True Believers Roll Call

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It's been incredibly gratifying to see this run. Always thought it was possible.

What I was wrong about what was not adding a piece. I was really adamant about wanting to add Zucc and clearly the right move was to do nothing.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
It's been incredibly gratifying to see this run. Always thought it was possible.

What I was wrong about what was not adding a piece. I was really adamant about wanting to add Zucc and clearly the right move was to do nothing.
I don't know how you can say that not adding Zucc was the right decision. Blues may already have clinched a spot in the Finals with a lot more rest along the way had they instead of Dallas acquired him. I was wanting more fire-power with Stone...who knows what that scenario would have looked like? Unless the Blues go on to win the Cup, the second-guessing will rightfully exist. Hell, even if they win the Cup, that's as good of a nit to pick as any for some folks.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I don't know how you can say that not adding Zucc was the right decision. Blues may already have clinched a spot in the Finals with a lot more rest along the way had they instead of Dallas acquired him. I was wanting more fire-power with Stone...who knows what that scenario would have looked like? Unless the Blues go on to win the Cup, the second-guessing will rightfully exist. Hell, even if they win the Cup, that's as good of a nit to pick as any for some folks.

We may also have ruined our chemistry had we brought him in and not won one of the crucial games we needed to get this far. What if he was out instead of Thomas in game 7 and thus Thomas doesn't score in OT causing us to lose that game? It is absolutely ridiculous to say not getting someone is a mistake if we win the cup. IF he has a positive effect it doesn't matter because the ultimate result is the same. If he has neutral effect on the team, then we paid a first round pick+ for no net benefit. And there exists the possibility that he could actually hurt the team bu pushing guys down the lineup or disrupting line chemistry or taking away the feeling in the locker room that Armstrong trusts this group to get it done. Butterfly effect and all that, we have no clue what would have happened. But we do know there is no better result than winning the cup without spending assets at the TDL to do so.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
creeperfingereyebrows.gif

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I hope this thread makes the cut for the HF Blues HOF. I remember making the first post and expecting to be ridiculed (which I was, but managed to deflect it to mostly other threads). This season has been a most immersive and enjoyable ride.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad