Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
for

Trouba?

OR

Zuccarello & Skeij

for Trouba

?

Sorry don't know how to bring forward posts from the previous thread.

This proposal has been kicking around for a while & seems to have some buy-in on both sides. Some, but not enough. Forwards are not what we need (especially wingers) but if that's the best we can do, we may yet go for it.

I'd say JT Miller or Buchnevich + Skeij + 2nd rd pick
has a chance, but I'd want to see McIlrath in there instead of the 2nd rounder.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
for

Trouba?

OR

Zuccarello & Skeij

for Trouba

?

This proposal has been kicking around for a while & seems to have some buy-in on both sides. Some, but not enough. Forwards are not what we need (especially wingers) but if that's the best we can do, we may yet go for it.

If Gorton trades both skjei and buchnevich he's insane. I think if he trades either he's insane.
I would much rather wait for shatty and suffer without a good Right side defensive corp for the year.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Cheveldayoff is seeking a top 4 LHD for Trouba Skjei is a bottom pairing guy. Chevy can get better then Skjei if Skjei is the best the Rangers can do then the Rangers aren't a fit for Trouba.

You feel Skjei is a bottom pairing defenseman now or you feel that's where he will be down the line?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
for

Trouba?

OR

Zuccarello & Skeij

for Trouba

?

I wouldnt do Zucc+skjei as a NYR fan.

I would do Miller/Hayes(you can pick)+Skjei for Trouba

Zucc is extremely valuable for us and wants nothing else than to be a NYR. Still under 30 and will want to play here for the rest of his career. Has already taken some big discounts to stay in NY. Can easily see him doing it again in the next contract in 3 years. If he can give us 5-7 more years as a top line winger keeping him is prefered imo.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
You feel Skjei is a bottom pairing defenseman now or you feel that's where he will be down the line?

He is a bottom pair now, great skater but needs time to develop. Can easily turn into a solid top 4. Needs to learn how to get the most out of his skating and puck moving skills. His first real year in the NHL this season, he will be a solid player!

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
for

Trouba?

OR

Zuccarello & Skeij

for Trouba

?

There is zero chance of that happening from the Rangers perspective. Buch is the only guy we have with legitimate 1st line potential. Miller + Skjei is about the most I can see coming from us. I understand if Winnipeg wants more. I just don't see the Rangers willing to give up more than that and I think part of it has to do with us not being the best trading partners. Both teams have plenty of forwards.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
but

Cheveldayoff is seeking a top 4 LHD for Trouba Skjei is a bottom pairing guy. Chevy can get better then Skjei if Skjei is the best the Rangers can do then the Rangers aren't a fit for Trouba.

skjei is on third pair cause McD and staal are ahead of him.. despite what the children say on this board staal has been solid and if he is paired with a legit puck mover he will be that much better. he polices his own end very well and makes a good first pass.

skjei is also exempt, has proven he could step in in the playoffs last year against Pitt., big, fast, and mobile. his offensive out put is the biggest question mark of his game.
enstrom,morrienssy, skjei would be a damn good left side for the jets. add him with a forward like Zuc to play on a line with laine and that's a damn good haul for the jets. I don't know if gorton and Co. would pull the trigger on that trade but i think it's fair value and addresses both team's needs. Lowry might have to be put in the trade to send another warm body capable of playing 4th line back, but the value is close

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Yeah, once a thread is closed you can't even open a second window & cut out portions of a reply to insert.

However you can cut & paste within the confines of another users ID like so:

Get serious guys. Fowler and a half decent or even decent prospect isn't going to cut it -- its been proposed half a million times

I just found your user id "
"

then pasted text from the last thread

and closed the quote (I didn't close this quote so you could visualize what i did)

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
He's definitely bottom pairing now, With the potential to be top 4 in the future.

He stepped in to the top 4 during the playoffs and played well. Hes struggled a bit early on this year as he was really sick and lost 8-10 pounds before training camp IIRC.

If he was a RHD he would already be in the top 4. I know people here love to **** all over Marc Staal but he is picking up from where he left off last year and has had a great start to the season, hence why Skjei is stuck on the bottom pairing.

Staal looks more like the Marc Staal of 3-4 years ago than the guy from early last year and that doesn't bode well for Skjei moving up in the D pairings any time soon.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
What is the point of internet fans making trade proposals? You can pump up the value of your team's assets and denigrate another team's assets all you want but it has zero bearing on the actual trade.

Is it to crow after the fact that you more correctly pegged the value of a player? It seems rather trollish.

I never make trade proposals since it seems like a pointless exercise but I must confess, I do enjoy laughing at rampant homerism found in awful trade proposals in order to fictionally win a trade with another fan base.

I guess I am enjoying this thread immensely. :)

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Yeah, once a thread is closed you can't even open a second window & cut out portions of a reply to insert.

However you can cut & paste within the confines of another users ID like so:

I just found your user id "
"

then pasted text from the last thread

and closed the quote (I didn't close this quote so you could visualize what i did)

Thanks, makes sense - I think:)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't have a good read on Skjei, but if he is a bona fide prospect for top-4 down the road then I could see something around Miller + Skjei plus something for Trouba.

It really depends on how the Jets view Skjei.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Don't see any team having that LHD to trade. At least one that meets the criteria that a team would get rid of. The purpose is probably to add Trouba to that.
They are either to old, to young (no experience) or Jet fans don't like them.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He's definitely bottom pairing now, With the potential to be top 4 in the future.

And unfortunately the Rangers aren't really in position to trade a guy with top 4 potential on the defensive end. Yes trouba is terrific but so is shattenkirk and if they free up money they have a good chance of getting him for Zero assets. Doesn't seem like the jets are willing to make a trade unless they get a young terrific left dman back .

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
And unfortunately the Rangers aren't really in position to trade a guy with top 4 potential on the defensive end. Yes trouba is terrific but so is shattenkirk and if they free up money they have a good chance of getting him for Zero assets. Doesn't seem like the jets are willing to make a trade unless they get a young terrific left dman back .

I think they are willing to trade for other things, but it has to include a piece that will have a big impact right now, or an equal impact that Trouba would have if he were playing (ie. top pairing). If it's a forward, he needs to be better than Ehlers, Wheeler, Laine, Scheifele, etc and I haven't really seen a realistic proposal that includes that plus a probable top 4 NHL d-man prospect.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Ryan Murray for Jacob Trouba

Then Dubinsky+Savard for RNH+Fayne

Jenner-RNH-Atkinson
Saad-Wennberg-Foligno
Hartnell-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Gagner-Anderson
Sedlak

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Trouba
Goloubef-Fayne
Harrington/Prout

The Jackets can afford losing Murray if it means a 1C (RNH) is coming back and an upgrade (Trouba) over Savard at RHD is coming back as well. They are stacked at LD in their prospect pipeline (Carlsson, Nutivaara, Heatherington, Peeke), and a future center depth of RNH-Dubois-Wennberg is quite solid.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
What is the point of internet fans making trade proposals? You can pump up the value of your team's assets and denigrate another team's assets all you want but it has zero bearing on the actual trade.

Good question.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think they are willing to trade for other things, but it has to include a piece that will have a big impact right now, or an equal impact that Trouba would have if he were playing (ie. top pairing). If it's a forward, he needs to be better than Ehlers, Wheeler, Laine, Scheifele, etc and I haven't really seen a realistic proposal that includes that plus a probable top 4 NHL d-man prospect.

Fair enough. gotta probably include a third team to trade with but we know how hard that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad