TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Jack Todd on a twitter rant that Tavares is an egomaniac for setting up his meetings as he has. Fact is in a commercial setting, with a limited time window and bidders with lots of money, what he is doing is perfectly normal and sensible. Flying around to a bunch of cities would be dumb. It’s no different than a big company entertaining bids from law firms/ad agencies/accountants etc.

Todd, shockingly, just looks bitter and out of touch. He still loves him some Grant McCagg though.

If McGuire wasn’t respected by anyone he wouldn’t be a HHOF voter. I’m sure his schtick wears on people, but he is well connected.
I'm shocked that Jack Todd is channeling his sensitive feelings rather than his common sense. I'm equally shocked that today is Tuesday.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He also blocks people really quickly on Twitter, I think this is what got me blocked:

Good post by you. Typically hypersensitive post by Jack.

The irony is that Jack built his entire career on the Trump model of ranting, blaming, and whining about anyone he perceives dislikes him. And here he is, picking a fight with the spectral presence of a fan base because his itty bitty feelings are wounded. Typically, he neither responds to a concrete point nor makes one himself. Jack Todd can write, but he has never been a journalist.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm surprised that Todd is back on Twitter at all. A few years ago Keith Olbermann trashed him on his ESPN show as "The Worst Person in the Sports World" one night, and I don't even remember what it was about, and Todd was so embarrassed that he deleted his account the next day (although not before tweeting about how hard done by he was)

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Oh dear god...Michel Villeneuve at his best !

Transaction avortée : Pacioretty et Weber en retour de Doughty et un inconnu

Translation: Villeneuve's number one informant contacted him last weekend to tell him this: "Pacioretty was leaving for Los Angeles with Shea Weber in return for Drew Doughty and another undisclosed player. He mentions it under all reservations since he has not two sources that could confirm this titanic rumor."

That guy is such a freakin' tool.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
The Canadiens can't get a sniff of Tavares. It was a fever dream. It is an accurate reflection of the regard the Canadiens are held in right now, and that's not a good look. (not exact, but pretty close)
And Geoff Molson continues with Bergevin.Does Bergevin have something on Geoff or what?How long is he going to put up with the team he owns being the laughing stock of the NHL?

Reactions: Runner77

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Oh dear god...Michel Villeneuve at his best !

Transaction avortée : Pacioretty et Weber en retour de Doughty et un inconnu

Translation: Villeneuve's number one informant contacted him last weekend to tell him this: "Pacioretty was leaving for Los Angeles with Shea Weber in return for Drew Doughty and another undisclosed player. He mentions it under all reservations since he has not two sources that could confirm this titanic rumor."

That guy is such a freakin' tool.

Yea but he's an entertaining tool! It's a shame he retired.

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
And Geoff Molson continues with Bergevin.Does Bergevin have something on Geoff or what?How long is he going to put up with the team he owns being the laughing stock of the NHL?

THEE laughing stock of the entire league???

How do you figure?
Where’s this proof that it’s THEE laughing stock.....I need to see this factual information. I mean, I don’t even know how you measure that lol

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
THEE laughing stock of the entire league???

How do you figure?
Where’s this proof that it’s THEE laughing stock.....I need to see this factual information. I mean, I don’t even know how you measure that lol

Aren't you ready to throw in the towel on Bergevin? I mean it's quite obvious he's not getting a top C now that Tavares won't speak to us and Stastny nor ROR fit the bill.

Reactions: Redux91

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Aren't you ready to throw in the towel on Bergevin? I mean it's quite obvious he's not getting a top C now that Tavares won't speak to us and Stastny nor ROR fit the bill.
He drafted the centre, Kotka, now he needs to trade for one, a young talented centre, it’s the only way he gets a pass from me!!

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Mccagg was on 690 yesterday, said Berg not going anywhere soon. Just had a good draft.

I saw that he was contibuting a radio segment....

AVOIDED IT COMPLETELY. NO thank you.... I've seen enough to know that whatever is said is going to be "MARC #1!!!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad