Trois-Rivières

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
A group of businessmen is apparently trying to buy a team in the Maritimes to relocate it to Trois-Rivières.

Selon ce qu'ont appris de source sûre «L'Écho de Shawinigan» et TVA Trois-Rivières, une formation des Maritimes serait tout près de plier bagage et s'installer en Mauricie.

Un groupe d'hommes d'affaires prospères et bien connus dans le monde du hockey travaillent présentement en coulisse afin d'acquérir cette concession.

«C'est sûr que lorsque nous avons lancé le projet de construction d'un amphithéâtre de 5000 sièges avec des loges corporatives, ce n'était pas seulement pour le hockey mineur. Nous voulions nous positionner pour amener une équipe junior majeure à Trois-Rivières», s'est réjoui le maire Yves Lévesque qui confirme que le montage financier des actionnaires est déjà complété.

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/hockey/lhjmq/archives/2013/01/20130114-123406.html

Can't get a link to a translation through google translate so I suggest you use GT if you're an unilingual maritimer.

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
I have a feeling it will be the Rocket although imo we deserve a team more than Bathurst

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
If it is why would they go through the whole name change ******** with the fans

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec

Yes I doubt it's the Rocket considering all the name change speculation over the past couple of months. I could see Bathurst or Cape-Breton moving though.

They (T-R mayor and the journalist) seemed confident on TVA earlier that there will be a team in Trois-Rivieres by next season.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR

As much as I'd like to see the Draveurs came back, it would be a shame to not find out what the Prince Edward Island Prince Edward Islanders of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island are planning to wear. I was looking forward to a PEI dirt red jersey.

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
Fans would be fuming if its our team were losing we finally have a decent team to go see since the 06-07 season and the numbers are starting to come back the whole name change finally a stability kind of feeling with the franchise but it would not suprise me if the team was moved away all the positives we have been seeing might as well give us a big negative

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
PEI always comes up...

I think it should be Bathurst.

Nope!

Here is what is written in part of the article:
"Le commissaire s'est par la suite rendu dans les Maritimes, une tournée qui était déjà prévue. Il en aurait toutefois profité pour rencontrer les propriétaires de l'équipe en question ."

Translation:
The Commisioner went afterward in the Maritimes , a tourney which was already planned. He took advantage of that to meet the owners of the team in question.

Last edited:

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
I dont know why PEI is considered far better support than Bathurst ad its not even close

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
I dont know why PEI is considered far better support than Bathurst ad its not even close

The only thing I am saying is that it is not Bathurst as Courteau did not visit here and is expected on February 15th.
I says black and white in the article that Courteau already visited and talked to the owners of the moving team.

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
He was in Charlottetown back in Novebr right before he went to Moncton I thought he was in Bathurt than too? know he was just in Cape Breto was he not?

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
He was in Charlottetown back in Novebr right before he went to Moncton I thought he was in Bathurt than too? know he was just in Cape Breto was he not?

He was coming to Bathurst in December but had to cancel his flight reservations because of a snow storm in Montreal and Quebec City.
He will be here in February.

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
Tretn Birt VP of operations fore the Rocket made a statement today from the Savards atating they are not relocating they are the Islanders and they are here to stay so we will stay I talked to Savard Jr. Myself today and he told me the same thing

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
Yeah the PEI franchise is on the rise we just needed a competitive team to get fans there next year looks like we will have a decent team too so I think you will see an increase next yr too finally there is a buzz on the Island for the Rocket

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad