Proposal: Trouba to EDM

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I would rather keep Trouba and play him until he is a UFA (and lose him for free) than take this deal.

UnlawfulUniqueHawaiianmonkseal.gif

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If I'm Winnipeg I do this trade in a HEARTBEAT. Potential top 10 pick in this years draft, serviceable player in Sekera.

Absolutely no reason for Jets to do this trade today, zero.

Jets are entering their compete window.

Trouba is a helluva lot better player than Sekera and the difference will only grow,
Jets have a healthy prospect pool,
Jets LD's are Morrissey, Enstrom, Kulikov,
RD's without Trouba Buff, Myers, Poolman.

No reasons for Jets to entertain this.

Reactions: tgo0 and Hunter368

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
There's no chance in hell that he wants to sign in Edmonton if he's not willing to sign in Winnipeg so what's the point? Either he signs in Winnipeg or is traded to an American team IMO.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The first is a lottery pick so could turn into Dahlin. Can't see Edmonton offering it.

Jets are really good this year. They are not going to trade Trouba in season and mess up the team.

Reactions: TrentonF

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The first is a lottery pick so could turn into Dahlin. Can't see Edmonton offering it.

Jets are really good this year. They are not going to trade Trouba in season and mess up the team.

I agree no reason for the Jets to make this kind of move in a great season.

Edmonton obviously wouldn't trade the 1st until it is determined where in the round it will be.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Edmonton gets:
RFA right to Trouba

Winnipeg gets:
Sekera
1st round pick

Oilers sign Trouba 5x6
Edmonton needs RHD, Winnipeg needs LHD
:laugh: :laugh: Sekera will be 32 years old this summer, Why would Cheveldayoff want a 32 year old for a soon to be 24 year old Trouba. No way is Sekera+2018 1st round pick Trouba's value it's far more if you're talking a sign and trade like you're then the ask is at least Oscar Klefbom Trouba probably gets the Cam Fowler deal 7 x $6.5M 5x6 wont cut it.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
After the season IF Trouba won’t sign long term in Winnipeg and IF that pick is top 3 and IF he’s willing to sign an extension in another Canadian City I could see a deal like this being considered. Even then it will take a better player than Sekera and a lot more money for Trouba.

Too many if’s and maybes for me to picture this working.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Simple trade: Klefbom for Trouba.

Klefbom doesn't get you Trouba . Not sure my why my fellow Oiler fans think they can steal Trouba . Remember who are GM and his trades . If Chia trades for Trouba he will get owned . Think Draisaitl 50% retained + 1st 2018 + Jones or Bear

Reactions: Deam78

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Klefbom doesn't get you Trouba . Not sure my why my fellow Oiler fans think they can steal Trouba . Remember who are GM and his trades . If Chia trades for Trouba he will get owned . Think Draisaitl 50% retained + 1st 2018 + Jones or Bear
Chiarelli only gets owned when trading our stars, not when trading for other teams stars.

But seriously Oil fans, the Jets have no reason to make a major move that could hurt their team. They're rolling on all cylinders here so trading Trouba just isn't going to happen. The Jets aren't going to be trading quality players. If anything, they'll be loading up for a run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad