Proposal: Trouba to EDM

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
The dude saying Klefbom is better than Trouba is calling someone else a homer lmao

Only a homer would see a vast difference between them. Value-wise, it's close; Trouba has a bit of an edge overall, but that is mitigated by the fact Klefbom is going to earn $1.5-2M less a year over the next few seasons.

The Jets need a high-end lefty to balance their pairs, Edmonton an RHD. It's a workable deal. To blow it off like you are reveals your true colors.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Klefbom has been terrible this year, non starter. Nuge doesn’t fill as big need as Trouba, pass

Terrible is an overstatement. Much like the Oilers, Klefbom had a brutal start to the season. He's smoothed out since then but the Oilers PP struggles have really tanked his production.

Edmonton has played 47 games, you can pretty much draw a line down the middle and get two totally different Klefboms:

Oilers first 23 games:

2-4-6, -14

Oilers next 24 games

1-4-5, +3

Basically the difference between Klefbom's numbers this year and last year is a productive power play.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Only a homer would see a vast difference between them. Value-wise, it's close; Trouba has a bit of an edge overall, but that is mitigated by the fact Klefbom is going to earn $1.5-2M less a year over the next few seasons.

The Jets need a high-end lefty to balance their pairs, Edmonton an RHD. It's a workable deal. To blow it off like you are reveals your true colors.
No, there's a huge difference. Easy pass on a 1 for 1 swap.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think it's pretty common sense if Chevy gets a call and is offered Klefbom for Trouba he'd just hang up.

He wouldn't if he was smart - particularly not if this was an offseason deal.

Is Trouba better than Klefbom right now, sure, but it was a lot closer this past offseason and with Overhardt as his agent he's going to want the literal actual moon on his next deal. There might be people out there that would give Trouba 7.5x8, but I'm not one of them.

Reactions: McClelland

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

If Trouba was traded I don't see Klefbom being the target we would go after. LHD is no longer a need for the Jets. If Trouba is traded I could see the Jets targeting a another RHD to replace him and trade Myers. LHD we're now ok on. Myers contract has one more year, I doubt we resign him.

Reactions: Deam78

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Oilers 25th Overall

Jets 3rd Overall

Oilers won McDavid, Chevy built this team from a one line team to a four line contender with one of the brightest futures in the nhl.

You might want to rethink how you evaluate GM’s.

Chiarelli's terrible, I agree. But Chevy and regular season third place champion Winnipeg are little better from an actual accomplishments standpoint. Talk to me when he wins a round.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Chiarelli's terrible, I agree. But Chevy and regular season third place champion Winnipeg are little better from an actual accomplishments standpoint. Talk to me when he wins a round.

One does not rebuild a team from the ground up in a year......But the Oilers know that it takes years. The Jets stated from day one they are building towards long term success.....not a one year flash in the pan then disappear.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Lol, yes, because Chevy has only had six years to ice a competitive team. Woe is him, why won't folks give him a break?

Not a break.... respect. He’s built one of the best upcoming teams in the nhl. You can choose to ignore that fact if you like.....but you’re opinion comes across as very silly when every fact proves you wrong.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Lol, yes, because Chevy has only had six years to ice a competitive team. Woe is him, why won't folks give him a break?
Did a hell of job over those 6 years too. His patience along with our scouting and some luck have set us up for a pretty bright future as well as opened our window this year. Also might want to take a look at those contracts he's been able to get players to sign to as well before you keep yapping.

Reactions: Hunter368

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Not a break.... respect. He’s built one of the best upcoming teams in the nhl. You can choose to ignore that fact if you like.....but you’re opinion comes across as very silly when every fact proves you wrong.

Every fact, like that he's gotten his team to the post-season one time since taking over? That fact? About his team only making the playoffs once?

If you are using anything else to assess his performance, you're the one ignoring actual evidence. No one gives a **** how "upcoming" you are- and not when it's been that way since they literally touched down in Manitoba.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Did a hell of job over those 6 years too. His patience along with our scouting and some luck have set us up for a pretty bright future as well as opened our window this year.

Nobody outside of Winnipeg cares until they win a round or two.

Also might want to take a look at those contracts he's been able to get players to sign to as well before you keep yapping.

You mean those key contracts that expire in the next two years right as this window is supposedly opening up? Brilliant move. He now gets to be Edmonton, a young, inexperienced team with a Blackhawks-esque cap crunch. Truly amazing management and worth another six years IMO.

Carson22

Oct 9, 2017
Nobody outside of Winnipeg cares until they win a round or two.

You mean those key contracts that expire in the next two years right as this window is supposedly opening up? Brilliant move. He now gets to be Edmonton, a young, inexperienced team with a Blackhawks-esque cap crunch. Truly amazing management and worth another six years IMO.
Oilers fans are usually pretty humble on here, but I guess there are some that let their children use the computer.

Reactions: Pongs21

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Oilers fans are usually pretty humble on here, but I guess there are some that let their children use the computer.

Don’t worry about him, clearly has an agenda and a bitter Oiler fan. Jets are going into the playoffs for the 2nd time in 7 years and look to be set to make many more appearances in the future. Great time to be a Jets fan. Fun fact the Oilers made the playoffs once in 12 years (not making this year), compared to our twice in seven years (including this year very soon). For the record I truly hope the Oilers figure it out soon.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Jets are going into the playoffs for the 2nd time in 7 years and look to be set to make many more appearances in the future.

Does the HHOF retirement requirement count for builders, or can we put Chevy in right now? Either way, truly incredible stuff. Who could ever think there'd be a GM capable of constructing a team that makes the playoffs less than 50% of the time? We're witnessing history here, people.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

I think the Jets are in OK shape cap wise in the future. Certainly better than the Oilers are. The key contracts (Laine, Connor, Wheeler, and Trouba) will cost yes but at least the other talent is signed at good prices (except Byfuglien).

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Does the HHOF retirement requirement count for builders, or can we put Chevy in right now? Either way, truly incredible stuff. Who could ever think there'd be a GM capable of constructing a team that makes the playoffs less than 50% of the time? We're witnessing history here, people.

HHOF nope, but nevertheless it’s impressive. If it was easy everyone would do it, even the Oilers. Your hyperbole isn’t helping you here, each post you just dig yourself deeper. Jets are 3rd overall without their 1C for weeks now.

I hope you guys land another 1st overall pick this year.....it will certainly accelerate your building process.

Reactions: Pongs21

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Don’t worry about him, clearly has an agenda and a bitter Oiler fan. Jets are going into the playoffs for the 2nd time in 7 years and look to be set to make many more appearances in the future. Great time to be a Jets fan. Fun fact the Oilers made the playoffs once in 12 years (not making this year), compared to our twice in seven years (including this year very soon). For the record I truly hope the Oilers figure it out soon.

hey hey hey. easy man, slow down. lets not jinx this. we have 5 teams within 6 points of over taking us.

as for the trade no thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad