TSN: Bob McKenzie Top 30 Thread

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
I must say the write-ups about the prospects on the website are disappointing. They're all overflowing with positives and don't contain negatives. If you went by just the write-ups, there's not a single can't miss prospect in the top 30.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
I must say the write-ups about the prospects on the website are disappointing. They're all overflowing with positives and don't contain negatives. If you went by just the write-ups, there's not a single can't miss prospect in the top 30.

Its interesting too because the midterm ones seemed extremely negative.

Romanich7

Sep 23, 2007
Someone is going to get the best player in this draft at 12. Grigs is by far the most talented forward of this draft.

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland

Grigorenko 12th pick -

Posesses amazing talent level that rivals the 1st pick Yakupov but with an amazing 2 way play, but is a lazy russian who bothers to play every 5th game so he will drop to 12th..

Maybe its better to have only positives..

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL

Agreed. That, and they were written by Craig Button whose rankings are all over the place.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Wasnt the last surefire top prospect to suddenly fall out of favor Cam Fowler?

Except Fowler was ranked 5th on Bob Mckenzie's list in 2010, but dropped because teams passed up on him. Grigorenko is 12th, but very well may be picked a lot earlier. Different scenarios.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
That they get caught up in the what have you done for me lately just as much as the average person on HF.

See Teravainen, Reinhart, Maatta, and Grigorenko.

There's been concerns about Grigorenko's consistency, compete level etc all year.

I'll be interested to see the Honorable Mentions if they are released. Right now, they've only got the top 60 up.

What do you think about Wilson being the 1st Ontario born on his list? I know you have him 3rd.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
6 dmen in the top 10....

Im glad scouts dont think Thrower and Pelech are top 30....

Hope the Isles have them both as possiblities...

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Interesting about how Girgorenko's rank came together:

Scouting Rankings
NHL Central Scouting: 3 NAS, International Scouting Services: No. 4, The Hockey News: No. 3, Button's Ranking: No. 20

So if Button's Ranking weren't that low, Grigorenko would have been a Top 5 ranked player. Did Grigorenko pop Button's daugther's cherry or why the discrepancy here?

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Interesting about how Girgorenko's rank came together:

So if Button's Ranking weren't that low, Grigorenko would have been a Top 5 ranked player. Did Grigorenko pop Button's daugther's cherry or why the discrepancy here?

Button's hated grig since day one, he thinks his potential is a poor mans Bozak at best.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
not suprised with reinhart at 4. rumours out there saying edmonton wanna take him at 1. would be crazy in my opinion. but who knows.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
not suprised with reinhart at 4. rumours out there saying edmonton wanna take him at 1. would be crazy in my opinion. but who knows.

Would anyone be surprised if NYI took him at 4? Would it be crazy? Does this ranking make that less crazy? Is that crazy?

Cheers,

Dan-o

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
Without regards to the teams picking, this is understandable. But if Grigorenko falls to Washington, there's no way they don't draft him.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I think the only reason Edmonton interviewed Reinhart was in case they traded picks with Toronto. Reinhart would then be available at #5 while Murray wouldn't.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
It's pathetic how that goof's ranking dragged him down that far.

That's not how it works. They don't just take the average. Bob talks to 10 scouts and basis the rankings off their rankings.

If anything, we should be giving Button credit for calling Grigorenko's fall well before anyone else. He's been saying all season that he didn't think Grigorenko should be in the mix for the top 10(nevermind #1 like he was a few months ago).

Also, Button was probably the only guy to call the top 8 last season. Everyone mocked and bashed him when he had Landeskog going 2nd, Larsson 4th, Scheifele 7th and Couturier 8th.

He's extremely annoying and I hate listening to him...but he doesn't deserve any hate right now.

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
That's not how it works. They don't just take the average. Bob talks to 10 scouts and basis the rankings off their rankings.

If anything, we should be giving Button credit for calling Grigorenko's fall well before anyone else. He's been saying all season that he didn't think Grigorenko should be in the mix for the top 10(nevermind #1 like he was a few months ago).

Also, Button was probably the only guy to call the top 8 last season. Everyone mocked and bashed him when he had Landeskog going 2nd, Larsson 4th, Scheifele 7th and Couturier 8th.

He's extremely annoying and I hate listening to him...but he doesn't deserve any hate right now.

I remember the threads where people was asking what he was smoking when he didnt have Grigo in top 2.. And what have we now !! Possibly out of top 10..

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Would anyone be surprised if NYI took him at 4? Would it be crazy? Does this ranking make that less crazy? Is that crazy?

Cheers,

Dan-o

Reinhart is a guy that I think might have a bit of a slow start to his career(based on the expectations that would come with going 4th overall) but then when he's about 24 years old everything will start to click for him and he may be pretty dominant. Kinda like Weber. He was a very good player and then in 2008-09 he turned into an absolute beast. With his skill set and size(already 6'4/210lbs at 18 years old) he could be very scary if he puts it all together.

For the record...I'm not saying he's the next Weber.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Button's ranking has nothing to do with where he fell on McKenzie's list.

Unless Button was one of 10 scouts Mac based his ratings on

As I said above I would be surprised if every scout had Grigs all over the place(ie one scout ranks him 3rd, the next 20th, the next 7th, the next 14th, etc)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad