Recalled/Assigned: Trotman and Morrow; Next Man Up

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Hamilton-Seids
Krug-Morrow
Bart-Trotman

:help:

Thank god for Clode, our plethora of two way F and Rask...

disgusted-mother-of-god.png

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
I'm looking forward to seeing what we have in Morrow (at the NHL level), but it's a shame he won't have the luxury of being eased into the big leagues like Krug was. He would have that much more leeway to spread his [offensive] wings if he were paired with a stay-at-home guy like Seidenberg or McQuaid.

He'll have to pick his spots much more carefully -- with respect to finding his offense and doing his thing in the O-zone -- if he is in fact paired with Krug on the 2nd pairing. That duo would be an offensive bonanza (probably) but a glaring defensive liability, and it would be just as bad defensively with a Morrow/Bart pairing.

Looks like Morrow will have to learn NHL defending on the fly. I think Trotman will be OK, not as flashy but more seasoned defensively. Maybe Trot should be in the improvised top-4??

This is going to be rough. Still very anxious to see how both of these young D-men respond to the challenge, especially Morrow.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I'm actually pretty surprised Warsofsky wasn't the man called up since we got a few glimpses of him last year. Just looked at his stats this year and they are pretty bad. Probably disinterested in playing in the AHL once again.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm actually pretty surprised Warsofsky wasn't the man called up since we got a few glimpses of him last year. Just looked at his stats this year and they are pretty bad. Probably disinterested in playing in the AHL once again.

He's also really small and the defense is small enough with the loss of Chara and Miller. Need a little beef.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
He's also really small and the defense is small enough with the loss of Chara and Miller. Need a little beef.

Yea I agree. Wasn't a big fan of Warsofsky's game from only the games I've seen. Was a bit surprised he wasn't dealt either.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Warsofsky would most likely have been dealt before the start of the regular season if there were any takers. That he cleared waivers tells us all we need to know w/ regard to his market value... too much of an unknown and his size works against him in a big way.

If no one grabbed him for free, his addition in a (hypothetical) trade package wasn't going to be the extra piece that helps Chia acquire anything of significance.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Reading that Mcquaid might be banged up which is why the recalled both Trotman and Morrow. So we might see both in Toronto!

I hope he's not banged up. However, they needed to call up two guys anyway since both Chara & Miller are out for extended time.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
I have been saying this as well, but not entirely true. When Z is really gone, the B's will have another $6+ mil to spend on a d-man if they want.

Does Savvy's $ run out at the same time? I hope so because by that time 6 mil doesn't buy a #1 D (doesn't even now) so the rest needs to come from somewhere...

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
@MarkDivver: Joe Morrow and David Warsofsky recalled by Boston from @AHLBruins and should be at practice this morning.

Morrow's back....and also Warsofsky (don't feel like making a new thread for him).

This should concern folks though;
@DanCagen: LRT: Krug blocked a shot late in game off foot, wasn't on ice when Rask was pulled for 6-on-5.

@BJaffe: Re: Bruins callups: Warsofsky for Krug (hurt foot/leg midway thru game then left bench (as noted by J&B) late 3rd. Morrow prob in for Bart

Last edited:

iGetCarried*

So if Krug's out?

Hamilton-Seidenberg
Morrow-McQuaid
Trotman-Warsofsky
Bartkowski

Dear. God.

Even if that's not the correct lineup, any combination of that makes me throw up in my mouth.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So if Krug's out?

Hamilton-Seidenberg
Morrow-McQuaid
Trotman-Warsofsky
Bartkowski

Dear. God.

Even if that's not the correct lineup, any combination of that makes me throw up in my mouth.

How appropriate that we are close to Halloween. Those pairings are ****ing scary! :scared::scared::blackcat::gargoyle::bat::wbrew::ghost3:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad