Eklund Rumor: Trouba for Krug, prospects AND picks?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Chevy is good at what he does and won't get ripped off by making a panic move like the Bruins did with Hamilton.

So you call adding 3 of our top 10 prospects for a guy that wanted out of Boston getting " ripped off " ???? :shakehead And let's not forget that one of the reasons he wanted out of Boston is that Bruins Management wouldn't bring in his big brother like Dougie wanted them to.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
So you call adding 3 of our top 10 prospects for a guy that wanted out of Boston getting " ripped off " ???? :shakehead And let's not forget that one of the reasons he wanted out of Boston is that Bruins Management wouldn't bring in his big brother like Dougie wanted them to.

Okay, You're right. I should have said "traded him for less that full value."

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Okay, You're right. I should have said "traded him for less that full value."

Could they have done better - absolutely but Hamilton wasn't going to re-sign with Boston and Boston management thought ( and I agree ) that having an unhappy player around wasn't going to be a good thing. And remember this - Sweeney actually got more in return with the trade than he would have if Hamilton signed an Offer Sheet as was widely speculated. And at least Boston got more back than they did with the Seguin deal. You won't see me trying to justify that one. :thumbd:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
If there are 29 GM's looking at acquiring Trouba, then that's 29 bidders. That would be the absolute ideal situation for the Jets. Can/Will Trouba's value drop. Absolutely. He still isn't getting traded until the Jets get what they want. Now....what the Jets want can fluctuate as well depending on how things play out. I know RHD are a hot commodity and the Jets hold all the cards in this situation so playing it slow could very much work out in their favor.

Heck, a couple of injuries could happen as the season starts and his value could skyrocket. Will that happen, more than likely not. Point being the situation is completely fluid and the Jets hold all the cards.

The Bruins got what they wanted out of that deal. I believe they were also under the gun as an offer sheet was a very realistic possibility. Not so much in Troubas case as the Jets either get 4 1sts or they just match the offer.

They may trade him at 50% at some point if they believe they are in a bind. I believe that his value hitting 50% is a long ways away though. Chevy is a patient man.

How long do you let an asset sit on the bench with no production in the regular season before dropping the ask? 5 games? 20? As he sits Winnipeg has a player that could be helping them win not playing. And that same player could be traded for a player that'll help win games. They have a chip right now. If Winnipeg starts cold, they may be forced to cash it in at less value than its worth right? Like say they are 4-12. Pressure rises to move him?

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
How long do you let an asset sit on the bench with no production in the regular season before dropping the ask? 5 games? 20? As he sits Winnipeg has a player that could be helping them win not playing. And that same player could be traded for a player that'll help win games. They have a chip right now. If Winnipeg starts cold, they may be forced to cash it in at less value than its worth right? Like say they are 4-12. Pressure rises to move him?

If they start 4-12, playoff hopes are over. No rush at all in that case.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
This move doesn't make much sense for Boston, especially when you factor in the fact that their future is on the right side with Carlo and McAvoy along with Colin Miller. Trouba would be a great add, but that would not be dealing from a position of strength or make much sense.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I would really like to see this move, in combination with a move for Fowler.

Spooner & Colin Miller for Fowler

Krug & DeBrusk (or similar value prospect) for Trouba

Boston rolls with this now...

Fowler-Trouba
Chara-K.Miller
Liles-McQuaid

Next year, they can only protect Fowler, Trouba & Chara (have to). So figure either McQuaid or K.Miller are gone. Then they can hope that some of their prospects can make the leap to play bottom pairing minutes and develop without pressure.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would really like to see this move, in combination with a move for Fowler.

Spooner & Colin Miller for Fowler

Krug & DeBrusk (or similar value prospect) for Trouba

Boston rolls with this now...

Fowler-Trouba
Chara-K.Miller
Liles-McQuaid

Next year, they can only protect Fowler, Trouba & Chara (have to). So figure either McQuaid or K.Miller are gone. Then they can hope that some of their prospects can make the leap to play bottom pairing minutes and develop without pressure.

Spooner looks very good so far this year and could be a break out year for him, would not have to add to move him. As for Krug I think a small add could get Trouba as to me Krug is not that far away from Trouba in talent so maybe Krug + Griffith.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
As much as I'd like it to be Boston, I don't think it's going to be. The Boston brass is gun shy right now in regards to potential trades of their young crop of players. They want to stay patient and let them progress but they're also mindful of the " give to get " reality in trades and that the team's biggest weak link right now is a top 4, RHD. At the end of the day, I think another team is going to step up and give the Jets a better offer than the Bruins can piece together.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
If they start 4-12, playoff hopes are over. No rush at all in that case.

I don't understand this mentality. I get that you don't want to give Trouba away for nothing but you almost seem accepting of a 4-12 start when you have an asset that could benefit the team.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
It's possible with Trouba on the team that the Jets can start 4-12 as the Jets have had bad starts in the past.

Don't worry your pretty little head, the Trouba trade will benefit the Jets either way. :)

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
It's possible with Trouba on the team that the Jets can start 4-12 as the Jets have had bad starts in the past.

Don't worry your pretty little head, the Trouba trade will benefit the Jets either way. :)

if the pretty little head comment if for this fifty two year old grizzly bearded man I'm not sure if I should say thank you or pound salt. :)

Glad you know that the Trouba trade is going to benefit the Jets either way. Wish I had your psychotic powers

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I don't understand this mentality. I get that you don't want to give Trouba away for nothing but you almost seem accepting of a 4-12 start when you have an asset that could benefit the team.

I'm not accepting or expecting a 4-12 start. I am saying that if the start is bad enough, this whole thing could actually backfire on Trouba and there might be reduced incentive to improve the team (i.e. it'll be soft tank o'clock). I was responding to someone that suggested a poor start would ratchet up the pressure on Chevy.

By the way, a 4-12 start is likely a death sentence for any team in terms of making the playoffs. If you assume that you need 96 points to make the playoffs, a team would have to go something like 42-20-4 over the last 66 games of the season. That is a tall order for a team that starts 4-12.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
if the pretty little head comment if for this fifty two year old grizzly bearded man I'm not sure if I should say thank you or pound salt. :)

Glad you know that the Trouba trade is going to benefit the Jets either way. Wish I had your psychotic powers

This is addition by a subtraction. Teams have players that have checked out long before they were physically gone.

Ladd and Trouba nice recent examples of this. Other teams have had them as well, but most fans are in denial of such things and it is blasphemous to say out loud; much less inform other fan bases of such situations and make them believe.

Jets won't miss Trouba(a lot of fans will), Trade is more than welcomed and entertaining.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Spooner looks very good so far this year and could be a break out year for him, would not have to add to move him. As for Krug I think a small add could get Trouba as to me Krug is not that far away from Trouba in talent so maybe Krug + Griffith.

Doesn't Griffith have to go through waivers? WPG has about 16 Fs already better than him, so you'd be adding a guy they'd just waive.

I agree the add to Krug wouldn't be a ton, but it should be something that actually offers value to the other team.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Doesn't Griffith have to go through waivers? WPG has about 16 Fs already better than him, so you'd be adding a guy they'd just waive.

I agree the add to Krug wouldn't be a ton, but it should be something that actually offers value to the other team.

Jets need D. Carlo is too much. Lauzon?

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
What if they start 7-3-1?

Not sure. Depends on perspective. I was just disagreeing with the notion that a really poor start ups the pressure on Chevy to do something with Trouba. I would argue that a mediocre start puts the most pressure on him. A good start? Not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00