Proposal: Trouba Mega thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
What is the point of internet fans making trade proposals? You can pump up the value of your team's assets and denigrate another team's assets all you want but it has zero bearing on the actual trade.

)

It's to help/influence the 30 GMs who are reading this thread to get trade ideas :D

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Good question.

It's fun to be ahead of things, and you can actually get a better understanding of the value of players around the league from these threads by sorting thru the chaff.

For example, Luke Schenn going to the Kings seemed like an obvious move for months before it actually happened, and I posted about it. I had to deal with trolls who claimed he had no value and would be out of the league after the 15-16 season, but it was worth it when he ended up in LA.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Lots of time for deal before Trouba loses season, agent says

Overhardt said Monday that if nothing happens before Dec. 1, there’s "obviously a plan in place."

"We have to contemplate everything, but it’s not something we are going to discuss as it involves our client and it’s a private matter," he said, adding he'd spoken with Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff earlier in the day. "Any of the conversations we have with (the Jets) are very amicable and those are private, too."

Overhardt said Trouba, who is training privately at home in Michigan, won't be saying anything publicly until after the situation is resolved.

"He’s just trying to be a pro and he wants to stay out of the media," Overhardt said.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...397485031.html

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
That is one I would likely do as a Jets fan

And I would not. Since when has Gardiner got that good that he would be the main piece coming back in a trade like that. A couple years ago he was in just about every second trade offer from the Tor fans. Sure he has good possession stats & all that, but there's no way he's 75% of the player Trouba is or will be.

Perhaps if there was a promising LHD prospect included, I could be swayed. But we have no need for a forward like Kapannen - dime a dozen in our organization.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
That is one I would likely do as a Jets fan

As a Leafs fan this would completely depend on what kind of deal Trouba is willing to take right now. If its matching Reilly than I do it. If its for anything north of 5.5 im getting hesitant as I think Nylander Marner Matthews will all be expensive and we will need to have our D locked up on long cap friendly contracts.

One thing that would entice me is if we could include Polak for a late pick for cap reasons, also gives the Jets another RHD who has been decent over the last two years.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
And I would not. Since when has Gardiner got that good that he would be the main piece coming back in a trade like that. A couple years ago he was in just about every second trade offer from the Tor fans. Sure he has good possession stats & all that, but there's no way he's 75% of the player Trouba is or will be.

Perhaps if there was a promising LHD prospect included, I could be swayed. But we have no need for a forward like Kapannen - dime a dozen in our organization.

Quite typical response.

Showing ignorance of an other team's established player. Check.

Calling a 20 year old 1st round pick with potential as 'dime a dozen'. Check.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Lots of time for deal before Trouba loses season, agent says

Overhardt said Monday that if nothing happens before Dec. 1, there’s "obviously a plan in place."

"We have to contemplate everything, but it’s not something we are going to discuss as it involves our client and it’s a private matter," he said, adding he'd spoken with Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff earlier in the day. "Any of the conversations we have with (the Jets) are very amicable and those are private, too."

Overhardt said Trouba, who is training privately at home in Michigan, won't be saying anything publicly until after the situation is resolved.

"He’s just trying to be a pro and he wants to stay out of the media," Overhardt said.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...397485031.html

"Obviously there's a plan in place" does that sound like a guy willing to sit out the season? First cracks showing!

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Gardiner significantly improved with proper coaching. He's a solid top 4 now, potentially more as he continues to develop.

Kap - While I a knowledge a lhd prospect is more attractive for us, Kap isn't a dime a dozen prospect. He prospects to be a very smart 2/3rd liner. But as I stated I would prefer a lhd prospect instead but that doesn't mean Kap is crap prospect.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Ryan Murray for Jacob Trouba

Then Dubinsky+Savard for RNH+Fayne

Jenner-RNH-Atkinson
Saad-Wennberg-Foligno
Hartnell-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Gagner-Anderson
Sedlak

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Trouba
Goloubef-Fayne
Harrington/Prout

The Jackets can afford losing Murray if it means a 1C (RNH) is coming back and an upgrade (Trouba) over Savard at RHD is coming back as well. They are stacked at LD in their prospect pipeline (Carlsson, Nutivaara, Heatherington, Peeke), and a future center depth of RNH-Dubois-Wennberg is quite solid.

I think the Jets would be interested in something around Murray and Trouba.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
"Obviously there's a plan in place" does that sound like a guy willing to sit out the season? First cracks showing!

Yup. Plan B is come back to the Jets and beg for a contract.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Me too. I like that trade a lot.

I could get behind Trouba 4 Gardiner and Kap, just unsure if the prospect aspect fits Jets needs; He's a talented guy no doubt. Pairing Rielly with Trouba potentially is very appealing obviously.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I really can't wait to come to the Trade board and not see Troubas name.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ryan Murray for Jacob Trouba

Then Dubinsky+Savard for RNH+Fayne

Jenner-RNH-Atkinson
Saad-Wennberg-Foligno
Hartnell-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Gagner-Anderson
Sedlak

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Trouba
Goloubef-Fayne
Harrington/Prout

The Jackets can afford losing Murray if it means a 1C (RNH) is coming back and an upgrade (Trouba) over Savard at RHD is coming back as well. They are stacked at LD in their prospect pipeline (Carlsson, Nutivaara, Heatherington, Peeke), and a future center depth of RNH-Dubois-Wennberg is quite solid.

Neutral fan. This actually isn't terrible.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Gardiner significantly improved with proper coaching. He's a solid top 4 now, potentially more as he continues to develop.

Kap - While I a knowledge a lhd prospect is more attractive for us, Kap isn't a dime a dozen prospect. He prospects to be a very smart 2/3rd liner. But as I stated I would prefer a lhd prospect instead but that doesn't mean Kap is crap prospect.

Never said he was a crap prospect, just that we have absolutely positively no need for another winger prospect.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Never said he was a crap prospect, just that we have absolutely positively no need for another winger prospect.

Agreed, no need for more forward prospects. Ideally needs to be a lhd prospect with Gardiner

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Leafs probably won't move Nielsen or Dermott at this time. Loov and Valiev would be available, but maybe not what you're looking for.

Likely the plus (even if we need to add to it or exchange it with another piece) with Gardiner would be something we could convert into a LHD prospect from another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad