PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Thank you David Poile.
Cup Final
Presidents Cup
3 division titles
Never had a truly bad team, even in year 1.
And most importantly, kept us in Nashville, with a competitive team, all those years he had a shoestring budget.

Really wish we could have given him the Cup that would have been a fitting capstone for such an illustrious career.

Man literally gave an eye for this team.

Thank you David, have a long, healthy and happy retirement.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Wow!!
I love this move!!
Oh man!!
Talk about passing the torch!!

Congrats on a great career and for all you have done for us since 1998 David. Pat on the back my friend.

Congrats Barry and welcome back!! Cannot wait to see what you can do with the team. Please fire Hynes first off hahaha

Exciting times!!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It's very weird timing to spit that out for a tight-lipped organization. But in a way, we all kind of knew it when Trotz moved back here.

I don't entirely have faith in him, just from his conservative coaching style. Although he was a very good coach. But I assume there is more going on in that ample cranium than we necessarily saw from his duties behind the bench. So let's see where that goes. A fresh outlook was definitely something a lot of people wanted.
:handclap:

I sure hope he, as one of the all-time great coaches in the NHL, can see through the Hynes facade, at least. This to me would be the greatest immediate positive outcome of the GM change. :thumbu:

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
Hate to be gleeful about someone losing their gig but good riddance Hynes.
Agreed.

But this is way better news than any trade deadline deals we could have hoped for.

Let the kids play out the rest of the year, see what we have, and then let Trotz call up Jared smithson, Joel ward, maybe Greg zanon and get this new team rolling

Damn I’m stoked

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wonder if Poile saw all the crap coming at him with the deadline and just said, f**k it, I'm tired of this. He built his team, he tweaked it, it still went to crap, every GM in the league came and offered him crap to fix it, so he just decided to put The Plan that was already in place on a little fast forward. He didn't want to be the guy who fired Hynes and tore things apart on the way out.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Trotz as GM is not really what I was hoping for with a Poile departure. But I do like Trotz and hope he does a great job.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad