Confirmed with Link: Trotz to become GM

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
I guess Lauzon just got a shout out as a Leader? :dunno:
Trotzy had to look up his name on paper, could of been a Jeremy...Jeremy...Jeremy it doesn't matter Because he's not going to work here any more.

They keep mentioning the Assistant GMs taking other jobs, I would be looking around if I was them.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It's still kind of heart-warming to see these guys talking candidly and humanly for a change. They really should do a lot more of this kind of stuff more often. Poile and Trotz are just killing it in this PC. How could you not love these guys when they are talking like this?

Did they tell them that Hynes-related questions are off limits????

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Yeah that was really heartwarming to see.

I thought no comment on Hynes was interesting. And it was obvious in some of the comments from Poile there was a convo about Trotz coaching. Not sure if that was a slip or not, but that's not a small thing.

Another observation: the AGMs Brian, Kealty and Nichol being leaned on is interesting. Brian being our capoligist is also interesting. May explain a lot of the up and down. Movement of players this year.

May be reading too much into it, but I think Hynes is gone. I don't think, however, there is going to be major changes to the AGMs

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I'd be fine with Trotz as a coach but I think coach/GM combo would be a terrible choice.

My guess is that Hynes is coaching for his job. If he can manage to get us in the playoffs maybe he earns himself another year, but I also think Trotz will want to pick his own guy.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I'd be fine with Trotz as a coach but I think coach/GM combo would be a terrible choice.

My guess is that Hynes is coaching for his job. If he can manage to get us in the playoffs maybe he earns himself another year, but I also think Trotz will want to pick his own guy.
I don't think we gain anything by letting Hynes run it out. Trotz as coach/GM would make sense to close out this season, since it gives the team an experienced, quality coach, but also gives him a very close sense of what we've got on the big roster and who he'll want to build around. I can't imagine they envision it as a long-term idea.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I don't think we gain anything by letting Hynes run it out. Trotz as coach/GM would make sense to close out this season, since it gives the team an experienced, quality coach, but also gives him a very close sense of what we've got on the big roster and who he'll want to build around. I can't imagine they envision it as a long-term idea.

Yeah I suppose I would be on board with Trotz finishing the season out. Wonder if we see that after the trade deadline when things settle down on the GMing front.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I’d rather have a player coach than Trotz at this point. He needs to focus on his new real job.

With all of that said I’d rather just can Hynes and find a fill in. If we keep Hynes there’s always that insane chance we make the playoffs and win a round or two. Then we’re likely stuck with him.

Reactions: Enoch

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I really like this idea.

He did show in this PC that he's not totally familiar with the players.

I don't have any sense whatsoever that there is anything Hynes can possibly do at this point to salvage this season. There's nothing positive that's going to come from him running out the string. So yes indeed, give Trotz that extra peek into who his players are. There aren't many who were around when he was last here.

And for a modest-seeming guy like Poile... that's hair dye, right? It has been for a couple decades? I mean, I'm graying now, and I don't have those years yet... :mad:

Reactions: bdub24

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I think trotz is going to give hynes his idea of what the future looks like and lean on him to use the young pieces given to him. How he performs will determine if hes retained.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yeah that was really heartwarming to see.

I thought no comment on Hynes was interesting. And it was obvious in some of the comments from Poile there was a convo about Trotz coaching. Not sure if that was a slip or not, but that's not a small thing.

Another observation: the AGMs Brian, Kealty and Nichol being leaned on is interesting. Brian being our capoligist is also interesting. May explain a lot of the up and down. Movement of players this year.

May be reading too much into it, but I think Hynes is gone. I don't think, however, there is going to be major changes to the AGMs
I think Nichol definitely stays if he wants to. Hes definitely Trotz guy. Not sure if Kealty leaves for somewhere that he might see a path to the top job sooner

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I think trotz is going to give hynes his idea of what the future looks like and lean on him to use the young pieces given to him. How he performs will determine if hes retained.
My guess is that Hynes is as good as gone. New GM's want their own picks in place. They want every important hire to be theirs including the coach. I think Hynes is gone as soon as the last game is played and a coaching search conducted by Trotz gets underway.

Reactions: Enoch

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
My guess is that Hynes is as good as gone. New GM's want their own picks in place. They want every important hire to be theirs including the coach. I think Hynes is gone as soon as the last game is played and a coaching search conducted by Trotz gets underway.
The fact that they talked about everybody in the organization right down to the stick boy... yet not the coaching staff... speaks sufficient volumes to me about the likely fate of those guys.
:handclap:

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Late, but holy moly I am beyond amped for this. Poile has been a wonderful steward for an expansion franchise through its evolution as a near-contender and I can't imagine a better successor than Trotz. Barry is a good man and I think he will do a great job.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014

Should John Hynes be worried about his job?

Trotz: "John's a really good coach. Pretty good idea on the coaching staff, in terms of the assistant coaches. I have some relationships with them. They're all very, very good coaches.

"When I'm asked a question: 'Where is your team going? How long is it going to take?' I'd love to give you a defined answer but you really have to build a culture, an identity. That's what coaches do. That's what management does. Hopefully I can do that in assessing the coaches. 'Are these the right coaches for the players?' We're in a winning league. If our players continue to improve ... I'm watching some of these young Preds; they're getting better. So the coaching staff is doing something right.
"I can't say right now what's going to happen. I'm going to be 100% supporting the coaches. John, I've talked to John. We have a relationship. He's a good, young coach. He's done a really good job.

"You guys look at the results. As a coach, I look at it differently. I look at it from development, how players are handled. There's a lot that goes into it. There's a reason (Hynes) has been in the league seven, eight years now. That's a long time in this league."

Reactions: Cashville

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

Henry: "We don't do this very often."
Announce a new GM? No, I suppose you don't.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
His answer on Hynes seems diplomatic.

If Poile was planning on a move of this nature in the off-season, it would make sense NOT to fire the coach and give the team one more go around, especially with several forwards and d-men having career years (even with questions concerning coaching). It was a bad decision, but hopefully, Trotz will move on from this disaster of a coach.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I asked a question based on the current reporting. If Trotz is or isn't fully involved in these moves is not public information. It's tweet deep commentary from unofficial sources. What is out there is that Trotz has been working with Poile on the transition for weeks ... that he will be "immediately" involved ... hence the question.
He's been in since January not sure he orchestrated all the deals or not but he had to have some say in the matter if Poile has been showing him the ropes and all.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
For someone that talked about the importance of the relationship between the coach and the GM, him not having Hynes on the stand and Hynes not sticking around for questions was pretty telling.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
For someone that talked about the importance of the relationship between the coach and the GM, him not having Hynes on the stand and Hynes not sticking around for questions was pretty telling.
Was it though? Why would Hynes be there for that? The players weren't either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad