Eklund Rumor: Trouba to the Habs?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
33 points in 60 games is more offence than 42 in 78, but do keep laughing about being wrong :laugh:

Its cute that you are trying to make a big deal about Trouba having an amazingly high .55 PPG where as Weber only only had a terrible .54 PPG, but there is a reason the Art Ross is awarded for actual points, not pace. If Trouba ever actually has a season that cracks Weber's top 5 we can talk.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Isnt Trouba a Right hand defenseman. Its not that it doesnt make sense, but it doesnt make any sense... they desperately need lhd.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Its cute that you are trying to make a big deal about Trouba having an amazingly high .55 PPG where as Weber only only had a terrible .54 PPG, but there is a reason the Art Ross is awarded for actual points, not pace. If Trouba ever actually has a season that cracks Weber's top 5 we can talk.

Oh, that's cute, you included PP time.

5v5 :

Weber : 16 points in 1388 min (20th on the Habs btw) for a p/60 of .69

Trouba : 24 points in 1152 min (11th on the Jets) for a p/60 of 1.25

PP :

Weber : 22 points in 250 min ( 4th on the Habs) for a p/60 of 5.27

Trouba : 4 points in 99 min (11th on the Jets) for a p/60 of 2.42

So yes, if only our PP were better, Trouba would get to pad his stats.

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
Oh, that's cute, you included PP time.

5v5 :

Weber : 16 points in 1388 min (20th on the Habs btw) for a p/60 of .69

Trouba : 24 points in 1152 min (11th on the Jets) for a p/60 of 1.25

PP :

Weber : 22 points in 250 min ( 4th on the Habs) for a p/60 of 5.27

Trouba : 4 points in 99 min (11th on the Jets) for a p/60 of 2.42

So yes, if only our PP were better, Trouba would get to pad his stats.

You don't think there's a reason Trouba plays sparingly on the PP?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Because he plays on the same team as Buff, who is a better offensive dman than either of them.

Also, our PP was ass.

Yeah, I feel you there, our PP was 16% last year. Then we got Weber who was top 10 PP goals and brought us to just under 20%.

I just hope next year PP goals count on the scoreboard too so that scoring them will be of some benefit to our team. I could have sworn they were, but you helpful Jets fans have educated me on the matter.

I also love the logic of "Trouba would be great on the PP but he's stuck behind amazing PP players." Along with "Our PP sucks so much you can't expect Trouba to score points on it".

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I wonder what the percentage Eklund is for getting things right.

Last time I remember him hitting out of the park was when Kovalchuk signed that 17-Year contract.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=1

You were warned, it's a Eklund rumour so don't complain. Not much hockey talk now so whatever I posted it.

Honestly I have no clue what the Habs could offer that would be interesting for Trouba. As a Jets fan I hope this is another false Eklund rumour. Habs traded their main interesting D prospect

Discuss

Rumor reports like this hurt eklunds credibility... and I'm actually a fan of his... but omg. Its as bad as his boston one he circulated a few months ago

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Yeah, I feel you there, our PP was 16% last year. Then we got Weber who was top 10 PP goals and brought us to just under 20%.

I just hope next year PP goals count on the scoreboard too so that scoring them will be of some benefit to our team. I could have sworn they were, but you helpful Jets fans have educated me on the matter.

I also love the logic of "Trouba would be great on the PP but he's stuck behind amazing PP players." Along with "Our PP sucks so much you can't expect Trouba to score points on it".

I hope that you continue to have PP success, so Weber can continue to be near Trouba's impact offensively, because god knows his 5v5 scoring isn't going to get much better.

And it's not that Trouba is stuck behind a better PP player, he's just stuck behind a better offensive defenseman. No one has, or will ever, say that Maurice runs a good PP. If he did it would look even worse for Weber.:laugh:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I wonder what the percentage Eklund is for getting things right.

Last time I remember him hitting out of the park was when Kovalchuk signed that 17-Year contract.

About the same as the rest of us... no one that attempts to predict rumors gets it right

I mean I've predicted Boston will trade seguin, boychuk, lucic... but i never got the team right... didn't get the return right.

If i graded myself on team and return my success would be less than 1% and so is everyone else

But when I say player x will get dealt soon I'm around 10% and I think most insiders could be around the same if they weren't trying to get click hits on ad supported websites

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I hope that you continue to have PP success, so Weber can continue to be near Troubas impact offensively, because god knows his 5v5 scoring isn't going to get much better.

And it's not that Trouba is stuck behind a better PP player, he's just stuck behind a better offensive defenseman. No one has, or will ever, say that Maurice runs a good PP. If he did it would look even worse for Weber.:laugh:

[blames coach for lack of production]

[ignores that Weber played almost all of last season being coached by MT]

The notion that Weber is just barely keeping up to Trouba offensively is laughable. Once again, Trouba's career best point total would be 10th on Weber's list. He doesn't need you to hope he keeps scoring on the PP, he's elite at it. But I guess one season of prorated magic is enough to confuse some homers in the Peg.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
[blames coach for lack of production]

[ignores that Weber played almost all of last season being coached by MT]

The notion that Weber is just barely keeping up to Trouba offensively is laughable. Once again, Trouba's career best point total would be 10th on Weber's list. He doesn't need you to hope he keeps scoring on the PP, he's elite at it. But I guess one season of prorated magic is enough to confuse some homers in the Peg.

Well I think the age comment is very valid.
Weber did have several amazing seasons in the NHL but all but one of them were with Nashville. His past success can't help you going forward. Only what he does now. He's a great player but clearly moving towards the end of his career and away from his prime.

Trouba is trending up and getting more opportunities.
With a training camp and no contract issue to start the season he has an excellent chance to reach new personal bests.

Trouba would have to have a pretty amazing run to have as good of a career as Weber. But their values in the here and now for most teams would shift to Trouba because he is just entering his prime. Only a team that was really going for it would prefer the much shorter window of Weber to Trouba.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I think a deal based around Trouba and galchenyuk make sense.

Both have demand trade from their current team and are about same age.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

In your dreams. Trouba is our best defenseman, and if you can't offer us another D just like him, you won't get him. That is if you don't offer us a superstar center, which you don't have either.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Gal? No thx, the guy is best suited for a winger (which we have no need) and has continually been in the coaching dog house (red flag) and struggles near the end of the year to keep his spot in the top 6 on a team who is desperate for goals (red flag #2) and just signed to a dumb/bad contract. Easy pass from the Jets, for multi reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad