Trotz vs babcock

Trotz vs babcock

• Total voters

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Babcock has always been overrated. He is a good coach but not the best.

His systems are excruciating to watch with the holding and interference.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Babcock is pretty overrated and I hate his obsession of putting plugs on the top line

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Hyman isn't a plug and Komarov wasn't a plug until this season. I can see why Babcock gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I support Babcock wanting to spread the talent.

BTW, Tom Wilson was on Washington's top line.

Fair enough, I don't think Hyman is a plug either

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Hyman isn't a plug and Komarov wasn't a plug until this season. I can see why Babcock gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I support Babcock wanting to spread the talent.

BTW, Tom Wilson was on Washington's top line.

1. Hyman isn't a plug but he's definitely not a top 6 player

2. Wilson's a lot better than Hyman

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
For a while? 10 years to be exact.

Toronto should had went with a young fresh coach.
Uh no?

We just tied for 6th in the entire league like wtf, and majority of our core was 21 and under.

Last edited:

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
For a while? 10 years to be exact.

Toronto should had went with a young fresh coach.

They should have gone with someone who isn't an over-controlling, defense-obsessed, turn every player into a robot coach

I can't stand the guy.....I think he single-handedly brought the entertainment value of the NHL down a few notches, his time with Detroit was poison.

They went from a team full of character, piss and vinegar, to an Olympic hockey team that bored me to tears,

I couldn't watch their games, it was everything NHL hockey wasn't supposed to be,

And listening to commentators pleasuring themselves while watching Datsyuk's defensive game was downright gross.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah but playoffs and 1st round exits. Toronto has a good team.
So is Boston, and Washington -- whom finally won their first cup after like 13 years with their core.

Your expectations are a little high there my friend, but it'll happen.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This one is very close. Babcock is probably a tad overrated, his lack of playoff success has to be factored in, but there is no doubt he is still one of the NHL's best Coaches. Trotz' Stanley Cup win, elevates his coaching resume tenfold and recent playoff success having won atleast a playoff rd in every year he has made the playoffs, this is always a factor. Hard to choose one, either would not be an incorrect choice.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Mike " First Round Knockout" Babcock hasn't won a round in five years. Trotz just won a cup. Furthermore, he's been to the second round four straight years.

The discussion ends there.

Perfect summation. This is the way I see it for Babcock. A very good, even great regular season Coach. Playoffs, when one really digs deep into the talent at his disposal, and him not even being able to steal one rd since 2013. And only has one cup in 15 years of of coaching despite coaching some talented Red Wing and Anaheim teams. He is a bit of a hit and miss when playoffs are brought into the discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad