Proposal: Trouba to EDM

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Is the first round draft pick from this year? And when is the trade being completed.

Because if this is at draft, I could see Winnipeg entertaining the idea of trading Trouba for top 10 draft pick in a deep draft, if they think they can't resign Trouba to reasonable contract. Sekera comes into fill the void for next couple of years, then their drafted player could make the impact on their roster.

But I don't really see a point for Winnipeg to trade Trouba for an unknown + worse top 4 D

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
If it's Sekera and the 2019 1st then add in the 2018 2nd while your at it and done!
However, if it's the 2018 first then no deal

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
If I'm Winnipeg I do this trade in a HEARTBEAT. Potential top 10 pick in this years draft, serviceable player in Sekera.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
If Trouba was willing to sign a 5x6 he'd have signed it with Winnipeg.

With him being a RFA I would think that the return cost would involve a young core piece and not a 1st and something like Sekeras.

Winnipeg would be asking for someone like Nurse, because frankly they could get better then the original offer elsewhere.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
No thanks, if we not get first overall and have a deal ready to send Sekera to a third team.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
If the pick were a top 3 then you might get the Jets to play... other than that I doubt they would entertain this offer.

Also, you are assuming that Sekera waives his NMC.

I assume you mean 5 years @ $6M... I think that's fairly close to what he would get. 2 RFA years and 3 UFA years.

I think the Jets haven't signed him because he likely wants to play in the US... so this really won't work.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I see nothing that might bother Trouba in Winnipeg that moving to Edmonton would fix. Moreover, Sekera is not the centerpiece of a hypothetical deal, period.

Reactions: DRC and Whileee

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If I'm Winnipeg I do this trade in a HEARTBEAT. Potential top 10 pick in this years draft, serviceable player in Sekera.

Not sure why fans only see the draft pick . The player draft can still bust . The Jets are playing well why risk fooling up chemistry for a future that isn't needed . Value might be there in a vacuum but if I am the GM of the Jets I don't make the trade

Reactions: Deam78 and Snowman

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
We knew Trouba wouldn't sign a contract until the off-season this year. We're not panicking, he'll sign.
We're starting to contend, and we've suffered for so long that we don't want to trade our talent for futures. Our core is in its prime, it's time to GOOOOO.

Reactions: DRC and BHD

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No thx from the Jets, not trading our top pairing D for an older top 4 plus a magic bean. If Trouba is traded we need 1-2 solid pieces back.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
No thx from the Jets, not trading our top pairing D for an older top 4 plus a magic bean. If Trouba is traded we need 1-2 solid pieces back.
Obviously he's not going anywhere this season, but at the draft this is decent if he won't re-sign. A top 4 D to replace some of his minutes and a top 5/10 pick are 2 solid pieces, no?

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
If the pick were a top 3 then you might get the Jets to play... other than that I doubt they would entertain this offer.

Also, you are assuming that Sekera waives his NMC.

I assume you mean 5 years @ $6M... I think that's fairly close to what he would get. 2 RFA years and 3 UFA years.

I think the Jets haven't signed him because he likely wants to play in the US... so this really won't work.
They haven’t signed him because they can’t even talk about it until July 1.

I don’t mind the value but I think the Jets are built to win now. Trouba is RFA for the next 3 years. They will never have more cap space than they do now and enough talent to be considered a contender. Losing Trouba for futures hurts what could be their best window to win a Cup.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Trading Trouba would need to happen in the off season if he's not willing to stay in Winnipeg. While the 1st is a good start, I would want a more attractive piece then Sekera.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
They haven’t signed him because they can’t even talk about it until July 1.

This is not true. They have been able to talk extension since July 1st.

Not sure if they get him locked up or just a 1-2 year deal, but I would think they’ll do everything to retain him unless the right offer comes along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad