Speculation: Trouba

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
He's worth way more than a #10 overall pick. He was picked at #8, and has developed into a #1 D.

Besides, the Jets need a top 4 D coming back. I don't see the Wings as a good trading partner. Other teams have better trade chips.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago and Winnipeg become trade partners, with trouba moving to Chicago and Keith going to Winnipeg. Keith is invaluable to a team that wants to make a run he still can play his cap hit won't affect Winnipeg long term .

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Why do fans obsess with Trouba and him being traded? Jets certainly need him this year for a Cup run. And even next year, with Myers as a UFA, the Jets will need Trouba. Sure, Trouba's leaving as UFA in summer of 2020, but good teams and contending teams don't worry about that. They are trying win now. Unless a playing of equal playing value is returned to the Jets for a position of need, highly doubtful Trouba will/can be traded.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago and Winnipeg become trade partners, with trouba moving to Chicago and Keith going to Winnipeg. Keith is invaluable to a team that wants to make a run he still can play his cap hit won't affect Winnipeg long term .
So, we downgrade both now and in the future at once?

You're overvaluing Keith. A total no-go for the Jets.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Agreed. It would have to be Keith and one of our highly ranked D prospects.
No. Keith isn't coming here. He has a NMC, he is falling off as he gets older, his cap hit would be a burden as soon as next year. It isn't feasible at all.

Reactions: Snowman

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No. Keith isn't coming here. He has a NMC, he is falling off as he gets older, his cap hit would be a burden as soon as next year. It isn't feasible at all.

I never said he was. Read my post. I simply said if it were to happen this would be the cost for the Hawks.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
You think Trouba is worth more than a top 4 D like Keith and a top rated D prospect?
Yes. Trouba is definitely worth more than an aging top 4D on a long, bad contract and a top rated D prospect. No question.

Reactions: jgimp

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
So, we downgrade both now and in the future at once?

You're overvaluing Keith. A total no-go for the Jets.

Down grade ? Keith isn't a down grade he is definitely first or 2nd pairing d man and any team that wants to make a serious run and if Chicago moves him he brings a lot. Don't discount him or what positive impact he would have, he definitely would make Winnipeg a lot better.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Keith's contract doesn't fly, and as an aging player, his value is severely diminished.

Keith's has 4 years left on his contract he is 33 years old and logs in 28 minutes of ice each night and hasn't slown down.

Keith's value you can't even put a price on it , trouba is a good d man but until he does something that stands out and helps Winnipeg achieve a cup , no comparison.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Keith's has 4 years left on his contract he is 33 years old and logs in 28 minutes of ice each night and hasn't slown down.

Keith's value you can't even put a price on it , trouba is a good d man but until he does something that stands out and helps Winnipeg achieve a cup , no comparison.
Sure you can put a value on Keith and we did. Keith does not get you Trouba.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Sure you can put a value on Keith and we did. Keith does not get you Trouba.

Trouba won't be with Winnipeg that's for sure . Winnipeg can't afford him. So Winnipeg will have to decide either trade him at the trade deadline and get the most value or lose him. But what you and I think his value is doesn't matter, if he gets traded I promise you this Winnipeg will get fleeced just because teams know their situation.

As much as you would like to discount Keith, he is older than trouba sure, but he can still play and he brings Stanley cups experience to a team. That's what makes him more of a impact player than trouba.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Agreed. It would have to be Keith and one of our highly ranked D prospects.

I don't think if Chicago moved Keith to Winnipeg it would take a defensive prospect with him.

You might see maybe a pick but then again trouba would have to be signed and that's what would diminish the value of the deal. In my opinion. I highly doubt Stan would sacrifice a young defensive prospect just to move Keith, Keith still holds value.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Down grade ? Keith isn't a down grade he is definitely first or 2nd pairing d man and any team that wants to make a serious run and if Chicago moves him he brings a lot. Don't discount him or what positive impact he would have, he definitely would make Winnipeg a lot better.
Trouba is a 1D. 4th in 5v5 production since 2016-17 among defensemen. Great defensively. Logs a ton of minutes.

You cannot talk any Jets fan into this being a good idea, so just stop.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Trouba is a 1D. 4th in 5v5 production since 2016-17 among defensemen. Great defensively. Logs a ton of minutes.

You cannot talk any Jets fan into this being a good idea, so just stop.

How many Stanley cups has trouba won ? None zero . Winnipeg either trades him and gets the best possible return for him , that being no team is going to give Winnipeg the farm for a guy who is unsigned next year. The whole point regarding Keith is that his cap hit works , he brings lots of experience which a team needs to make a cup run and he is still a top defenseman , just playing on a team with no help.

Trouba maybe a good defenseman, but he hasn't helped that team win a cup.
Besides trouba isn't the best defenseman in the league id say karlsson is number 1

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
How many Stanley cups has trouba won ? None zero . Winnipeg either trades him and gets the best possible return for him , that being no team is going to give Winnipeg the farm for a guy who is unsigned next year. The whole point regarding Keith is that his cap hit works , he brings lots of experience which a team needs to make a cup run and he is still a top defenseman , just playing on a team with no help.

Besides trouba isn't the best defenseman in the league id say karlsson is number 1
Couldn't give a f*** about his Cups. Same can be said about Chevy, who literally let Andrew Ladd, a former Cup winner, captain, and one of the team's top wingers at the time, walk for free. Didn't turn out so bad.

If you can somehow prove that Keith is better than Trouba at this present moment, please do that. I doubt it, but hey, who knows what those intangibles really mean.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Trouba won't be with Winnipeg that's for sure . Winnipeg can't afford him. So Winnipeg will have to decide either trade him at the trade deadline and get the most value or lose him. But what you and I think his value is doesn't matter, if he gets traded I promise you this Winnipeg will get fleeced just because teams know their situation.

As much as you would like to discount Keith, he is older than trouba sure, but he can still play and he brings Stanley cups experience to a team. That's what makes him more of a impact player than trouba.
Yea sure, we'll get fleeced just like we did when everyone knew we had to trade Kane.

Don't worry, if the Jets decide to trade Trouba in the summer they will get a fantastic return and certainly much, much better than Keith.

OutsideLookingIn

Feb 9, 2010
Yea sure, we'll get fleeced just like we did when everyone knew we had to trade Kane.

Don't worry, if the Jets decide to trade Trouba in the summer they will get a fantastic return and certainly much, much better than Keith.

If you consider less than what the Sens received for Karlsson a fantastic return, then you are probably right.

Highway1

Jan 9, 2017
Just because Dorian gave Karlsson away doesn’t mean Chevy will do the same with Trouba. Can’t base all trades on this.

Reactions: Snowman

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Seabrook has won cups too, and he's terrible, so...

Point is that Keith is on the downslope of his career, and Trouba has many prime years left. If the Jets can't sign Trouba they'll keep him for a playoff run this season and trade him in the off-season to the highest bidder. The highest bidder will come up with more than Keith and a prospect.

Reactions: SLAYER

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Surely you do not think a 1 for 1 trade of Trouba for Keith is a fair deal for the Jets? It is not 2010 anymore.

Last edited:

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
If you consider less than what the Sens received for Karlsson a fantastic return, then you are probably right.
Don't worry Jets' fans aren't concerned at all. Unlike some GM's, our GM is highly competent and not a fool anchored by terrible ownership. If the Jets trade Trouba, Chevy will get a great return.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad