Eklund Rumor: Trouba to the Habs?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Nice to hear Eklund's confirmation that Trouba's not going to Habs.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
There are no assets that would be accepted by the Jets. Nothing they have at D entices me one bit, and forwards are neither of need nor interest (=not elite Cs). Shut it down.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm sure the conversation went like this:

Hey is Trouba available?

Maybe...for what?

Plekanec?

No.

Okay, bye.

E5.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Bergevin trying to reverse the Weber for Subban with a Weber for Trouba trade? :laugh::sarcasm:

I thought Weber had an outstanding season . Maybe I am mistaken.
Is it because PK and his bad breath made the finals ?
Weber is a great D man .

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Trouba wouldn't be the worst pickup for the Canadiens but I'm not sure what the Canadiens would have to offer that the Jets would want.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Serge would have come to mind, and Price/Weber are a no go.....

Serge would have had to have been a piece of a larger offer, Price was never going to be a part of any deal, and Winnipeg doesn't need declining Weber in exchange for rising Trouba.

There is nothing in the Canadiens organization (aside from Price, which is never going to happen, I get that) that Trouba could be traded for that wouldn't get Chevy run out of town on a rail. Twice.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Habs are in for a world of hurt coming up. No way Trouba goes there. They have nothing to trade for him.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Meh, it's popcorn. This isn't even based in team needs. I agree with most in here as well in saying mtl does not have the available assets to trade for trouba anyways.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
can a sign and trade of Galchenyuk work for the Jets?

Galchenyuk plus a dman for Trouba and something perhaps?

I don't think it makes sense either unless Galchenyuk moves as the Habs really do not have a ton that the Jets could want that makes sense.

Not for another 2 years. :laugh:

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Yeah, let's put Petry on the 3rd line. Why not, right?

Eklund's a moron.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Why would Habs want more defensemen when they lack scoring? Who would Jets want from Habs? Only reason this could happen is because Bergevin is Bergevin but still...

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Why would Habs want more defensemen when they lack scoring? Who would Jets want from Habs? Only reason this could happen is because Bergevin is Bergevin but still...

The only thing the Jets could use is perhaps a 3C for a year (until Roslovic or Petan grab it). I think the Jets are set for all of their positions for this year.

Best to keep the Jets out of trade conversations until after the season starts. Props to Chevy for a good offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad