible it was a year and a half ago, despite very obvious feedback telling them otherwise:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.tsn.mobile.android

Should TSN/Bell be happy with this? Because it seems they are. So I have little hope for this new TSN website. Sometimes the mighty fall and they wonder why....

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Anyone still remember this one? 1996 ...good times!

tsnThen.jpg

There's a flashback. I remember it used to take forver to load on dial up. :laugh:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

That's what I thought about sportsnet. Used to be one of my go-to's. Now the only time I visit it is to check their tv schedule.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I dont care about the design changes but losing content is huge

no more hour long podcasts available, not on itunes either - this is pretty much the only thing i used TSN for as I cant always listen at the time of airing

the loss of this is baffling

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I dont care about the design changes but losing content is huge

no more hour long podcasts available, not on itunes either - this is pretty much the only thing i used TSN for as I cant always listen at the time of airing

the loss of this is baffling

Me too...love the podcasts. And some are still there but not working properly...

You can find them on twitter though at tsn1050 radio.

I'm listening to leafs lunch right now.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Me too...love the podcasts. And some are still there but not working properly...

You can find them on twitter though at tsn1050 radio.

I'm listening to leafs lunch right now.

dude you have no idea how happy you made me

thanks!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
No, I don't like the look of the TSN site. However, after some time getting use to it, I think it'll be OK. Just OK.

The Switch Now Samsung pop-up ads on HFBoards has annoyed me so much I'm thinking of getting rid of my Samsung phones! Samsung has annoyed me to the point of wanting to smash my existing Samsung phone!!

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
No, I don't like the look of the TSN site. However, after some time getting use to it, I think it'll be OK. Just OK.

The Switch Now Samsung pop-up ads on HFBoards has annoyed me so much I'm thinking of getting rid of my Samsung phones! Samsung has annoyed me to the point of wanting to smash my existing Samsung phone!!

Get an app that blocks ads and popups.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
People's opinion of any website is never higher than immediately after it gets updated.

Tyler Biggs*

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I do not like it at all please go back to the old format it was the reason I used TSN over Sportsnet.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I like being able to see a lot of information at a quick glance. Some people call that busy, but this blog style page means you have to do a lot of scrolling to see multiple stories. ESPN's site is far better IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad