Proposal: Trouba traded to Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
NHL Trade Rumor: Jacob Trouba to the Detroit Red Wings

According to The Athletic's Murat Ates, the Detroit Red Wings have inquired about Jacob Trouba's availability. The Jets are willing to listen to what Detroit is willing to offer.

Murat stated that the Red Wings said that Filip Hronek is completely off the table, but Winnipeg has inquired about some draft picks. The Red Wings have three 2nd round picks this upcoming draft and would be willing to part ways with one or two of them to acquire Trouba.

The Red Wings also have some prospects that interest the Winnipeg Jets. Ryan Kuffner is one player of interest along with Matt Puempel.

This source is pretty questionable. I doubt the Jets are interested in AHL wingers with almost no chance at making their NHL roster. I would be ecstatic if they were for some reason.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I hope he gets traded not to Detroit so bad and refuses to sign and extension like Karlsson did. 2020 he will be on the Wings, book it!

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
NHL Trade Rumor: Jacob Trouba to the Detroit Red Wings

According to The Athletic's Murat Ates, the Detroit Red Wings have inquired about Jacob Trouba's availability. The Jets are willing to listen to what Detroit is willing to offer.

Murat stated that the Red Wings said that Filip Hronek is completely off the table, but Winnipeg has inquired about some draft picks. The Red Wings have three 2nd round picks this upcoming draft and would be willing to part ways with one or two of them to acquire Trouba.

The Red Wings also have some prospects that interest the Winnipeg Jets. Ryan Kuffner is one player of interest along with Matt Puempel.

"Player of interest", and then follows with Matt Puempel.

Credible? ;)

Chevy would have to be high as *** to trade Trouba for a package around Puempel and couple of 2nd round picks.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
"Player of interest", and then follows with Matt Puempel.

Credible? ;)

Chevy would have to be high as *** to trade Trouba for a package around Puempel and couple of 2nd round picks.

I think those would be the adds. What we throw in to sweeten a bigger pot.

Not that I'm opposed to giving up nothing of value to get Trouba! But no, that's not the package.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
Mike McIntyre: Basically McIntyre reiterates that Trouba could indeed move before the NHL Draft in three weeks. It is interesting that the original Darren Dreger tweet was taken down. However, the clear message is that something should happen sooner rather than later.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Mike McIntyre: Basically McIntyre reiterates that Trouba could indeed move before the NHL Draft in three weeks. It is interesting that the original Darren Dreger tweet was taken down. However, the clear message is that something should happen sooner rather than later.
I think he gets traded at the draft. Karlsson situation 2.0.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
The Puempel, Kuffner thing has no credibility at all. How on earth could those be the pieces going back, or even as part of a trade for Trouba? Puempel is a near 27 year old AHL forward, who just had an 8 game stretch with the Wings, where he scored 1 goal in 8 games, at the same time as rookie Taro Hirose scored 1 goal, 6 assists for 7 points in 10 games. Kuffner seems like AHL fodder to me.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
The Puempel, Kuffner thing has no credibility at all. How on earth could those be the pieces going back, or even as part of a trade for Trouba? Puempel is a near 27 year old AHL forward, who just had an 8 game stretch with the Wings, where he scored 1 goal in 8 games, at the same time as rookie Taro Hirose scored 1 goal, 6 assists for 7 points in 10 games. Kuffner seems like AHL fodder to me.
Kuffner as a central piece for a future #1d, a top 15 defenseman in some posters eyes doesn't sound legit to you? lol...

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
You never answered my question... You rather me be wrong and he signs an extension to feed your weak ego and have me look "dumb" or him hit UFA status in 2020 and signs with Detroit?

I don’t have an ego to feed, man. Just want you to realize that speaking in absolutes is generally not the best idea. You hitch your hopes to Trouba signing a one year deal to make it to UFA status in 2020. It’s ignoring that Winnipeg really has nothing to gain in a one year deal and is best served in trading him. The team who acquired him has nothing to gain in signing him short term, so they will make an effort to sign him long term. The hurdles that have to be cleared for him to be a UFA in a year are numerous.

I know you are confident he will make it there because as you suggest “he wants to”, which is a debate to be had by itself, but what happens if he doesn’t? What is Plan B?

I will take back literally everything I’ve said if you have a detailed, thought out fallback plan to acquiring a very good first pair defenseman. There isn’t an *available* player on the horizon who fits this organization better than Trouba, and to have the ability to guarantee his services long term, it’s hard to ignore.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Why couldn't they be the pieces?

They just won't have to be the main piece.

Like in Karlsson trade, four players went to Ottawa, Tierney, DeMelo, Norris and Balcers.

Puempel and Kuffner could be our DeMelo and Balcers.

But it will include more.

Last edited:

A II R

Jun 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I think he gets traded at the draft. Karlsson situation 2.0.

Whenever you reference this being Karlsson 2.o, you always fail to mention that EK had one year left on his contract when he was traded. He had to play one more year for someone.

Trouba does not have a contract for the upcoming season.

Massive difference.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Whenever you reference this being Karlsson 2.o, you always fail to mention that EK had one year left on his contract when he was traded. He had to play one more year for someone.

Trouba does not have a contract for the upcoming season.

Massive difference.

Trouba has arbitration rights. He does not need to negotiate a contract. He can take a one-year deal and become a free agent next offseason.

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Trouba has arbitration rights. He does not need to negotiate a contract. He can take a one-year deal and become a free agent next offseason.
If he’s traded to a team he wants to play long term for (and those are the teams likeliest to trade for him), why would he guarantee himself ~7M when he could guarantee himself 60M?

Reactions: A II R

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
If he’s traded to a team he wants to play long term for (and those are the teams likeliest to trade for him), why would he guarantee himself ~7M when he could guarantee himself 60M?
Who knows? I'm just pointing out what his contract options are. He's already turned down multi-year deals from Winnipeg. He could have signed a long-term contract with them and still requested a trade. If he's one year away from free agency, why not explore your options at this point? He's already given up a ton of money making it this far.

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I'm with you I wouldn't move much of anything for him, try and get him for free in free agency and if not I wont lose any sleep over it...

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I guess I'm not that attached to many of the prospects I think it would take to land Trouba. I'm not seeing the potential to be as good of a player as Trouba already is. I don't think it would take Hronek or Cholo to land him, so I can't think of many other prospects/players who I think are as valuable as Trouba would be.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The guys above him you’re not going to get... pretty simple.

I don't know if I agree with that. Well, I agree with it but I can see how others wouldn't. It depends how they view him. If they view him as Brad Stuart, that's a very good D but it's not someone you can't ever pick up elsewhere. I think I'd compare Trouba to the other half of that pair, though. While Lids was here, Kronwall never complained about taking a lesser role. When Lids left and before his body fell apart, Kronwall stepped up and was arguably a top10 D for a few years. If he had decided he didn't want to play second fiddle to Lids and had walked the first chance he got, in his late 20s, I don't think it's a big leap to think he would have established himself as a top D in this league and would be looked at a bit differently now.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
I don't know if I agree with that. Well, I agree with it but I can see how others wouldn't. It depends how they view him. If they view him as Brad Stuart, that's a very good D but it's not someone you can't ever pick up elsewhere. I think I'd compare Trouba to the other half of that pair, though. While Lids was here, Kronwall never complained about taking a lesser role. When Lids left and before his body fell apart, Kronwall stepped up and was arguably a top10 D for a few years. If he had decided he didn't want to play second fiddle to Lids and had walked the first chance he got, in his late 20s, I don't think it's a big leap to think he would have established himself as a top D in this league and would be looked at a bit differently now.

I like Kronwall, but he was never a top 10 D. I have no problem with someone saying he was a #1 defenseman, calling him top 10 is pushing it. In fact he is closer to #30 than he is #10.

Reactions: Winger98 and Oddbob

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
To me it breaks down like this:

Untouchable = Larkin and future 1st round picks. Not going down that Ottawa rabbit hole.

Don’t want to move but would for a great return : 6OA, Hronek, Mantha, Veleno, Zadina

Cholowski and AA would be my choices for a trade. Hopefully one or the other could be the core piece, but if you have to combine them then go ahead. I am a pretty big Trouba fan so you can imagine how pumped I am about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad