Proposal: Trouba traded to Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008

With all the speculation, you'd have to think that Winnipeg's GM is listening to trade offers. They have a lot of UFAs and RFAs this offseason (Connor, Laine, Trouba, Myers, notably) and won't be able to sign them all.

So what's your offer to Winnipeg this offseason, before draft?
It would be easy for Yzerman to wait until July 1st 2020, but it doesn't seem like he will be available by then, most likely signed at his new destination.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

With all the speculation, you'd have to think that Winnipeg's GM is listening to trade offers. They have a lot of UFAs and RFAs this offseason (Connor, Laine, Trouba, Myers, notably) and won't be able to sign them all.

So what's your offer to Winnipeg this offseason, before draft?
It would be easy for Yzerman to wait until July 1st 2020, but it doesn't seem like he will be available by then, most likely signed at his new destination.

With the belief that Winnipeg would like a LHD in return, I’d offer something around Cholowski and a 2nd. I’d start very stingy on my offer for an unsigned defenseman in need of a contract probably in excess of $7mil per year.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
What would WPG be looking to get back? Defense, offense, picks?

I would think that they would want picks, as they only have a 2nd, 4th and 5th round this year. Also, some LHD prospect would be welcomed, as they don't have a lot.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
With the belief that Winnipeg would like a LHD in return, I’d offer something around Cholowski and a 2nd. I’d start very stingy on my offer for an unsigned defenseman in need of a contract probably in excess of $7mil per year.

I just can't trade Cholowski or Hronek in the deal for Trouba. If that puts us out of the running for Trouba, so be it. To have a successful defense they need to acquire someone like Trouba, AND have BOTH Cholowski and Hronek hit also IMO.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I’d offer AA for Trouba. Winnipeg probably wants someone with longer term but they need speed in that lineup.

Reactions: lilidk

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I just can't trade Cholowski or Hronek in the deal for Trouba. If that puts us out of the running for Trouba, so be it. To have a successful defense they need to acquire someone like Trouba, AND have BOTH Cholowski and Hronek hit also IMO.

I view it as a late second cost of upgrading from what looks like a middling defensive prospect to a guaranteed top pair anchor who just turned 25. I also feel much better about this with McIsaac's D+1 season.

Mantha, Ras, and a pick for a signed Trouba is what I would offer

Not a chance I would give up that for Trouba. He isn't signed beyond this year, nor do I want him signed prior to trading. We would take his RFA rights and let Yzerman handle negotiations.

Reactions: hkydave04

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

I'd trade Cholo in a heartbeat for Trouba. He's looking to be a middle pairing PMD. Trouba would be the #1 guy the second he got here, and a #1/#2 on most teams in the NHL.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'd go AA+Cholo+one of Detroit's 2nds for Trouba.

Conceptually I agree, I'm just wondering if you are undervaluing AA by adding him on top of my offer, and I may be undervaluing Trouba in mine by not including more than Cholowski and a 2nd.

Reactions: DInTheB

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Conceptually I agree, I'm just wondering if you are undervaluing AA by adding him on top of my offer, and I may be undervaluing Trouba in mine by not including more than Cholowski and a 2nd.

I tend to believe a 30 goal winger is worth less than a top pairing D. The great unwashed on the trade boards might be impressed that AA played center, but they didn't watch him do it, and not do it that well (he played well, but he didn't play center well), but in a real trade there is no way that AA is considered a center. In the end, it might be a slight over payment, but it solves part of the issue of Detroit's top pairing that has been hounding them for half a decade.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I tend to believe a 30 goal winger is worth less than a top pairing D. The great unwashed on the trade boards might be impressed that AA played center, but they didn't watch him do it, and not do it that well (he played well, but he didn't play center well), but in a real trade there is no way that AA is considered a center. In the end, it might be a slight over payment, but it solves part of the issue of Detroit's top pairing that has been hounding them for half a decade.

That's fair, and I could definitely get behind it, but if I am giving up AA, I would make a very strong push to keep either Cholowski or the second rounder.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
That's fair, and I could definitely get behind it, but if I am giving up AA, I would make a very strong push to keep either Cholowski or the second rounder.

I would call this the final price tag offer. Its not the starting place. I would definitely start lower and work my way up.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
My guess is, not two players that need to be protected in the expansion draft.

I bet they get a 1st in the 15-22 range and a good but not spectacular prospect that is ready to play.

The exact specifics can bend slightly in either direction, either a better pick and worse prospect or lower pick but better prospect.

Philly makes the most sense. 11th OA plus Hagg for Trouba and something

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I view it as a late second cost of upgrading from what looks like a middling defensive prospect to a guaranteed top pair anchor who just turned 25. I also feel much better about this with McIsaac's D+1 season.

Not a chance I would give up that for Trouba. He isn't signed beyond this year, nor do I want him signed prior to trading. We would take his RFA rights and let Yzerman handle negotiations.
Thats what I meant as signed. As longs as its an agreement that he signs and extension with us.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I don’t understand how people are ok with these types of moves were a rebuilding team we can’t just give away assets and take one step forward two steps back

First the jets would want a 1st back so it’s more like the 6th or next years first which could be a lottery pick and cholowski and maybe ehn for trouba which makes zero sense , if he wants to come back to Detroit so bad he can wait one year and help the team he wants to win with by keeping our important assets to go long with himself ,now if he ends up going elsewhere so be it we have to keep building this team In the right direction with trouba or without him

We’re not likely to start making noise until he’s around 30, us trading for him now also likely means we’ll have to give him that 8th year and the way we been ending up with abdelkader and these horrible deals I’d want to stay away from that situation

I know it’s tough guys but stay the course and toughen it out a year, keep our assets and don’t get ourselves good enough to miss the playoffs and get 13th overall pick

Reactions: ZDH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad