Speculation: Trouba [MOD: his next contract]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Our only D man under 27(6?) Probably fits just nicely in our long term plans....just my suspicion.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Our only D man under 27(6?) Probably fits just nicely in our long term plans....just my suspicion.

The good part about this is he is an RFA so our team has leverage. Not like he is a pending UFA......we can pull up a comfy chair and...........wait.

Remember when Bogo wasn't going to do a deal here (summer of 2011)
Remember when Kane wasn't going to do a deal here because he hated it?
I think we might have worried allot with almost every pending FA

In this case we do have a bit more "hand" so I say we grind out a tough deal and have Jacob as part of our core for a run over the next 5 years for a cup.

That is my vote anyways.

:boredom:

:bones:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
For what it's worth, I heard the team plan is long term contract with Trouba.

That's what I would expect. Has a lot of untapped potential IMO. Saw some things I liked at the end of the year. Looked like he was becoming really tough 1on1. Deflected a lot of shots out of play similar to how Enstrom always has.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
The good part about this is he is an RFA so our team has leverage. Not like he is a pending UFA......we can pull up a comfy chair and...........wait.

Remember when Bogo wasn't going to do a deal here (summer of 2011)
Remember when Kane wasn't going to do a deal here because he hated it?
I think we might have worried allot with almost every pending FA

In this case we do have a bit more "hand" so I say we grind out a tough deal and have Jacob as part of our core for a run over the next 5 years for a cup.

That is my vote anyways.

:boredom:

:bones:

We're going to need it ...

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Well this is good news yeah?

Edit: would we be happy with a matching scheif contract? I think I would be ok with it

I thought 6.125 mill x 8 was fair for Schiefele. Not sure I feel the same about Trouba.
I'd feel less stressed if it was closer to 5 million x 4 years ave or 5.5 mill ave x 6 years and I feel that is an over payment.
Although I'm sure there are other posters that would agree with paying Trouba the same contract as Schiefele.
I'd feel much more comfortable with 5 x 6 years like Aavco's comment, I actually would say that would be a fair contract.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I thought 6.125 mill x 8 was fair for Schiefele. Not sure I feel the same about Trouba.
I'd feel much more comfortable if it was closer to 5 million x 4 years ave or 5.5 mill ave x 6 years. Anything more might be an over payment.
Although I'm sure there are other posters that would agree with paying Trouba the same contract as Schiefele.

4 yrs is never gonna happen. It buys zero UFA years. Chevy would never do that. It's 2 or 6.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think it will fall between $4.75 and $5.25 over 6 years imo. I think Trouba's agent will shoot for the Jones contract but I can't see Chevy going that high.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
i am stupider for having listened to that drivel

Yup, do the media even watch Jets games. He played a good chunk as a LD on the top pair you would think they would take that into account.

I'm getting quite sick and tired of the media and their lack of homework.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
That's how negotiation works. You start high. If his agent didn't do that he should be fired. I hardly means he is going to get it.

These rumours of him demanding $7 million are out of control.

Edited to add: Just noticed the OP is from a few months ago. But Still! This drives me nuts.

I don't think he should get quite as much as Schiefele. I agree with something around 5.5x6,

Last edited:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
As much as I would like 8 years, I would also be ok with 6. That gives us a very good window in which to win a cup, and who knows? Maybe Trouba grows to like the market enough where he doesn't really care about where he plays. I can see his agent pushing for 6 years instead of 8, or if 8, have it be a bit of a higher AAV to compensate for 2 prime UFA years being bought up.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I find it a bit interesting that when Laine was drafted and when Scheifs signed his new deal... Jets who somewhat regularly use twitter like Scheif Ehlers etc congratulated both. Trouba did not and has been kind of quiet on social media. Odd. I get he's in negotiations but... at the same time I'm not sure he's legit proven his worth yet. I'd go 6 x 5 or 7 x 5.5. If he wants more than that I think I'd probably look to move him. Arizona is said to have interest.
Maybe Trouba and Stafford for Strome and maybe Stone or something like that

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Is trouba ever on his Twitter?

Troubas average time between posts is 35 days. I wouldn't read into the lack of congrats

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I find it a bit interesting that when Laine was drafted and when Scheifs signed his new deal... Jets who somewhat regularly use twitter like Scheif Ehlers etc congratulated both. Trouba did not and has been kind of quiet on social media. Odd. I get he's in negotiations but... at the same time I'm not sure he's legit proven his worth yet. I'd go 6 x 5 or 7 x 5.5. If he wants more than that I think I'd probably look to move him. Arizona is said to have interest.
Maybe Trouba and Stafford for Strome and maybe Stone or something like that

Trouba has only 5 tweets and 2 retweets in all of 2016. That's hardly "active"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad