Proposal: Trouba for Ekblad

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I do,he sucks. He has his moments, his not physical, he's a turnovers machine and he was better at 19 years old.

People thinking Trouba is the lesser piece here are not watching Ekblad playing. Trouba is free this summer but he is 10x better in every aspect than Ekblad.

Only thing Ekblad can do is shot on PP and pray he will score 15 so it boosts his stats

10x better, no hyperbole here folks!! Ekblad is a good top pairing defenceman. No he’s not developed to the Norris defender everyone expected. The OP is solid though if Trouba must be moved

Reactions: Laus723

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Do you have a reference for that rumor? I've not seen anything solid in that regard.
I guess you don't understand the difference between a "rumor" and a "report". This rumor has been discussed on these forums for at least a couple years now.

Peter Tagli Eddie

All 3 of them?
Apr 14, 2009
I guess you don't understand the difference between a "rumor" and a "report". This rumor has been discussed on these forums for at least a couple years now.

One thing I'll give Trouba credit for is keeping his cards close to his chest. My wife and her friend sat in front of Scheifele's dad and Morrissey's dad last year. She heard them say that even Josh and Mark don't know what Jacob's true intentions are. If his own teammates don't know, then it stands to reason that none of us know. I do find it highly suspect that he hasn't told his teammates anything. Seems like someone who might have intentions of leaving.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
One thing I'll give Trouba credit for is keeping his cards close to his chest. My wife and her friend sat in front of Scheifele's dad and Morrissey's dad last year. She heard them say that even Josh and Mark don't know what Jacob's true intentions are. If his own teammates don't know, then it stands to reason that none of us know. I do find it highly suspect that he hasn't told his teammates anything. Seems like someone who might have intentions of leaving.
Yep, it is hard to figure out that guy and his agent. But knowing Chevy, I'm sure he knows what up and I'm sure he has a plan.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Well if it's a rumour on Hfboards I guess it must be true then

He's bought a condo in FLA and isn't his gf/fiance from there as well? Not saying that's 100% proof but one could assume DET, NYR and FLA would be on his list if money is his motivation. Wouldn't be surprised if he's asking $9-10 million on the open market. Will probably settle around $8.5 million if he wants to be on a contender. FLA have the added tax relief as incentive too.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
He's bought a condo in FLA and isn't his gf/fiance from there as well? Not saying that's 100% proof but one could assume DET, NYR and FLA would be on his list if money is his motivation. Wouldn't be surprised if he's asking $9-10 million on the open market. Will probably settle around $8.5 million if he wants to be on a contender. FLA have the added tax relief as incentive too.
You are correct sir. Trouba's GF is going to medical school in either Florida or NY. And Trouba is from the Detroit area.

Trouba was rumored to be asking for $8 mill last years you are right in that he probably wants a little more now. 8 years x $8.5 sounds about right.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad