Trotz's shade on Shattenkirk "I think everybody thought of him as a 1-2, and he really wasn't."

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017

he means here

I thought his usage of the word "just" made it pretty obvious that he posted right after the 4th goal. Which was on McDonut not on Shattenkirk.

As for the 3rd goal, to say that Shattenkirk got "burned" by Wilson is a bit of a stretch.

If you want to put the blame on Shattenkirk on the 3rd goal put it on the terrible outlet pass and not on the crappy pinch.
If that's getting "burned" then we would be skating on water because that stuff happens throughout the game.

But carry on with the narrative.

Shattenkirk has been fine. The outlet pass was a brainfart and it cost them. Shit happens.
Not going to throw him under the bus for it.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I don't get it. How is it "shade" or whatever it's called now . To say Caps deadline acquisition was poor for them?

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
What does that have to do with my post and the sentence I quoted?

But yeah, bro. Shatty was great tonight. Really corsi'd it up for his team. Honestly probably his best game for the Caps yet.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Take a peek into the NYR Post Game thread.

Are you unable to form your own opinion?

Looking into a team's messageboard after a loss is never a good idea and far from an objective place to read a game let alone a player.

Are you guys seriously high fiving each other saying "see Trotz was right man!!!" ?

What are you gaining from this?

I watched the game and Shattenkirk looked find for the most part. Not sure what is so controversial about that.

Enjoy your regular season win.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
What about it?

Are you just trying to intentionally act stupid? Do you not know how the English language works?

You said: "I don’t know how anyone watched that game and thought Shattenkirk was bad"
I said: "Take a peek into the NYR Post Game thread."

Can you not put 2 and 2 together? Or do I need to break it down even further and post quotes from the Rangers post game thread where Shattenkirk is getting shit on?

Reactions: GoCaps2004

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Looking into a team's messageboard after a loss is never a good idea and far from an objective place to read a game let alone a player.

Are you guys seriously high fiving each other saying "see Trotz was right man!!!" ?

I watched the game and Shattenkirk looked find for the most part. Not sure what is so controversial about that.

He was. People search for reasons to diss him just like they do with Karlsson, Yandle, Subban, and every other defenseman who scored a lot of points.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

To be quite honest with you, many Caps fans have bad memories of Shattenkirk because he is synonymous with the team that went all-in only to come up short again. I don't hate Shattenkirk, I liked what he did with us, but there's no denying that he was terrible for us in the playoffs. What Trotz said is right. He is not a top pairing D. We've seen as much of Shattenkirk as the Rangers fans have. He is very good offensively but he's like a 3rd pairing D defensively. I think Shattenkirk is a #3 at best.

I really wish Trotz was wrong, it would've helped both the Caps and the Rangers after, but he isn't wrong about that one.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
He asked a question... I gave an answer... What exactly are you taking offense to?

Not sure what gave you the idea I am "offended", if anything it's pretty amusing considering that you sound pretty upset after a win.

He gave you his opinion on how Shattenkirk played and you told him to read other people's opinion. The logic isn't very sound.

As I said, enjoy the win. It's the little joys in life that count. I'm happy for you.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Are you just trying to intentionally act stupid? Do you not know how the English language works?

You said: "I don’t know how anyone watched that game and thought Shattenkirk was bad"
I said: "Take a peek into the NYR Post Game thread."

Can you not put 2 and 2 together? Or do I need to break it down even further and post quotes from the Rangers post game thread where Shattenkirk is getting **** on?
It was rhetorical. It’s pretty obvious in this thread that the real reason is people just flat out don’t like him.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
To be quite honest with you, many Caps fans have bad memories of Shattenkirk because he is synonymous with the team that went all-in only to come up short again. I don't hate Shattenkirk, I liked what he did with us, but there's no denying that he was terrible for us in the playoffs. What Trotz said is right. He is not a top pairing D. We've seen as much of Shattenkirk as the Rangers fans have. He is very good offensively but he's like a 3rd pairing D defensively. I think Shattenkirk is a #3 at best.

I really wish Trotz was wrong, it would've helped both the Caps and the Rangers after, but he isn't wrong about that one.

Fair enough, I can accept that.
I still think Shattenkirk is a fine player and one bad play today doesn't prove anything or anyone right about Shattenkirk being (as is implied by some in here) a terrible player.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Fair enough, I can accept that.
I still think Shattenkirk is a fine player and one bad play today doesn't prove anything or anyone wrong about Shattenkirk being (as is implied by some in here) a terrible player.

I think people are giving too much importance to Trotz's quote. Shattenkirk himself didn't seem to be offended by it. He's a fine player, just not one you can build your defense around. He's more of a complimentary piece.

McDonagh is the guy that the Rangers trust, just like the Caps put their trust in Carlson.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I think people are giving too much importance to Trotz's quote. Shattenkirk himself didn't seem to be offended by it. He's a fine player, just not one you can build your defense around. He's more of a complimentary piece.

McDonagh is the guy that the Rangers trust, just like the Caps put their trust in Carlson.

Honestly, I'm not sure if any Ranger fan really believes Shattenkirk to be the go to guy on defense.
I can only speak for myself but I expect offense from him and he has delivered so far in my opinion.
I'm happy with Shattenkirk, and I'm not too upset about Trotz' comments (although I found it a bit odd that a coach comments on an ex player).

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
He was. People search for reasons to diss him just like they do with Karlsson, Yandle, Subban, and every other defenseman who scored a lot of points.
He wasn't good tonight when it mattered.Him turning the puck over to Wilson then getting burned by him directly led to the game winning goal.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Feel bad for Shatty, having your previous coach say you suck and then get burned early and often by your old team has to really suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad