Trotz vs babcock

Trotz vs babcock

• Total voters

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Perfect summation. This is the way I see it for Babcock. A very good, even great regular season Coach. Playoffs, when one really digs deep into the talent at his disposal, and him not even being able to steal one rd since 2013. And only has one cup in 15 years of of coaching despite coaching some talented Red Wing and Anaheim teams. He is a bit of a hit and miss when playoffs are brought into the discussion.

He's the most overrated coach I've seen in decades. It's mind blowing how he can do no wrong in people's eyes.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Mike " First Round Knockout" Babcock hasn't won a round in five years. Trotz just won a cup. Furthermore, he's been to the second round four straight years.

The discussion ends there.

yeah the talent level on their teams over that time seems pretty similar, definitely.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Perfect summation. This is the way I see it for Babcock. A very good, even great regular season Coach. Playoffs, when one really digs deep into the talent at his disposal, and him not even being able to steal one rd since 2013. And only has one cup in 15 years of of coaching despite coaching some talented Red Wing and Anaheim teams. He is a bit of a hit and miss when playoffs are brought into the discussion.
Not that this will mean anything with the way you think, in the 2 Stanley Cup Finals that Babcock lost with the Ducks and Red Wings, those were in a Game 7. So he could very easily could be 3-0 in the Finals instead of 1-2.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Yeah but playoffs and 1st round exits. Toronto has a good team.
Tbh... with a d-core like the one we ran, matthews choking, and being without Kadri for 3 of the games, it's a surprise we even took that strong bruins team to game 7.

Babcock did get out coached i'd say that series so i'll give you that.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Going with Trotz. He’s not afraid to play his top players 1:30 on the PP and stack it.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I went Trotz. It might have been Babcock before Trotz recently winning the Stanley Cup, but even before that Trotz impressed me with what he did in Nashville.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
It's Babcock, stop being stupid. He's paid more, had more offers and hockey Canada when it needed to pick the best coach picked Babcock.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
It's Babcock, stop being stupid. He's paid more, had more offers and hockey Canada when it needed to pick the best coach picked Babcock.

What does his wage have to do with it? They all make more than 99% of the population, doesn't prove that he's the best.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
What does his wage have to do with it? They all make more than 99% of the population, doesn't prove that he's the best.

Why exactly do you think that capitalism doesn’t apply to coaching? There is a reason Babcock was so sought after after he left Detroit.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Why exactly do you think that capitalism doesn’t apply to coaching? There is a reason Babcock was so sought after after he left Detroit.

When did I say capitalism didn't apply to coaching? Most money =/= most proficient. There's plenty of free agents that are sought after and get signed to bigger contracts than their skill may justify, it's no different with coaching. Just because a team has cash to burn does not mean they always spend it wisely or efficiently.

Capitalism does not always create an efficient market. Especially since the NHL is not traditional capitalism. These are monopolies and in the case of MLSE they don't really need to worry about splurging.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Mike " First Round Knockout" Babcock hasn't won a round in five years. Trotz just won a cup. Furthermore, he's been to the second round four straight years.

The discussion ends there.

One coached a prime team, all players at their peak or close to it. The other is coaching a team with a core average age of 22.

It's okay though, not everyone is able to use reason when they comment. Doesn't make you a bad person.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

Same amount of Cups as Babs.
Made it to the 2nd round-big deal.

Will Trotz be coaching Canada in a best on best: No.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad