Speculation: Trouba

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
We'll get a lot for him, and he won't be on the market until the offseason barring a catastrophic season.

I have a bad feeling his value won't be as high as it should be due to the contract situation.

Reactions: Dache

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Do you think Winnipeg and Toronto would swap Gardiner and Trouba?

Edit: ok, OK! Mb, I thought Trouba was a UFA like Gardiner

Last edited:

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
As a Sabres fan I would do something around

Scandella
Guhle or Borgen (Borgen is a RHD)
Our 2020 1st Round Draft Pick
Plus a lower level forward prospect, or 2021 2nd Round Pick.

Dahlin-Trouba
Pilut-Ristolainen
McCabe-Bogosian
Beaulieu-Nelson

Only thing is expansion would kick our a$$

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
When is he gonna be on the market and how much is the Peg going to take to move this contract nightmare.

The issue here is that Chevy has apparently been asking for the moon. He doesnt want to take back huge $ so perhaps picks and a prospect. With Buffalo for example, he'd probably want Middlestadt......which won't happen. Maybe Davidsson and a 1st plus 2nd would be more realistic.

Reactions: sabrebuild

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Do you think Winnipeg and Toronto would swap Gardiner and Trouba?

Toronto is going to be In cap hell very soon bringing on a guy who's next contract is at minimum 7 mill probably looking for 8 million, how in the world does Toronto resign all their upcoming free agents.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Fine with me. I'll gladly keep the better player on the better contract. Good luck in the trouba trade

HAHAHAHAHA Jake Gardiner is better than Trouba and on a better deal, but you want to trade for Trouba?

That's pretty stupid, all things considered.

That being said, if he doesn't extend in Winnipeg, I could certainly see him making the trek back to his old Michigan stomping grounds to take a spot on our top D pair. And I'd be alright with that.

I'd probably do a top 7 or 8 protected 1st and AA for him with ability to talk extension.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
As a Sabres fan I would do something around

Scandella
Guhle or Borgen (Borgen is a RHD)
Our 2020 1st Round Draft Pick
Plus a lower level forward prospect, or 2021 2nd Round Pick.

Dahlin-Trouba
Pilut-Ristolainen
McCabe-Bogosian
Beaulieu-Nelson

Only thing is expansion would kick our a$$
Make it Ristolainen and a 1st.
You get a #1D and lose a #3D.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Maybe if Winnipeg is all in would they be interested in a trade with Chicago for Keith?

Keith's cap hit is 5.5 million and he and buff where teammates before plus his 3 cups and he is still one of the best defenseman who can eat up minutes , move the puck , score big goals. Would Winnipeg make that deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad