Proposal: Trouba for Bouchard

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Oh, the lazy and misinformed 'Trouba does not produce' narrative is back. 1.22 ES points per hour, one of the highest producers of ixG among defensemen... but still not good offensively. Love this.

Unless Trouba is seen walking in a '**** the Oilers' T-shirt, they do this deal any day of the week. Trouba is already at a level which Bouchard is extremely unlikely to ever get to.
TROUBA WILL NOT SIGN IN EDMONTON. 1-2 YEARS OF TROUBA ISNT WORTH A BLUECHIP D PROSPECT. Not too hard to understand ffs. No way Edmonton does this deal for that reason. Case closed.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
TROUBA WILL NOT SIGN IN EDMONTON. 1-2 YEARS OF TROUBA ISNT WORTH A BLUECHIP D PROSPECT. Not too hard to understand ffs. No way Edmonton does this deal for that reason. Case closed.
Is this a crystal ball take, or do you happen to know Trouba personally?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
A guy they just drafted and have high hopes for, cost controlled, for a UFA wanting 8 or so million if he sticks around? Yeah, sounds like a deal Oilers should entertain... Did you even think about this?

I think it's completely the terrible move your GM would consider and likely do. Hell, he'd even throw in a first

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If he isnt committing long term to a top 3 team in the league in the city of Winnipeg. Then he sure as hell isnt committing long term to a bottom 15 team in a city with shittier weather but a bit nicer than Winnipeg. He wants to be in the US, an east coast team to be exact. I think that he either goes to Detroit or near his Fiance to the Panthers or Bolts. 3 teams.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

This board is pretty much built for people to speculate... And it's not that far out of the realm of possibility to believe Trouba wants to be somewhere specific. Doesn't make sense what's going on between him and Winnipeg considering the team is very good and only looks to be getting better.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
You know what "on record" means, right? Also, he's signed two extensions with a Canadian team.

I wish I could remember where I'd read quotes saying that Trouba had no interest in signing long term for a Canadian team. Yes, I understand what "on record" means... 2 extensions as a RFA, with no real term involved (2 year and 1 year extensions when he had no options other than holding out, due to lack of arbitration eligibility), but hey, thanks for the attention to detail!

As is, a 1 year rental isn't worth a high end dman prospect - Trouba (or his agent) seem hell bent on hitting free agency and getting away from Winnipeg.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oh, the lazy and misinformed 'Trouba does not produce' narrative is back. 1.22 ES points per hour, one of the highest producers of ixG among defensemen... but still not good offensively. Love this.

Unless Trouba is seen walking in a '**** the Oilers' T-shirt, they do this deal any day of the week. Trouba is already at a level which Bouchard is extremely unlikely to ever get to.

‘Here are some cherry picked stats that confirm what I would like to believe, please like my player’

A career high of 33 points is a career high of 33 points, no matter how many times you spitshine the ol ‘but points per 60! argument. Points per 60 when applied to defencemen punishes the REAL #1 defencemen who are playing an extra 5 minutes a night in their own zone, being the go-to on special teams, and defending in key situations.

Edmonton doesn’t touch this with a 100 foot pole. Even if he would sign here he thinks he’s worth 8 million and I would hate to be the team giving him that.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Oilers need defensive help now. Jets have Buff, Meyers and Poolman on right side for a few more years. Bouchard steps in to replace Buff when his contract expires (or sooner if promoted early). Niku also in the wings..

Trouba would likely not re sign with Edm.
If he did sign long term he would cost too much for our cap situation.
I dont value Trouba as a player any where near as much as he values himself
In other words no thanks

Reactions: 780il

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
You know what "on record" means, right? Also, he's signed two extensions with a Canadian team.

Yes he did. When he had no other choice other than to not play or try to force a trade. Neither of those extensions ate up a single UFA year. While nothing official has been said it seems like he is planning on going to ufa and has little interest in signing with a Canadian team.

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
As eloquently described by Bertrand Russell just before he blasted off a teapot into orbit somewhere between Earth and Mars.

Love the fact that someone is refering to Russell's teapot on these boards! Kudos!

Last edited:
Reactions: Romang67

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
‘Here are some cherry picked stats that confirm what I would like to believe, please like my player’

A career high of 33 points is a career high of 33 points, no matter how many times you spitshine the ol ‘but points per 60! argument. Points per 60 when applied to defencemen punishes the REAL #1 defencemen who are playing an extra 5 minutes a night in their own zone, being the go-to on special teams, and defending in key situations.

Edmonton doesn’t touch this with a 100 foot pole. Even if he would sign here he thinks he’s worth 8 million and I would hate to be the team giving him that.
In that case, go ahead and credit Trouba for being more than a real #1, for he actually plays those hard defensive minutes, PKs and still has a high P/60 at evens.

Wondering what you will come up with next.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
An elite dman prospect (best outside of Dahlin in ten years) for 3rd pairing dman. Jets fans are hilarious
The f*** did I just read?

I guess Victor Hedman, Seth Jones, Miro Heiskanen, Mikhail Sergachev, etc just don’t exist lol. And Trouba is a #1 dman not third pair.

Neither team does this, jets could get more from an east team and oilers both can’t afford and wouldn’t be likely to be able to keep Trouba.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I wish I could remember where I'd read quotes saying that Trouba had no interest in signing long term for a Canadian team. Yes, I understand what "on record" means... 2 extensions as a RFA, with no real term involved (2 year and 1 year extensions when he had no options other than holding out, due to lack of arbitration eligibility), but hey, thanks for the attention to detail!

As is, a 1 year rental isn't worth a high end dman prospect - Trouba (or his agent) seem hell bent on hitting free agency and getting away from Winnipeg.
I wish you remembered it, too. Seeing as you can't, I'm just going to have to assume that you're making it up.

Or perhaps you read someone sharing their opinion in an editorial or more likely, a thread on this website and mistook it for a quote. He's not "on record" on this subject.

Seeing as we're paying attention to detail, you said he will not do something. I said he did. Twice. Attach all the 'yeah buts' you want, but never is fewer times than 2.

I don't really care what you think his trade value is, and I don't remember bringing the subject up, but if he's a rental, it's two years, not one.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Things I have learned from this thread.
Trouba is a 3rd pairing D.
It's better to be an elite prospect D forever than to actually play in the NHL as a 3rd pairing D like Trouba.

This is the difference between board posting and elite board posting.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
The OP makes zero sense for either team . The Oilers need cheap young players on ELC and the Jets can get more for Trouba from a team he will actually sign with . Trade him to an american team that he will resign with and have them negotiate a contract with him first . Bang just like that the Jets increased Trouba return 3 fold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad