OT: Trucker protest in Ottawa - NO POLITICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
Anyone plan on taking part in the freedom rally?

I will be there in spirit 10000km away. It should have never been allowed to go this far or get this bad. This is Canada's chance to get things right. The whole world is watching... it starts in Ottawa.
Fair-weather people like my sister in Orleans can only make up their mind when they know which side has more support and is likely to be the victor... and she hasn't picked a side yet.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I will be there in spirit 10000km away. It should have never been allowed to go this far or get this bad. This is Canada's chance to get things right. The whole world is watching... it starts in Ottawa.
Fair-weather people like my sister in Orleans can only make up their mind when they know which side has more support and is likely to be the victor... and she hasn't picked a side yet.
I don’t think it started in Ottawa

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Freedom rally freedom convoy trucker convoy. They need to settle on a name before it inevitably gets taken over by confederates, supremacists and Neo Nazis and they get all the publicity and they give it a name.

Someone has been watching/listening to the state sponsored media towing the governments, line. perhaps listening to the organizers, would give a more complete picture.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Yeah....I hope the government takes her to the cleaners. Stupid, dangerous, and hurting the environment. What kind of horrible person thinks that stunt was a good idea?

Probably people who don't mind expensive thrills.

I would be terrified of even doing $100 damage to my car...

But I'm also terrified of bungee jumping and skydiving. Wouldn't wanna pay the money it costs and I'd shit my pants.

But people drive recklessly for fun all the time. Just not usually on a frozen river.

To be honest, this is safer than street racing, and street racing is done by thousands every single day in just this city.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Or. I can go about my day. Not hear or see a single truck, and my life tomorrow will be just as good as my life today

Sure, you can choose to not be fully informed on this, or any other topic, as long as you believe what the governments’ spin on something is the absolute truth, without entertaining that there could be more than one side to a story…. Too much effort to either confirm or question what the government is telling you…. Politicians never lie, or even stretch the facts to hide anything, right?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Sure, you can choose to not be fully informed on this, or any other topic, as long as you believe what the governments’ spin on something is the absolute truth, without entertaining that there could be more than one side to a story…. Too much effort to either confirm or question what the government is telling you…. Politicians never lie, or even stretch the facts to hide anything, right?

A part of the problem is even among people who do research, 90% of them dont know how to do proper research. They just pull quotes and headlines and articles that support what they say.

What they need to do is actually point to the scientific papers. The peer reviewed studies. Scientific journals.

Not CBC articles or a video from CTV. Not even some doctors quote as they could have an agenda or not have done proper study in the very specific field.

Only a proper scientific study removes bias.

Yet how often are people linking peer reviewed experiments instead of random news articles?

Reactions: Deku

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What’s the organizer saying. End to mandates lol. I understand not everyone in there is waving a confederate flag. But they will hitch onto this convoy as they already have. I hope the decent people expel these degenerates from the convo. But I have a feeling they won’t

I legit have not listened to any CBC coverage of this or any news coverage.

from what I’ve heard they don’t like mandates. And hate Trudeau. Okay. Honk your horn. It is your right to protest. Also my right to make fun of you.

but don’t pretend you’re heroes or brave or going up against f***ing Nazi Germany.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
A part of the problem is even among people who do research, 90% of them dont know how to do proper research. They just pull quotes and headlines and articles that support what they say.

What they need to do is actually point to the scientific papers. The peer reviewed studies. Scientific journals.

Not CBC articles or a video from CTV. Not even some doctors quote as they could have an agenda or not have done proper study in the very specific field.

Only a proper scientific study removes bias.

Yet how often are people linking peer reviewed experiments instead of random news articles?
It’s crazy. Like im not smart enough to get myself into a. A position where im doing actually research on covid and medical care and pharmaceuticals and making decisions on these things. Not smart enough and too lazy. But now all of a sudden I think im smart enough to reject the studies?? It’s silly.
Even some friends it’s like…yo we went to school together. You’re an absolute moron. If you wanted to be so involved in this stuff why didn’t you pick up a f***ing science textbook and study

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
They parked right near the tomb of the unknown soldier. I thought they were patriots?

edit: actually these people think they’re the same type of hero so. Makes sense why they would do this.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

This confederate waving patriots seems to be walking in peace among his brethren. The organizers seem to be doing…zero about it. Maybe because they….agree.

Reactions: Deku

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

This guy RAN. These guys honk their horn three times and think theyre going to get a Medal of Honor

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Moved this to it’s own thread. Keep the political opinions out.

This is more of a thread about what’s happening now… and how shit may get wilder later. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad