Proposal: Trouba Mega thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames101

Jul 31, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Let's change the train of thought here. Instead of trouba being the main piece, let's look larger. The ducks are having issues signing lindholm and I obviously agree that lindholm is worth more

Jets have a huge amount of young talented wingers that are cost controlled , and the ducks are tight against the cap

Lindholm
Vermette

For
Trouba
Roslovic( former first rounder good prospect)
Burmistrov (former first rounder, good 3rd line centre and pk'er)
Petan/Armia/lowery/Lemieux

I understand this becomes a little quality for quantity as lindholm is the best player here, but the ducks fill their needs with cost controlled depth, and get a first pairing D and possibly3 former first rounders.

Flames101

Jul 31, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I am very much against the gardiner idea. We need size and strength , gardiner offers neither of those. And then to add kap, that is something the jets do not need.

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
If Chevy ever did trouba for gardnier with those adds i would personally delivery my season ticket passes to him and let those seat sit empty.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Columbus becomes very soft down the middle. Lacking size, strength and grit. Whether that is a big deal or not depends who you ask.

Uhh how so? RNH is an upgrade at 1C over Dubinsky. RNH-Wennberg-Dubois as the top-9 centermen next season is quite solid. The Jackets have too many bangers and gritty players on the wings in Hartnell, Jenner, Foligno, Calvert and Anderson as is (with Bittner, Zaar, and others in the system), and seriously lack skill and high end talent up front.

In a year the lines would project to look like:

Saad-RNH-Atkinson
Jenner-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Hartnell-Dubois-Foligno
Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Trouba
Kukan/Nutivaara/Heatherington-Fayne/Prout

You really think that is a soft lineup?

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Quite typical response.

Showing ignorance of an other team's established player. Check.

Calling a 20 year old 1st round pick with potential as 'dime a dozen'. Check.

Kapanen isn't some blue-chip prospect though. The Jets have tons of players like him, current or projected middle-6 wingers: Armia, Lemieux, Lowry (might end up at LW), Burmistrov (might end up at LW), Petan, maybe Roslovic (though they seem to be converting him to C). They've also got Perreault, who they'd probably like to move back to LW, and Stafford (UFA after this year). And middle-6 is being generous, because that's a 50% overlap with top-6, where the Jets will have Laine, Connor, Ehlers and Wheeler for many years to come. That's looking like an elite top-6 winger group with a ridiculous amount of depth behind it for very few remaining spots.

Imagine the Leafs still had Kessel and that Matthews and Marner were strictly wingers, in addition to Nylander, and that you already had 4 or 5 Kapanens, and someone offered you another. You'd probably think "who gives a ****" too.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Uhh how so? RNH is an upgrade at 1C over Dubinsky. RNH-Wennberg-Dubois as the top-9 centermen next season is quite solid. The Jackets have too many bangers and gritty players on the wings in Hartnell, Jenner, Foligno, Calvert and Anderson as is (with Bittner, Zaar, and others in the system), and seriously lack skill and high end talent up front.

In a year the lines would project to look like:

Saad-RNH-Atkinson
Jenner-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Hartnell-Dubois-Foligno
Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Trouba
Kukan/Nutivaara/Heatherington-Fayne/Prout

You really think that is a soft lineup?
I was referring to just the center position, not the lineup as a whole. Dubois will help when he's ready but not right now.

Some might argue that wingers aside, you need some size and some grit at the center position. Part of the argument involves faceoffs. Depends on your philosophy I guess.

I remember a few years back looking at the Western playoff teams centers and seeing Thornton Getzlaf Kopitar Toews Koivu Backes as top 6 centers. But you could also look at Sedin+Kesker making the finals over all of them.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Imagine the Leafs still had Kessel and that Matthews and Marner were strictly wingers, in addition to Nylander, and that you already had 4 or 5 Kapanens, and someone offered you another. You'd probably think "who gives a ****" too.
If the trade helps my team needs, the value is good and there's a good market to flip that prospect for a team need, I would probably think "let's pull the trigger on this".

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Has Chara+ been discussed yet?

Chara-Myers
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Chiarot / Stuart / Postma / Morrissey

I assume Boston would do it for the right price. Would the Jets? They'd have to think they can make a run or two. How is Hellebuyck holding up so far?

I keep hearing "Jets need LHD and LHD prospects"... what about Chara+Zboril for Trouba? Carlo is RHD but looks promising. Maybe the Jets consider Chara+Carlo for Trouba? Or Chara+BOS 1st?

I was also thinking about Senyshen, DeBrusk, Lauzon, Subban, but I don't think a lot of those are what Winnipeg would want. Jets might ask for Pastrnak or McAvoy but Bruins probably hang up.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Boston won't be trading Chara or Carlo. Winnepeg also isn't close enough to competing to want Chara.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
No competing team wants 40yo Chara with that AAV contract.

Don't kid yourself, Chara could be moved this year by the deadline or by the draft. He might waive his NMC for another cup. He has a bigger cap hit this year, but only 4 Million next year. Any competing Stanley Cup team would be interested in still one of the top defenseman in the league with leadership and SC experience.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
0% chance he plays overseas this year right?

I would not say 0%; however, if December 1 comes and he has not signed, I suspect there would be a good chance that he goes to Europe. I figure he will sign with the jets before the deadline

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Don't kid yourself, Chara could be moved this year by the deadline or by the draft. He might waive his NMC for another cup. He has a bigger cap hit this year, but only 4 Million next year. Any competing Stanley Cup team would be interested in still one of the top defenseman in the league with leadership and SC experience.

Who's that? Because it sure isn't Chara, he's a shell of his former self at this point.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Chara has the value of a 3rd round pick to a competing team at the deadline. Maybe.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Who's that? Because it sure isn't Chara, he's a shell of his former self at this point.

Is he the same player who helped completely and utterly shut down your Penguins in 2013? No.

Is he still a very effective player? Yes.

Provided they have cap space, there are 29 other teams that would take him in a heartbeat. His cap hit also goes down to a more manageable 4 million next season.

What would he get at the deadline has more to do with the trade market at the time. He's not going to get a massive return or anything, and given his NTC, he'll probably have a preference of where he would go, also limiting his price tag. But anything less than a 2nd rounder at the deadline is absurd.

As part of a deal for Trouba however, isn't realistic at all.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Has Chara+ been discussed yet?

Chara-Myers
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Chiarot / Stuart / Postma / Morrissey

I assume Boston would do it for the right price. Would the Jets? They'd have to think they can make a run or two. How is Hellebuyck holding up so far?

I keep hearing "Jets need LHD and LHD prospects"... what about Chara+Zboril for Trouba? Carlo is RHD but looks promising. Maybe the Jets consider Chara+Carlo for Trouba? Or Chara+BOS 1st?

I was also thinking about Senyshen, DeBrusk, Lauzon, Subban, but I don't think a lot of those are what Winnipeg would want. Jets might ask for Pastrnak or McAvoy but Bruins probably hang up.

No way would Cheveldayoff want an aging Chara, It's not like Winnipeg is competing this year any ways or maybe even next year. Chara to Winnipeg would definitely be a no go.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Is he the same player who helped completely and utterly shut down your Penguins in 2013? No.

Provided they have cap space, there are 29 other teams that would take him in a heartbeat. His cap hit also goes down to a more manageable 4 million next season.

What would he get at the deadline has more to do with the trade market at the time. He's not going to get a massive return or anything, and given his NTC, he'll probably have a preference of where he would go, also limiting his price tag. But anything less than a 2nd rounder at the deadline is absurd.

I wouldn't be at all interested in Chara on the Penguins, even if they had the cap space for him. So the idea that 29 teams would be interested in him is just laughable to be honest. Is the expansion draft not happening now or something?

In reality, Chara is a heavily declining player that is required to be protected from the expansion draft, which makes his value basically nothing. I would be shocked for any teams to be interested in him if he were made available because of his contract.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Watching Chara at the World Cup was upsetting as a hockey fan.
At this point, he's still a warrior but at best a #4 (and dropping).
He's still useful because of his shot, work in the corners/in front of the net and leadership but his speed makes him a liability from the top of the O-zone circle to the top of the D-zone circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad