Proposal: Trouba traded to Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Unmm, because you need 3 defensemen on each side?

Ever noticed that players come elsewhere than just from drafting?

LD is easiest to find from free market.

That's a bit extreme. I think he's overpaid and overplayed but he was a positive last season on a bad team (and every season of his career except for 16-17) while playing 20+ minutes. He's a decent defensive defenseman.

Danny DeKeyser Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Good post. DeKeyser rebounded pretty well at last season after injury-riddled seasons. People in here like to point out only those bad seasons, for some reason.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Ever noticed that players come elsewhere than just from drafting?

LD is easiest to find from free market.

Good post. DeKeyser rebounded pretty well at last season after injury-riddled seasons. People in here like to point out only those bad seasons, for some reason.
Sure, easiest to find. That's how the Wings wound up with Daley.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
That's a bit extreme. I think he's overpaid and overplayed but he was a positive last season on a bad team (and every season of his career except for 16-17) while playing 20+ minutes. He's a decent defensive defenseman.

Danny DeKeyser Stats | Hockey-Reference.com
DDK will now start to have some positive value as the Time vs. AAV is less %, a very low end #3Dman or decent #4 has Hronek to boost his Offensive stats, they looked decent together, compliment each other fairly well, except Dzone goal mouth situations, they're 370 lbs combined lol.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
DDK will now start to have some positive value as the Time vs. AAV is less %, a very low end #3Dman or decent #4 has Hronek to boost his Offensive stats, they looked decent together, compliment each other fairly well, except Dzone goal mouth situations, they're 370 lbs combined lol.

Yeah that's something that always bothers me about our current defense, don't see a lot of strength around the net when there's a loose puck. Protect the goalie!

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Do you think they would go for a package based around mike green with salary retained

First off, I don't see Green waiving his NTC to go to Winnipeg.

Secondly, the package around Green would probably have to be pretty sizeable considering he's only guaranteed to be a 1 year rental, and a clear (albeit cheaper) downgrade on Trouba, who they could simply retain as a one year rental on his own.

I'll bet if Winnipeg wants a package around a dman from the Wings, they likely only accept Hronek or Cholowski.

A retained Green might be an attractive add for Winnipeg considering they are in win now mode and have to re-sign or replace Trouba and/or Myers. However, I don't see him being the main add for them in a deal for Trouba.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Yeah that's something that always bothers me about our current defense, don't see a lot of strength around the net when there's a loose puck. Protect the goalie!
Hronek is b/w 170-180, seen him listed as both, probably plays @177-180....needs to bulk & strengthen this summer, like Cholo, Zadina, Veleno, Ras, Berggren & Svech!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
First off, I don't see Green waiving his NTC to go to Winnipeg.

Secondly, the package around Green would probably have to be pretty sizeable considering he's only guaranteed to be a 1 year rental, and a clear (albeit cheaper) downgrade on Trouba, who they could simply retain as a one year rental on his own.

I'll bet if Winnipeg wants a package around a dman from the Wings, they likely only accept Hronek or Cholowski.

It isn't this straight-forwarded on this case.

Winnipeg just won't have any cap space for any kind of "Trouba-level" or "Trouba-priced" defenceman. The downgrade on their defence will happen in any case at this off-season. Laine+Connor+Wheeler salary raises will eat all the cap.

Just do the math.

A retained Green might be an attractive add for Winnipeg considering they are in win now mode and have to re-sign or replace Trouba and/or Myers. However, I don't see him being the main add for them in a deal for Trouba.

Retained Green changes the whole scenario. They get maybe a lesser player, but that's the only option. Better have Green than nothing (in this case "nothing" is a guy like Joe Morrow promoted on the TOP4...).

They have 2.5-3.5M of cap space after Laine and Connor extensions are done and when you project a full roster. And this is the cap space with both Trouba and Myers out. In that scenario any GM is very interested about 2.8M (50% retained) Mike Green.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Zermanator

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

Winnipeg just won't have any cap space for any kind of "Trouba-level" or "Trouba-priced" defenceman. The downgrade on their defence will happen in any case. Laine+Connor+Wheeler salary raises will eat all the cap.

Just do the math.

Retained Green changes the whole scenario. They get maybe a lesser player, but that's the only option. Better have Green than nothing (in this case "nothing" is a guy like Joe Morrow promoted on the TOP4...).

They have 2.5-3.5M of cap space after Laine and Connor extensions are done and when you project a full roster. And this is the cap space with both Trouba and Myers out. In that scenario any GM is very interested about 2.8M (50% retained) Mike Green.

I'd do AA + Green (50% retained) + a 2nd for Trouba and Perreault. We can eat Perreault's entire salary next season and he would replace AA's spot on the wing. Then AA and a 2nd for Trouba is a steal.

I think Winnipeg might be wary of taking on Green though with this virus issue. If they really are losing both Myers and Trouba and would therefore lean on Green a lot more, if he misses a chunk of time they're in a really bad spot. But who knows, maybe us taking Perreault would allow them to keep Myers.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
@HockeyRumor 7m7 minutes ago
More
Per sources: Trouba and Zaitsev both gone by draft. Expecting Trouba to go to DET. Zaitsev I haven’t heard. Also DAL-BOS (even though BOS In in the Stanley cup final so they can’t trade until after) have talked about a possible deal for the summer. Stay tuned.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
@HockeyRumor 7m7 minutes ago
More
Per sources: Trouba and Zaitsev both gone by draft. Expecting Trouba to go to DET. Zaitsev I haven’t heard. Also DAL-BOS (even though BOS In in the Stanley cup final so they can’t trade until after) have talked about a possible deal for the summer. Stay tuned.
Who is hockey rumor?

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

Winnipeg just won't have any cap space for any kind of "Trouba-level" or "Trouba-priced" defenceman. The downgrade on their defence will happen in any case at this off-season. Laine+Connor+Wheeler salary raises will eat all the cap.

Just do the math.

Where are your numbers coming from? The Jets currently have ~26M in cap space next year. Even estimating on the high end for Laine and Connor...

26 - 8 (Laine) - Connor (8) = 10M for 5 roster spots to fill.
Fill 4 of the 5 spots with minimum salary type guys = 800k x 4 = -3.2M
10M - 3.2M = 6.8M

Can easily fit Green if they wanted to. And that's estimating Laine and Connor on the high end (IMO) with their new contracts.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hope this doesn't mean that our first round pick is in play.

I kind of doubt that #6 would be given the contract situation. They could offer them a top 10 protected 2020 with a decreasing option in 2021 to say top 5. I think the conditions are about to become more common in the industry with the current lottery setup.

By the way it could just be #35 is the draft pick with other things going as well. More along the lines of the McDonagh value in terms of when he was dealt to Tampa.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
NHL Trade Rumor: Jacob Trouba to the Detroit Red Wings

According to The Athletic's Murat Ates, the Detroit Red Wings have inquired about Jacob Trouba's availability. The Jets are willing to listen to what Detroit is willing to offer.

Murat stated that the Red Wings said that Filip Hronek is completely off the table, but Winnipeg has inquired about some draft picks. The Red Wings have three 2nd round picks this upcoming draft and would be willing to part ways with one or two of them to acquire Trouba.

The Red Wings also have some prospects that interest the Winnipeg Jets. Ryan Kuffner is one player of interest along with Matt Puempel.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
NHL Trade Rumor: Jacob Trouba to the Detroit Red Wings

According to The Athletic's Murat Ates, the Detroit Red Wings have inquired about Jacob Trouba's availability. The Jets are willing to listen to what Detroit is willing to offer.

Murat stated that the Red Wings said that Filip Hronek is completely off the table, but Winnipeg has inquired about some draft picks. The Red Wings have three 2nd round picks this upcoming draft and would be willing to part ways with one or two of them to acquire Trouba.

The Red Wings also have some prospects that interest the Winnipeg Jets. Ryan Kuffner is one player of interest along with Matt Puempel.

HAHAHA Matt Puempel? I will drive his ass to Winnipeg if that's the key to the deal

Reactions: wingfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad