Trocheck screaming at Sutherland after blatant missed call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Absolutely nothing thread.

Player upset he nearly got decapitated. He has every right to be upset.

If referees make the wrong call, they have to take it sometimes. They can't be coddled beyond belief.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Relevance is tied rather heavily to interest. So i think the best way you could gage a team's relevance is to step outside their home market and gage interest. I'm curious what national broadcast ratings are like for Rangers games vs Islanders games. I live pretty much as far away from New York as a person could and still have an NHL team (Vancouver) and I can anecdotally tell you that there is MUCH more interest when the Rangers come to town than the Islanders. Tiered ticket pricing also reflects that the Rangers are a significantly hotter ticket than Islanders throughout the league.

I think Islanders pretty much need another dynasty (or at the very least a McDavid level superstar) to move the needle on league-wide interest. You can win all you want, but if no one cares, you aren't relevant.
Relevance is tied to whatever team you are rooting for. What sparks interest is if you are a good team. No one down here in Tampa (where I live) gives a rats ass about the NYR, but if they are good the Lightning fans want to watch a good game. That's all there is to it. There are only two fanbases that think their franchises are god's gift to the universe. One of those franchises has a big leaf as its logo and guess which the other one is.

Who the hell was cocky last year? Everyone knew the Devils were a bad matchup for us and was concerned. The Devils also had 113 points. Your team might break 90. As much as I hate the Devils don't compare your garbage team this year to the Devils of last year. Oh and BTW, the cocky ones are Rangers fans? Your team is fighting for their playoff lives and we're favored to win the Presidents' Trophy. Yet all I read on this thread is Islanders fans saying how we can't win without the Powerplay and they hope to face us. At least if some Rangers fans are cocky it's been earned by virtue of having 23 more points than your shitty team. Your team wouldn't even be in playoff contention most years.

Yet we're the cocky ones.
But the bolded is true isn't it?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hey Folks,

Since you guys cannot stop the banter we are done.

IMG_5331.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad