Trois-Rivières

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
Tretn Birt VP of operations fore the Rocket made a statement today from the Savards atating they are not relocating they are the Islanders and they are here to stay so we will stay I talked to Savard Jr. Myself today and he told me the same thing

So we ot two denials right there....who is left?

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
maybe Boucherville, league office are there. great town, just need a rink. heard of LaPrairie as well but not sure. need a rink as well.

plus is Farrell Miller still own right of the south shore for a Q team ?
That right belongs to the Q...

They blocked the sale of the Junior the first time around because he wanted to keep the right.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
Un groupe composé du président du Canadien de Montréal Geoff Molson, l’ancien président des Cataractes Réal Breton et Peter Simons s’affairerait depuis plusieurs mois déjà à l’implantation d’une nouvelle concession de la Ligue de hockey junior majeur du Québec à Trois-Rivières, selon Le Nouvelliste.

http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/354611.html

Geoff Molson is part of the group :amazed:

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
according to a couple french reporters and Trois Riviere radio station its the Rocket on the move

nolman29

Oct 20, 2009
Charlottetown, PE
according to a couple french reporters and Trois Riviere radio station its the Rocket on the move

The Rocket is not moving. They would not plan a rebrand and then move. VP of Operations Trent Birt made a statement on the Rocket board that the Rocket is dedicated to staying and working on the Island.

These relocation rumours are getting tiring...Next!

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Officialy is January 31st, but remember that the Lewiston MAINEiacs was fold in April and the Montreal Junior moved to Boisbriand in July.

Thanks for this! I do remember the MAINEiacs situation too well and recall they went a year with 17 teams and added Sherbrooke a year later..so I guess Jan 31 is not the be all and end all.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
In this article, there is very little doubt left that the Rocket was indeed the team negociating with this group:
http://www.lapresse.ca/le-nouvellis...aveurs-la-partie-de-poker-est-enclenchee.php?

"Dans un monde idéal, ils voulaient garder le secret jusqu'en mars, question de terminer d'attacher toutes les petites ficelles et ne pas placer une épée de Damoclès au-dessus du Rocket de l'Île-du-Prince-Édouard, l'équipe visée par un éventuel transfert."

So much for the Islanders....

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Does any1 think shawinigan will veto a move of any team to TR?

Sounds like Trois Rivieres would play hard ball if Shawinigan tries to get in the way according to this article.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jr...d-good-qmjhl-market-worth-cost-065825161.html

Quote from the article

Either Trois-Rivières gets a major junior team or "it will look for the American League," which would require an even larger seating capacity and operating budget than a Q team. In other words, accept a huge threat to your bottom line or the gigantic one.

Junior turf war anyone?

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
according to Steve Turcotte its the Rocket that is going there but Savard has stated in our paper the team is staying so who knows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad