Speculation: Trouba

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Yet carriers a career high of 33, points per game/60 takes you only so far.
At the same time Krug has posted 2 +50 point seasons.

Anyways I'd like him to stay in Winnipeg but last summer really destroyed the odds for me.
If your main criteria for judging defenseman is raw points, then no wonder you have a hard time evaluating what a good defenseman is.:facepalm:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Flyers will probably overpay for him now they have a new GM with a mandate to go wild.
I actually think the Flyers are likely the best fit for a Trouba trade at this point.

Why is Trouba a good fit for the Flyers?

A true top-pairing RD that can log huge minutes, plays a shut-down role against top competition, and still produces consistently on offense. If the Flyers' brass are looking for some physical bite on the team, Trouba is one of the toughest D to play against. He erases offensive chances against from around the net... At age 24, Trouba also fits with the Flyers' older core (Giroux, Voracek, JVR, Couturier), but will still be in his prime as a younger core develops. He's a good "bridge" player in terms of the organization's development.

What would the Jets need? Well, the main thing is to get comparable value, but ideally they would like a young D in return that could be a solid top 3-4 D. Anything additional would depend on the quality of the core piece. If they can't find a top D, then I could see them going for more value but with other positions or assets (i.e. centers, wingers, picks).

Okay, so some ideas....

To Flyers: Trouba
To Jets: Sanheim + 1st

To Jets: Myers + Frost

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
We should just hold of on the Trouba trade talk until next summer. He won't be moved during the season unless the return is astounding and immediately makes the Jets a better team.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Cap will go up by 4 mil they said.

So that is 27.2 mil plus Hortons LTIR of 5.3

That is 32.5 in cap space next year to sign 11 players

11 to Matthews
9 to Marner
3 to kappy

Thats 23 mil and 9.5 Mil left in cap space to sign 8 players to league min or even if they want a dman for 4-6 mil.

Then the following year. Patty M and his 6.5 is off plus the cap going up by another 3-5 mil. They should be fine.

If the cap keeps going up like you suggested then one thing for sure will happen. #lockout

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
Bad GMs make bad trades.

Or do we reverse the roles and bring up the old Larsson/Hall thing?
Come on. Hall was a real trade while Karlsson/McDonagh were open bid. I still assume that if Trouba is traded, it will happen in the summer if your GM don’t have any other options.

If we can’t do comparable, can you describe in generic terms what package of 3 assets you would be looking for?

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
If the cap keeps going up like you suggested then one thing for sure will happen. #lockout

lol really? The cap needs to go.. No league should have a hardcap, it's back for growth and the floor kills the small market teams. How about if they can't spend 65 mil to hit the floor? Input a luxury tax or a Franchise player. reward drafting well.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Come on. Hall was a real trade while Karlsson/McDonagh were open bid. I still assume that if Trouba is traded, it will happen in the summer if your GM don’t have any other options.

If we can’t do comparable, can you describe in generic terms what package of 3 assets you would be looking for?
A replacement and something else.

Sanheim and Frost would probably do.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Don’t think Winnipeg would do this
Not for that pick alone. We need something valuable for the now.

And before you dangle any of those corpses that some refer to as 'Detroit's defensemen', stop. The ones that are of interest are those you least want to give up.

Reactions: Snowman

Highway1

Jan 9, 2017
Not for that pick alone. We need something valuable for the now.

And before you dangle any of those corpses that some refer to as 'Detroit's defensemen', stop. The ones that are of interest are those you least want to give up.
Don’t think there is a deal between us and Detroit that would work.

Reactions: Whileee and Snowman

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yea. Trouba would be a great fit in Detroit if he agreed to stay. Would be well worth a pick around 10. Winnipeg is not moving him during the season if that's what you mean
He's worth way more than a #10 overall pick. He was picked at #8, and has developed into a #1 D.

Besides, the Jets need a top 4 D coming back. I don't see the Wings as a good trading partner. Other teams have better trade chips.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Tampa can use their tax + him wanting to be there to get him to sign 8 years at 7 per.

Then all we'd have to do is send the Jets 1st and Ryan Callahan to Arizona to make it fit.

To Winnipeg
Sergachev

To Tampa
Trouba

To Arizona
Callahan
WPG 2019 1st

That leaves next year tight but doable for Tampa. About 9M to sign a couple bottom 6ers and 4-5-6 D.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Tampa can use their tax + him wanting to be there to get him to sign 8 years at 7 per.

Then all we'd have to do is send the Jets 1st and Ryan Callahan to Arizona to make it fit.

To Winnipeg
Sergachev

To Tampa
Trouba

To Arizona
Callahan
WPG 2019 1st

That leaves next year tight but doable for Tampa. About 9M to sign a couple bottom 6ers and 4-5-6 D.
You forgot another piece that would need to go to the Jets to equalize the value.

Reactions: Snowman

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas

To Winnipeg
Sergachev

To Tampa
Trouba

To Arizona
Callahan
WPG 2019 1st

No chance the Jets are giving up Trouba and a 1st and only ending up with Sergachev. Terrible value assessment there.

Reactions: Heldig

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I actually think the Flyers are likely the best fit for a Trouba trade at this point.

Why is Trouba a good fit for the Flyers?

A true top-pairing RD that can log huge minutes, plays a shut-down role against top competition, and still produces consistently on offense. If the Flyers' brass are looking for some physical bite on the team, Trouba is one of the toughest D to play against. He erases offensive chances against from around the net... At age 24, Trouba also fits with the Flyers' older core (Giroux, Voracek, JVR, Couturier), but will still be in his prime as a younger core develops. He's a good "bridge" player in terms of the organization's development.

What would the Jets need? Well, the main thing is to get comparable value, but ideally they would like a young D in return that could be a solid top 3-4 D. Anything additional would depend on the quality of the core piece. If they can't find a top D, then I could see them going for more value but with other positions or assets (i.e. centers, wingers, picks).

Okay, so some ideas....

To Jets: Sanheim + 1st

To Jets: Myers + Frost

I'm of a different opinion. I think Winnipeg is the sleeper team to come,out of the West and win the cup. I think with Chicago going into rebuild mode , moving Keith to Winnipeg for trouba would give Keith a renewed focus and Winnipeg a proven solid defenseman who brings leadership, 3 Stanley cups experience , plus Keith can eat up,30 minutes a game.

Keith and buff would be reunited. I just think it's a good fit for both teams, Winnipeg won't be able to afford resigning trouba , Keith's cap hit is 5.5 for 4 more years Winnipeg is primed to be competitive so it's not a bad idea for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad