Recalled/Assigned: Trotman and Morrow; Next Man Up

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
WTF happened to Bart? Warts and all, he was still good for 20 min/gm last season. Has his confidence been shattered by the P/O? Or CJ? Seems like he makes one mistake and he sits. Seems like a guy that needs confidence from his coach to be decent. Ever since Meszaros came in and challenged him for a spot, he has crumpled under pressure.

iGetCarried*

WTF happened to Bart? Warts and all, he was still good for 20 min/gm last season. Has his confidence been shattered by the P/O? Or CJ? Seems like he makes one mistake and he sits. Seems like a guy that needs confidence from his coach to be decent. Ever since Meszaros came in and challenged him for a spot, he has crumpled under pressure.

If that's the case, this tells us a lot about him as a player; if that's the case, i don't want him in the line-up again....

Who was his partner last year playing 20 mins/gm? Had to be Boychuk; someone who played great last season.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Joe Haggerty @HackswithHaggs · 46m ago

"Morrow & Warsofsky recalled by B's. Torey Krug took shot off foot & had part of pinky finger tip sliced off from slash. That's a tough night"

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Water always finds its own level. He played above his head at times last year, but he's clearly not good enough to be a regular NHL defenseman. It's even worse when you have to count on him to log heavy minutes.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
If that's the case, this tells us a lot about him as a player; if that's the case, i don't want him in the line-up again....

Who was his partner last year playing 20 mins/gm? Had to be Boychuk; someone who played great last season.

True. If you can't handle the pressure, see ya. But maybe CJ is too impatient with him. Hasn't given him a real shot (more than a game) at playing with Seidenberg.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Water always finds its own level. He played above his head at times last year, but he's clearly not good enough to be a regular NHL defenseman. It's even worse when you have to count on him to log heavy minutes.

I guess, but he did look like a NHL Dman replacing Seidenberg last season until the P/O. Its gotta be mental or something.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Joe Haggerty @HackswithHaggs · 46m ago

"Morrow & Warsofsky recalled by B's. Torey Krug took shot off foot & had part of pinky finger tip sliced off from slash. That's a tough night"

Off his foot? Ouch!

From the replay I thought he had taken the shot off the shin.

And the slash!! My goodness that Minnesota team LOVES!!! their stick work.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
We're just a few more injuries, or maybe a quick bout of the flu away from finally getting to see the debut of Tommy Cross.

Everytime i hear that name i can't help but think what a terrible draft that was for us compared to the Scabs. We took Hamil and the Scabs took McDonagh and Pacioretti after us. 2nd round we take Cross and Scabs take Subban.

Amazing how the makeup of this team could look had we taken any of those players instead of who we took

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
I agree.

thought Morrow looked good last night.

It’s just one game but I like what I saw from him. Once everyone is back, he may make BARTKOWSKI expendable. I also like the HAMILTON-SEIDENBERG pairing. I feel they have more chemistry the CHARA-HAMILTON. KRUG has played well on the right side so maybe try...

CHARA-KRUG
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
MORROW-MCQUAID/MILLER

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It’s just one game but I like what I saw from him. Once everyone is back, he may make BARTKOWSKI expendable. I also like the HAMILTON-SEIDENBERG pairing. I feel they have more chemistry the CHARA-HAMILTON. KRUG has played well on the right side so maybe try...

CHARA-KRUG
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
MORROW-MCQUAID/MILLER

Bartkowski's play makes him expendable, but sure. Morrow looked better. :laugh:

dup7

Jul 5, 2006
Halifax, NS
Very surprised there's not more chatter about the play of B's young Dmen. Small sample size but I think Warsofsky has looked great, Trotman very good and Morrow fairly solid as well.

I love the depth..when healthy there are 10 guys who can be counted on to log minutes...when's the last time this team could say that?

Chara
Seidenberg
Hamilton
Krug
McQuaid
Miller
Bartkowski
Warsofky
Trotman
Morrow

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Impressed with Morrow, Trotman too, no ugly Bart moments with either of them. Warsofsky as well although he has made some silly passes across ice at the wrong time.

Berge56

Oct 23, 2014
^ +1
I don't want to see Bart play another NHL game for the Bruins. Unless he is scoring more goals then he allows. :)

Berge56

Oct 23, 2014
Exactly. He can't do it. Some guys get it after a few screw ups, but not Bart. He keeps screwing up and costing us games. I think one of the last games he played on NESN they talked to him and he even said himself that he was losing confidence.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Not to make excuses for Bart but wasn't he still considered a rookie last season? Defense is a position that takes most players several years to be proficient at. He was asked to play big minutes (especially in the playoffs) and he buckled. No shame in that but now at this point he's still a broken man IMO. He needs a reset in Providence for the rest of the season but that would mean exposing him to waivers....that's probably why nobody is going to pony up a trade proposition. Unless a team is an upper echelon one (L.A. or Chicago etc) why would anyone want to trade for him when there's a possibility of getting him off of waivers? He has the all around skill but if he can't get his head back on straight he may be damaged goods that nobody will take a chance on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad