Salary Cap: trouble in cap land?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
sorry, not following, you'll have to educate me on what you mean. We have Bergeron under contract for 3 more years until he's 36; not following the connection to DK46

I took it it to mean that we ship out Krejci without a second line center to take his place (and a great second line center at that) the Bruins get nowhere near the finals again.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
The low salary cap may be bad for us, but it's worse for the Leafs, so there's that positive.

The team who has it the worst is Vegas. They are 2 million over the cap according to CapFriendly and need to free up space fast. For all the credit McPhee gets for building Vegas into an instant contender, he also put that team into cap hell quick.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
I took it it to mean that we ship out Krejci without a second line center to take his place (and a great second line center at that) the Bruins get nowhere near the finals again.
ok; i think i arrived at that too, just before your post. I guess I'm not optimistic about a Finals repeat in the next 3 years with DK, but may be if we are to perhaps get a less expensive center, or use Frederic or someone else from within and also have money to acquire the legit 2nd line winger we need.

Reactions: Dr Hook

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
its been what ive been talking about for 2 years

If two years makes you right, then what does it make a "clever donkey" like me (Jesus, I hate name calling on this board) who has been talking cap limit on second contracts SINCE THE LAST CBA WAS SIGNED?

Because what I decipher from what you are saying is you want a cap limit on second contracts.

So fill in the blank:

If you're right for saying it for the last two years,

Then Dom is _______________ for saying it in 2013?

(Go check my posts from 2013. It's all there)

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If two years makes you right, then what does it make a "clever donkey" like me (Jesus, I hate name calling on this board) who has been talking cap limit on second contracts SINCE THE LAST CBA WAS SIGNED?

Because what I decipher from what you are saying is you want a cap limit on second contracts.

So fill in the blank:

did I ever say you are wrong about this?

im only going back 2 years because I dont want to go necro through too many threads. but dom, I never said you were not on board with me. you often want to tell me im wrong but we actually usually agree. im not sure why you say we disagree when you come here now and say you actually do agree. why would I say we disagree when we dont?

I dont get why you keep wanting to tell me you disagree with me when you very rarely do

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Why wouldn’t we want a 5-year deal for McAvoy and a 4-year deal for Carlo to keep them both RFA for their next contracts?

I am assuming:
McAvoy - 5 x 7M
Carlo - 4 x 4.5M

I would move Heinen.

Must move Backes and Miller to do much with getting a top 6 forward and filling out the roster. Otherwise it is rookies galore (not that that’s terrible) and an expensive Press Box (caviar and champagne only).

Reactions: bbfan419

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Why wouldn’t we want a 5-year deal for McAvoy and a 4-year deal for Carlo to keep them both RFA for their next contracts?

I am assuming:
McAvoy - 5 x 7M
Carlo - 4 x 4.5M

I would move Heinen.

Must move Backes and Miller to do much with getting a top 6 forward and filling out the roster. Otherwise it is rookies galore (not that that’s terrible) and an expensive Press Box (caviar and champagne only).

your contracts seem fair to me in term and money... but obviously them and their agents get to bargain whats best for them too.

assuming the players enjoy boston and want to stay I think your offers will get it done.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT

So fill in the blank:

Wow this seems rather AOF of you Dom haha

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
so as Toronto signs 2 more guys for around 600k more than we thought... it brings more into focus this train wreck that I was explaining a couple years ago... 'this good problem to have' I was told I was clueless about.

lets look again... Toronto now has committed 74.5 million to 18 warm bodies. they have not made 1 single improvement to the team that failed last year.

their top rightwing and their number 2 and 3 dmen are not resigned yet. also they have given away their first round pick for next year and they are still in this horrible situation.

people say that Nathan Horton can be put on ltir... but remember how that works. a team MUST BE CAP COMPLIANT BEFORE A GUY CAN GO ON LTIR... so signing marner before the season starts isnt really an option without clearing more cap space. Toronto doesnt have a lot of waiver exempt contracts they can park in the ahl to maximize ltir benefits.

now Toronto fans are saying we can give away Zaitsev... brown can be given away... we can get cap space...

okay listen... hear... understand...

Toronto is talking about losing gardiner, hainsey, Zaitsev, brown, marleau and a first round pick... and getting NOTHING BACK!!!!

remember when people were mocking me that they could make trades... and having too many good players was a 'good problem to have'

guess what...

Toronto doesnt need to worry about that good problem anymore... they didnt win a single playoff series and now they are tearing their team apart. they are also giving away their future by moving picks. its crazy, but this team has already peaked and is in decline.

thats what happens when you pay rfa the same as ufa. this is why you CANT BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT ANYMORE!

Winnipeg has moved trouba for pennies... and now theres talk ehlers is headed out the door... they cant afford to keep myers…

I predict within a year or two we will see the same thing happening in buffalo and Colorado

in the old days teams like Chicago, LA, and our Bruins won a cup before we had to loose this many key players to the cap... that isnt how it is anymore. the change was how much 21 year old kids are being paid.

ufa always got paid... and teams know how to budget for it. rosters were adjusted but it was all part of the plan. now these rfa are being paid crazy and no one knows what will happen next

or... maybe I do cause I explained this problem a couple years ago

cba renegotiation is right around the corner... and this is the summer that a lot of battle lines are being discovered by the powers to be. I hate it. I didnt want to be right. sadly, there was nothing anyone could have done. its like when the asteroid is headed towards the earth. knowing its coming, doesnt really help

anyhow... I share because a lot of people were telling me how out to lunch I was. I dont mind keeping score who was right and who was wrong, but its always better to do it after. so... in a couple months I will be happy to let you all use the facts to show me how clueless I really was.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
What precisely was the "good problem to have" again?

Pretty sure no one claimed it was the high RFA contracts. No one was stating it was better for sustained roster building that RFAs were getting more money.

Yet you continue to beat your chest about an argument you were having with nobody but yourself and your imagination.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I share because a lot of people were telling me how out to lunch I was. I dont mind keeping score who was right and who was wrong, but its always better to do it after. so... in a couple months I will be happy to let you all use the facts to show me how clueless I really was.

I think you actually " share " because you are determined to try and prove just how much smarter you are than everyone else here. Anyway - in my humble opinion you are now officially the Barry Horowitz of the Bruins section. :laugh:

tumblr_oooysnuay01t0ik4co1_500.gif
BossyUnnaturalDungenesscrab-size_restricted.gif

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Pretty sure no one claimed it was the high RFA contracts. No one was stating it was better for sustained roster building that RFAs were getting more money.

Yet you continue to beat your chest about an argument you were having with nobody but yourself and your imagination.
straw man

noun
Definition of straw man
1: a weak or imaginary opposition (such as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted
2: this thread

Reactions: Chief Nine

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I think you actually " share " because you are determined to try and prove just how much smarter you are than everyone else here. Anyway - in my humble opinion you are now officially the Barry Horowitz of the Bruins section. :laugh:

i loved Barry Horriblewitz back in the day, but i never noticed that he has the wrong hand on his vest, although i suppose it was appropriate for his gimmick

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Youve told me this at least 10 times... obviously you werent the one im talking about. Obviously you didnt see the origional argument. Those people are understandably quiet now

But the problem hasnt gone away just because they stopped talking

So now... you are talking and the true problem is here... or is your position that there is no problem? You keep telling me i dont have a point. My point is the same i said for 2 years

I use the good problem to have because thats what they told me. You didnt read it... ok... you cant read everything... ok

I use the smartest kid in the class because they called it to me... you didnt see? Ok... i dont expect you to read everything

Instead of you telling me the sky is not blue and snow isnt cold... why not put your cards on the table?

Are you saying there is no problem with rfa contracts? Are you saying that there is no cba problem coming? Are you telling me vets are happy with escrow and losing money to these kids? Are you telling me Toronto fans will be fine their team promising everything is ok before matthews contract and now losing all their depth for nothing?

Is that your argument? Because if not then you and i agree. Is agreeing with me so distasteful your rather just avoid having a point and tell me im clueless?

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Youve told me this at least 10 times... obviously you werent the one im talking about. Obviously you didnt see the origional argument. Those people are understandably quiet now

So now... you are talking and the true problem is here... or is your position that there is no problem? You keep telling me i dont have a point. My point is the same i said for 2 years

I use the good problem to have because thats what they told me. You didnt read it... ok... you cant read everything... ok

I use the smartest kid in the class because they called it to me... you didnt see? Ok... i dont expect you to read everything

Instead of you telling me the sky is not blue and snow isnt cold... why not put your cards on the table?

Are you saying there is no problem with rfa contracts? Are you saying that there is no cba problem coming? Are you telling me vets are happy with escrow and losing money to these kids? Are you telling me Toronto fans will be fine their team promising everything is ok before matthews contract and now losing all their depth for nothing?

Is that your argument? Because if not then you and i agree. Is agreeing with me so distasteful your rather just avoid having a point and tell me im clueless?
drivel

verb
driv·el | \ ˈdri-vəl \
driveled or drivelled; drivelingor drivelling\ ˈdri-v(ə-)liŋ \
Definition of drivel

(Entry 1 of 2)
intransitive verb
1: to let saliva dribble from the mouth : SLAVER
2: to talk stupidly and carelessly What is he driveling about now?
3: this post

Reactions: neelynugs

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
drivel

verb
driv·el | \ ˈdri-vəl \
driveled or drivelled; drivelingor drivelling\ ˈdri-v(ə-)liŋ \
Definition of drivel

(Entry 1 of 2)
intransitive verb
1: to let saliva dribble from the mouth : SLAVER
2: to talk stupidly and carelessly What is he driveling about now?
3: this post

A solid d- for effort

Keep quoting other peoples work donnie its a huge improvement over your own origional thoughts

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

when I start so many posts with how im wrong more than 50% of the time... I do a rather poor job for you I guess? but if you want to believe I will try to do better in the future. I know this little agenda of yours is near and dear your heart and I hate letting my fans down

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
when I start so many posts with how im wrong more than 50% of the time... I do a rather poor job for you I guess? but if you want to believe I will try to do better in the future. I know this little agenda of yours is near and dear your heart and I hate letting my fans down

OK - I'll bite. What " little agenda ' do I have with you ???? The only thing about you that I ever complained about was that in 99% of your trade proposals you tried way too hard to make sure the trade didn't favour the Bruins. This was even more apparent on the Main Board Trade page because you didn't want to appear to be a Bruins homer. But carry on - a lot of us here are really enjoying this implosion you seem to be having.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

You didn't answer my question.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

You start your posts with how you're wrong more than 50% of the time and then continue by explaining that you still know better than everyone here and all the members of the media

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
ok; i think i arrived at that too, just before your post. I guess I'm not optimistic about a Finals repeat in the next 3 years with DK, but may be if we are to perhaps get a less expensive center, or use Frederic or someone else from within and also have money to acquire the legit 2nd line winger we need.
That just seems like robbing Peter to pay Paul though. Obviously depends on the 2C coming in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad