OT: Trucker protest in Ottawa - NO POLITICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I wouldn’t say that. It’s just what the media has chosen to focus on.

It’s socially acceptable to vilify a 35 year old, White oil worker from Alberta for not getting vaccinated and being against government mandates. It’s not as socially acceptable to focus on the 57 year old immigrant from Venezuela who shares that skepticism.

I think people would be shocked how many people within working class, minority communities support this protest.

I work in a union weld shop, in a local of about 350 people. I'm well aware of the opinions of the working class. And listening to them parrot Joe Rogan and company on a daily basis, amongst other opinions... Well, the best way anymore to look at this is that anti-vax need to be treated like preschoolers throwing a tantrum.

You stay firm, offer them a couple choices within bounds, and be willing to accept them with open arms when they become rational again.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So you are advocating for violence and confrontation. cool mod we got here.

what a shit show this board has become, and a lot of it is because of the quality of moderation we get here.
To be fair he wasn’t advocating for it. I was “advoacting” for it.But I mean if you’re waving a confederate flag 8pm the midst of millions of proud trucker Canadian patriots I thought they would have throw him out.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I wouldn’t say that. It’s just what the media has chosen to focus on.

It’s socially acceptable to vilify a 35 year old, White oil worker from Alberta for not getting vaccinated and being against government mandates. It’s not as socially acceptable to focus on the 57 year old immigrant from Venezuela who shares that skepticism.

I think people would be shocked how many people within working class, minority communities support this protest.
Yeah, I don't want to get too much into this conversation and I am fully vaxxed, wish everyone was too, all that stuff, and there are certainly awful people who are involved in this. But my girlfriend works exclusively in indigenous communities and an overwhelming proportion of her communities are wildly supportive of this protest. Reading instagram info graphs from a bunch of people who work at their dads company that anyone not condemning this is supporting white supremacy is pretty nauseating.

I'm really not following closely, but if white supremacist ideals are being advanced, they should absolutely be rebuked. But simply sharing one interest with a white nationalist does not make you a bad person or a supporter of white nationalism etc, and I personally can't identify an ideological connection between anti-vax & white supremacy.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
They’re fighting against a “booster every 3 weeks” according to count. So they’ve accomplished so much as my booster for 3 weeks from now was cancelled and the one 3 weeks after wa cancelled too wow

No context, no perspective… way to spin…. Not what I said, in my post that you cropped.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Yeah, I don't want to get too much into this conversation and I am fully vaxxed, wish everyone was too, all that stuff, and there are certainly awful people who are involved in this. But my girlfriend works exclusively in indigenous communities and an overwhelming amount of her communities are supportive of this protest. Hearing from a bunch of people who work at their dads company that anyone not condemning this is supporting white supremacy is pretty nauseating.

I'm really not following closely, but if white supremacist ideals are being advanced, they should absolutely be rebuked. But simply sharing one interest with a white nationalist does not make you a bad person or a supporter of white nationalism etc.

My brother works at a distribution Center in Mississauga. His colleagues are primarily Black and Southeast Asian.

He says far more people who work with him support the protest than oppose.

People want to make this a racist vs anti-racist thing. It’s much more complicated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fandlauer

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Pretty stupid to drive all the way to Ottawa when it’s -28c and be in downtown Ottawa when parliament isn’t sitting to protest an empty building when the Prime Minister isn’t even in the province - but A for effort, F for planning

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
272889293_10158118399051557_5329563384640467397_n.jpg

The science has shown that the vaccine does not prevent you from catching the virus, or from spreading it… so no difference between a person who is vaxxed, or someone who is not vaxxed, in that regard…. Yes, an unvaxxed person will experience a much more severe reaction if they catch the virus… but anyone who is vaxxed, should not fear someone who it not… the science clearly show that.

as for the an unvaxxed trucker, who picks up his load, contactless…. Remains contactless while transporting and delivering his load, taking every precaution to protect him self….. how is he a thread to spread the virus?…..the government has not shown one single shred of evidence that a single person has caught the virus from an unvaxxed trucker.

Tucker Carlson Interviews Canadian Freedom Convoy Spokesperson Benjamin Dichter

This Benjamin Dichter?
Dichter, is a former Conservative candidate who later became involved in the People's Party of Canada. At one PPC convention, he reportedly expressed concerns about how "political Islam" had infiltrated the Liberal and Conservative parties, according to the Hamilton Spectator. "Despite what our corporate media and political leaders want to admit, Islamist entryism and the adaptation of political Islam is rotting away at our society like syphilis," Dichter claimed.

Sounds like a model rally organizer. Especially compared to the others.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This Benjamin Dichter?
Dichter, is a former Conservative candidate who later became involved in the People's Party of Canada. At one PPC convention, he reportedly expressed concerns about how "political Islam" had infiltrated the Liberal and Conservative parties, according to the Hamilton Spectator. "Despite what our corporate media and political leaders want to admit, Islamist entryism and the adaptation of political Islam is rotting away at our society like syphilis," Dichter claimed.

You want to see no bias? Listen to this Tucker Carlson segment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad