Player Discussion: Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Garbage trade for the Jets.
Trouba was a good player and we got nothing for him.

Chevy needs to be fired for making these New York trades alone.

Lets see how he f***s up the Laine and Connor contracts now.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I expected something like rental value - plus just a little for the chance at signing him. Not up to full value by any means. Unfortunately, I think we got a little less than full rental value. We needed better than Pionk added to the first. We needed a conditional (something, anything) if he signs with them. Even if we had had to add to improve the return, that would have been better.

I don't see any potential for further moves this summer to drag it up to break even, much less a good summer. If there are any further trades, I can't see them going well. All the buzz is that Ehlers is the likely price. I can almost guarantee that return value will be as bad as this one. You don't get good returns selling players after 'off' seasons.

I’m trying to keep faith, trying to be not negative bc that doesn’t change anything other then makes me grumpy......I’m just going to wait to see all the changes we’ve made and compare them to the changes other cap teams were forced to make......then I’ll judge. Far too early things at this point.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Guaranteed Trouba gave Chevy a tiny list of teams to work with neutering his value.

Trouba counted down the days to get out of here, and everyone knows it.
He's the second biggest *****e in jets 2.0 since Kane.

Except Chevy, apparently. If he wanted max return for Trouba, the trade had to be done when Trouba still had term. Or maybe he thought he could convince Trouba to stay (see: Evander Kane).

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I’m trying to keep faith, trying to be not negative bc that doesn’t change anything other then makes me grumpy......I’m just going to wait to see all the changes we’ve made and compare them to the changes other cap teams were forced to make......then I’ll judge. Far too early things at this point.

I appreciate that. I'm trying to maintain an even keel also. But I can't do that by hoping for some fantasy moves in the rest of the off-season. My best hope is that Chevy does as little as possible rather than any more harm.

I may need prescription medication if the rumours about Ehlers play out.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I appreciate that. I'm trying to maintain an even keel also. But I can't do that by hoping for some fantasy moves in the rest of the off-season. My best hope is that Chevy does as little as possible rather than any more harm.

I may need prescription medication if the rumours about Ehlers play out.

Haha, I’m worried about a possible Myers deal......ugh. Sooner go after Gardiner.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
On the plus side I now have a reason to watch the draft and have some beer this Friday:). Going to have to do some research as I have no idea who would be good value at pick 20.

I can see them going for Alex Vlasic. BIG, low scoring, USHL. He fits the mold (in both senses of the word). :laugh:

Edit: Oops, this should be in the draft discussion. Too many threads in the air, lot of moving posts. Again, certainly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Board Bard

Packofwolves

Nov 5, 2017
Trouba doesnt have a NTC. Chevy could've traded him anywhere and he'd just have to deal with it. It's not like the trade came with an extension anyway
If true that Trouba wanted to go to 2 teams only
Why would the other 29 teams put themselves into the Jets shoes of Trouba wanting out

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Trouba doesnt have a NTC. Chevy could've traded him anywhere and he'd just have to deal with it. It's not like the trade came with an extension anyway

no he doesn't have a ntc, but he does have the ability to say to any prospective trade partner that he isn't interested in staying there any longer than he has to. Which is going to lower his value...

Reactions: DuckyChuck

Arctichero

Oct 10, 2017
Karma would be if Trouba signed long term where he wants and then a year or two down the road he gets traded to the opposite end of the country.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Karma would be if Trouba signed long term where he wants and then a year or two down the road he gets traded to the opposite end of the country.

Or, as someone posted eariler, his new team moves to Quebec. Personally I wouldn't wish that on Trouba, but it would be good to have a team in Quebec.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
That was within the rules too. If he had been given the trade he asked for at that time, there would have been no holdout.

If Laine and Connor make a big stink by publicly demanding a trade, I think most people would have a big issue with this approach.

Sure, there isn’t a rule to prevent agents/players from doing this, but I hope you can appreciate why fans would be mad about it. It would essentially make small market teams farm clubs if players can bully their way out.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Laine and Connor make a big stink by publicly demanding a trade, I think most people would have a big issue with this approach.

Sure, there isn’t a rule to prevent agents/players from doing this, but I hope you can appreciate why fans would be mad about it. It would essentially make small market teams farm clubs if players can bully their way out.

If Trouba had been traded earlier, when there was still enough years of team control to underwrite his value, it would not be an issue.

I'm far from thrilled with him wanting out. It is a slap in the face at best. But I'm not angry with him for doing it. I think people take it too personally. But angry with him or not, booing just makes the boo'er look small and/or immature. If you want to hurt him, ignore him.

I'm more angry with Chevy for not having handled it better. I said 2 years ago while he was still under his bridge contract, that Chevy should have thrown a big money offer at him, at that time 7 mil was big. If he turns it down you know he is not staying here. Start shopping him then, before you were in a position to be taken advantage of. That was the time to get max value out of him.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Which he had every right to do so. I think everything points towards the fact that he played his cards with an open hand for the entire time this was going on.

Did he though because he made up every excuse in the book to get out and when we caved to his demands he still wanted out. It was never about playing time, or playing side, or PP time or partner. It was about chasing the dollar. And if he wants to prioritize that its 100% his right and its 100% every single fanatic right to boo him for it. You want to chase the mighty dollar? Deal with the consequences. I'm sure he wont lose any sleep over it when he is making 8 mil a season and I wont lose any sleep booing him every single chance I get.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
People are not robots, they are humans last I checked. Humans have emotions and when a player from a pro team in which fans have invested significant time, money and feelings (especially one in a small city like Winnipeg) has made it clear they do not want to be there I think it's fair for people to feel rejected...and for them to vent their feelings of frustration and anger in certain ways. Booing a player is one of those avenues. Spare me the logic crap...you know Trouba will be booed when he returns with New York, as people will not take solace in the fact that Trouba gave the Jets 6 years of service and even that was somewhat reluctant.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Or you can forget the blame game, not take it personal, move on, and not let your emotions get the best of you.

Even if the Dr. Yoko story is true, why should I be okay with some not-a-doctor Keitha deciding that she deserves the bright lights of Broadway just because she's marrying into new money?

f*** both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad